Is Cross always doom and gloom ?

Tag_jorrit

When in doubt, go back to the instructions that accompanied virtually all the Lenormand decks that were published for the first 100 years they were around.

Through time things have been added, but the PL sheet, as it's known, says about the Cross, "The Cross is always a bad sign. If it is near the person you may hope that the misfortune will not last long."

Here is a copy of the PL sheet you can view or print.

It needs to be read in context of the question where it can also describe a person -- a preacher, nun, rabbi, etc. Its meaning has been softened by people in recent years, I suspect because of political correctness nobody wants to say negative things to anyone. But life is full of bad things and not every card can have good meanings.

Remember not to read Lenormand like Tarot. It's like a language so you need to combine the cards together to get a complete thought, like a sentence. You can't change the word "bad" to mean "good" no matter how much you would like to.

Of course, you can assign any meanings you like to the Lenormand cards, as you can to any oracle deck. But then you're using it like an oracle and you're not 'speaking' Lenormand. Lenormand is robust just the way it is. Practice and get to be friends with it and you will discover how directly the cards will speak to you.

danieljuk

thank you for posting about it Tag, will print it out as a reference :) :thumbsup:

tarotlova

(though ETA, Tarotlova, not trying to discredit your view of it! just expressing my own experience)

Oh I don't think that at all, that was just a few that came to my mind. I know it can't always be positive, life isn't like that it just comes up more positive then negative for me in general :)