What are your thoughts on these decks?

AmethystEyes

I'm torn between these two
DragonFae's Oracle
and
Hawaiian Oracle
Anything to say about either deck?

Golden Moon

I'd go with the DragonFae's Oracle. The images are really nice and the quantity of cards are fair enough. But thats just my own opinion. :)

BodhiSeed

I had the Hawaiian Oracle and traded it away soon after I got it. The card quality and pictures were not what I had expected after seeing the scans online. On the other hand, though I don't have it myself, I hear lots of people saying nice things about the Dragonfae!

ilweran

The Dragonfae is pretty but their red dragon ('ddraig goch') is green! Being sloppy about things like that really puts me off.

But it is really pretty :D

souljourney

I have both...
VERY different decks... in every way they are different.
If you like them both, I'd say get both.

I probably connect more with the images in the Dragonfae deck, and generally like it better.

The Hawaiian deck is very rooted in Hawaiian meaning, etc. So in my opinion requires more "study" than Dragonfae for me. But I'm more into the dragon, celtic, fae stuff so it's "easier" to understand, etc.

I also like the artwork in the Dragonfae better, but they are so different. Really this is comparing apples to broccoli...

Miss Divine

I don't have the Hawaiian Oracle, but I do have the Dragonfae.
From all the oracles I own, it's only the Dragonfae & Lenormand that I use everyday.
The Dragonfae cards are gorgeous, but what they have to offer is what really makes this deck a must have for me.
I have plenty of other oracles, yeah they're pretty, but that's mostly all they've been doing...sittin' pretty on a shelf!

AmethystEyes

souljourney said:
The Hawaiian deck is very rooted in Hawaiian meaning, etc. So in my opinion requires more "study" than Dragonfae for me.

I've heard this. So would you think it's hard for someone who has no background on it to read/interpret them.

faunabay

Like souljourney I have both as well. I love both of them. I also agree with her that it's like comparing apples to broccoli - they are that different. About the only thing they have in common is they're both oracles. LOL

But unlike what some of the other people (bodhran :p) have said I LOVE the artwork for the Hawaiian! I think it's beautiful, extremely dreamy looking and feeling. It's supposed to draw from the Lemurian spiritual energies (similar to Atlantis).

But the Hawaiian does take more study and to tell the truth I have to use the book everytime I draw a card. It is interesting learning, but I can't use it intuitively.

Now the Dragonfae, right out of the box, talked to me!! And talked. And talked! }) It's similar to the Froud Faeries deck in that they have become more than cards to me. They're my friends. :* I adore my dragonfae deck and would never be without it.

Like I said before I really like both of these decks, but if I HAD to just choose one it would be the dragonfae, hands down.

Rev_Vesta

Hi...

I have Oracle of the Dragonfae....... and found it very easy to work with as soon as I got it out of the box.......

I do not have The Hawaiian Orcale Deck...... but if you are totally drawn to it.......and love the imagery and find that you are totally connected to the Mystery of it and the Hawaiian Teachings......then why not also work with it.........You might find different clients suit different decks... but also you might yourself work with different decks for personal journey...

Vesta

.traveller.

The Hawaiian Oracle has a puffin on one of the cards!!!! :bugeyed: :heart:

This is what happens when I randomly click on threads... just another victim of a drive-by enabling.