The bear card as poop?

Kurenai

Yesterday I had a most interesting experience with my lenormand. My daily draw came up with the following cards:

cross road - bear - fish

I was puzzling over this but soon forgot about it. After my daughter's hockey practice, me and my husband (on a whim) decided to go to a small town about 1.5 hours away from our home. On our way there we decided to go on a hike at a small provincial park near the town.

The cross road made absolute sense because during our hike we came across a lot of them! When I came home I was musing about the cards and my day when I wondered if the bear card could have meant poop (or a large mammal).

I came to this conclusion because there were a lot of horse poop on the trail (and these were enormous too) since a lot of people also ride their horses there too.

So it makes sense if I interpret the bear card to mean poop since

during our hiking trail (cross roads) we came across many (fish) large mounds of poop (bear).

I know this sounds hilarious and absurd.... But I thought I'd share it with people here at the forum to see what you thought. Anybody have an experience similar to this?

Padma

well...the Bear represents physicality, and is a creature who roams in the woods, and so if you were hiking, I could see Bear card relating to that. So Crossroads/Bear/Fish could have simply meant a lot (Fish) of country roads/cross roads (Crossroads) while roaming in the woods (Bear)

Bear has to do with food and nutrition, but I can't see it as poop - it might have a tenuous link with money being poop-like (dreaming of poop means money coming in) as Bear represents finances, as does Fish, but Bear does not relate to the intestines - that would be Snake.

Interesting take though, and who knows, you may be completely correct! ;) Besides - if it takes on that meaning for you - then use it as such. We read best when we have a personal dictionary of associations with our cards, imo!

Kurenai

well...the Bear represents physicality, and is a creature who roams in the woods, and so if you were hiking, I could see Bear card relating to that. So Crossroads/Bear/Fish could have simply meant a lot (Fish) of country roads/cross roads (Crossroads) while roaming in the woods (Bear)

Bear has to do with food and nutrition, but I can't see it as poop - it might have a tenuous link with money being poop-like (dreaming of poop means money coming in) as Bear represents finances, as does Fish, but Bear does not relate to the intestines - that would be Snake.

Interesting take though, and who knows, you may be completely correct! ;) Besides - if it takes on that meaning for you - then use it as such. We read best when we have a personal dictionary of associations with our cards, imo!

Ha! I never thought about the bear card meaning "roaming in the woods" ~! Actually, that makes a lot more sense than poop! I like your interpretation better than mine... Mine was like grabbing at straws.... Yes, I do agree with you that the fish card meant "a lot of" or "many." Thanks!

Padma

No problem, Kurenai, and I hope others here post their thoughts! It was an interesting question! ;)

elle_muse

Do you think that the ROAD and BEAR together means simply a nature walk or hike? That how I see it.

firecatpickles

And then there's the saying, "Does a bear $#!+ in the woods."

Kurenai

Do you think that the ROAD and BEAR together means simply a nature walk or hike? That how I see it.

Looking back, it sure seems like that way, doesn't it? :) This was a very interesting exercise!

firecatpickles

Lenormand is nothing but literal.