Other Cusps

COreader89

I would like to talk to other people that are on a cusp of two different astrological sun signs and see if they sometimes (like me) have a huge major conflict in life between the two when they can be so different.

I am a Sagittarius-Capricorn cusp (literally the day of, on the 21st. Some people would read me as a Capricorn, while others say I am a Sagittarius. Technically I am a Sagittarius by about an hour). Most often I show the Sagittarius side of me to most people, and I love a good philosophical debate. Most of my friends tease me often saying "you always have your eyes set on the skies" which is such a Sagittarius trait. Now, I am also a Capricorn which is very practical and grounded, unlike the Sagittarius. Which I do show that too in my Computer Science degree. Actually, I have a minor in philosophy (Sagittarius trait), but since that didn't have many practical uses in life I got my major in Computer Science (Capricorn trait).

I seem to always be conflicting with myself because of the two, though. One minute I am wanting to contemplate the most random things (like the meaning of life, what creates "life", or even strange things like the fourth dimension). Whereas other times I only want "logical" thoughts, and seem to not do well with my random mind because of the Capricorn. I sometimes feel so conflicted by the two different ideologies.

Does any other cusp sun signs feel this too?

decan

Hi,
Because you said: "Technically I am a Sagittarius by about an hour" I would consider your Sun in the last degree of Sagittarius. The last degree of a Sign is considered as difficult, in a way "heavy", well, it isn't the better placement, but the Sun isn't afflicted in Sagittarius!
With regard to other personality traits, generally we look at the rising sign, its ruler, the Moon sign etc.
The Sun is important but it doesn't show everything.

Minderwiz

It's not easy to generalise here, simply on the basis of Sun position by sign(s) alone. I was born with the Sun at 29 degrees 45 minutes of Libra. I spent my early years believing I was a Scorpio and it was only when I started to study Astrology that I found out that I was Libra. In another year my day and time of birth may well have produced a Scorpio Sun.

So which is dominant? Neither; The Sun is dominant through Leo, my first house and my personality, within these three modern sign interpretations would be Leo. However, I have an Aquarius Moon and a Leo Saturn in opposition and these play an important role My Sun ruler, Venus is angular in the fourth and squares Mars in Leo. It's the planets which are important, the signs only modify them

Incidentally, I would (and do) associate Saturn with Computers, but it's the Saturn of Aquarius, its Day sign (and an Air sign) rather than Saturn of Capricorn and Earth sign and it's night sign. Computing is a very diurnal activity.

COreader89

Yes, my degree for Sagittarius is 29°44', which is pretty close to the last degree of 30°. My moon sign is Libra (pretty much in the middle at 17°30'), Mercury in Capricorn, Venus in Aquarius, Mars Sagittarius, Jupiter Cancer. Now my rising sign is Capricorn.

I was just wondering if someone notices that their cusp sun signs might create its own problems in life without the others. I know that all the planets matter when determining personality stuff, but just wondering if other cusps notice this problem, or is it truly just how all the planets move around that cause this conflict.

COreader89

It's not easy to generalise here, simply on the basis of Sun position by sign(s) alone. I was born with the Sun at 29 degrees 45 minutes of Libra. I spent my early years believing I was a Scorpio and it was only when I started to study Astrology that I found out that I was Libra. In another year my day and time of birth may well have produced a Scorpio Sun.

So which is dominant? Neither; The Sun is dominant through Leo, my first house and my personality, within these three modern sign interpretations would be Leo. However, I have an Aquarius Moon and a Leo Saturn in opposition and these play an important role My Sun ruler, Venus is angular in the fourth and squares Mars in Leo. It's the planets which are important, the signs only modify them

Incidentally, I would (and do) associate Saturn with Computers, but it's the Saturn of Aquarius, its Day sign (and an Air sign) rather than Saturn of Capricorn and Earth sign and it's night sign. Computing is a very diurnal activity.

Yeah, I just know that Computer Science (which is coding, and writing the software for computers) is an extreamly logical which is similar to my capricorn cusp. I do know that I had read an article about cusps, and there was one guy that said he had two majors in Computer Science, and Philosophy (after I had already graduated). Which is another reason I was asking if anyone had noticed this duality. The article didn't really talk about other aspects of their planets, and was only talking about cusps for the sun sign. Just wondering if someone else noticed this.

Minderwiz

The article didn't really talk about other aspects of their planets, and was only talking about cusps for the sun sign. Just wondering if someone else noticed this.[/QUOTE]

Personally the answer to that is 'no' or better stil 'not really' at least in the context of your question. However I do have three planets in Scorpio, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter (just on the cusp of Sagittarius by one minute or arc). So Scorpio does modify three of my planets and can therefore be said to cast some influence, but it's not a Sun sign influence

If you have Mercury and/or Venus in the other sign to the Sun, then you might well experience some influences yourself.