Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 16 - #16

mooncat2

((((((((tink & purple-scorp))))))........you beautiful people. You have no idea what you are doing for me.

In the woman's back is my vulnerability..........the fear of exposing my true thoughts........waiting submissive, expecting, the knife in the back.

You give the other side......and yes, I do believe it is happening and it is wonderful. Here in this place my fears are slipping away and I'm finding my voice. A cello.........how lovely.......an instrument that creates music.....the song of the self.

Bless you both :love:

purple_scorp

Vulnerability? Really? I saw a beautiful woman with tremendous faith and confidence to sit up straight and tall and expose the naked truth. Perhaps even someone who is protected, in this case by an unknown source......but interestingly cave women always sat with their backs to the cave's entrance because their men would always sit in the protector's seat....facing the entrance so they could ward off any danger. It's why now, when you go to a restaurant, all the men choose to sit facing the restaurant door. Have you noticed this? It's ingrained deep within their psyche....they probably don't even know they do it.....or why. Even the hostess seats them there. If you want to unnerve a man, take him out for dinner and seat yoursElf in the protector's chair, then watch him squirm for the rest of the evening. I like to pull this trick on new dates ;) see how they handle the situation. Mwahahaha ah yes, I'm just an evil Scorp.

Just to bring it back to the symbol for a moment, I guess that's why the brownies dance at night, because they are too vulnerable to see the light of day.

By the way, there are one or two words in the English language that I have difficulty getting my tongue around......vulnerable is one of them.....so I've decided instead to eradicate it from my vocabulary. Works well for me!

We're all growing here together.

with love
purple_scorp

huredriel

A wonderful wonderful picture Mooncat ........ yes I can see the vulnerability ....... that back is just so ..... open ....... and the hunched figure makes me feel very sad ........ as if she's looking to the ancient drawings and wishing to travel back in time to join in with them, be a part of them ....... to connect .... possibly that's what the snake is? The kundalini energy that connects us, one and all?

mooncat2

:) Thank you........purple_scorp & huredriel

I never knew that about the cave women.........how fascinating. I'll have to make plans to go out for dinner ........a good excuse as any :D.........and look around.
You are an evil scorp inflicting such suffering on your dates........perhaps I could try it on hubby.
Vulnerable is a word I no longer have a need for either so I shall throw it out with the rubbish.

huredriel.........lovely..........reconnecting with the source, perhaps..........and doing it by connecting with others..........growing together. :)

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I saw a beautiful woman with tremendous faith and confidence to sit up straight and tall and expose the naked truth. Perhaps even someone who is protected, in this case by an unknown source......but interestingly cave women always sat with their backs to the cave's entrance because their men would always sit in the protector's seat....facing the entrance so they could ward off any danger. It's why now, when you go to a restaurant, all the men choose to sit facing the restaurant door. Have you noticed this? It's ingrained deep within their psyche....they probably don't even know they do it.....or why. Even the hostess seats them there. If you want to unnerve a man, take him out for dinner and seat yoursElf in the protector's chair, then watch him squirm for the rest of the evening. I like to pull this trick on new dates see how they handle the situation. Mwahahaha ah yes, I'm just an evil Scorp.

}) Haha, I'm going to try this out on Friday night! :p

tink :love:

tink27

mooncat2 said:
:) huredriel.........lovely..........reconnecting with the source, perhaps..........and doing it by connecting with others..........growing together. :)

Hi mooncat2,

purple_scorp said:
I love your image too. Look at those dancing figures on your wall. Amazing! They are almost leaping out.

purple_scorp, I saw this too!

These 'brownies are the ancient ones the 'forgotten ones' and want to make themselves known to you. They are your allies, they are here to help you. Native spirits or brownies come in all shapes and sizes, each one possessing a special gift to offer. The ones in this image are proud, knowledgeable and very magical.

As I look at these figures on the wall of your cave (internal womb), I sense a power without strength, a perception, an experience that is more than ordinary power…..the snake could represent a birth of a new consciousness.

Inside each of us says the nature spirits is a forgotten person. Whatever is outside is inside, as above, so below. Each figure on the wall represent a self unrealized…….let the power of nature, the wisdom of the snake help bring together what never before has had life.

Aries, to me is the beginning of 'Life' and this symbol represents strength and fortitude that comes from breaking open and forging ahead despite what obstacles lay ahead.

I see this symbol as digging deep within ourselves to find a new direction a new method, a new sense of self...going back to Aries 1 here, a sense of bursting forth! The kundalini is an emerging, a shift of moving outward to express the Arian energy of courage, empowerment and sense of self. It is a journey in itself!

What is Life? Isn't it about redefining, redesigning and breaking the boundaries of our humanness? Of evolving, changing, and at times learning to say little and listening to what nature tells us.

tink :love:

huredriel

OK, so am probably gonna sound nuts posting this (Mooncat2 can take the blame for me posting this :p) ....... but after puzzling over this and some comments on Aries 14 .......

"its obviously on my subconscious too cos the other night I'm dreaming about going abroad ...... some holiday place (just before I saw your pic btw - of the elephant & ocean) ..... and all I kept getting was the word eune ...... googled it before I realised ......... french for one!!!! Now how weird is that!!! not only that, but one of the google searches came up with grey seal ........ regarding a type of boat! Instantly thought of Aries 1 ...... see what you're doing to my brain :D:D:D"

And then:

"OK another thought - you said *healing the separation* ....... but aren't all of us trying to do that anyway (well the majority at AT etc) ..... become all that we are meant to be, hence we look to learn and grow ..... which obviously brings the past into the present & future?"

Hmm not sure how this relates to this symbol (will get round to looking at these titles grrrr) so feel free to call me bats! :D

Also I can't seem the find the link, but I do know I went to google uk, and typed in eune - place, and then it came up with some weird stuff (for some reason I also googled eune maura)

One link I just found was linked to a goddess:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oah/oah/oah226.htm

and another to ogham rune - On re-examining the stone, it ... the third line in the main inscription is the Gothic Eune for nasal Q.

Weird huh!

mooncat2

:) Lovely words, tink............these are the feelings I had too when making the image. It was the first one I'd made knowing the symbol beforehand so there was intent as well as intuition .........obviously the influence of the dreamtime too.

The Brownies are helpers but they can only do so much.........they cannot be seen or heard except by ourselves. For me, this symbol has a strong message.................to give voice, communicate .........let the Brownies dance into life.

I'm trying ;)

:love:

mooncat2

OK, so am probably gonna sound nuts posting this (Mooncat2 can take the blame for me posting this ) ....... but after puzzling over this and some comments on Aries 14 .......

You're allowed to sound nuts..........Brownies like to play..........but I believe its from these 'nutty' observations we are led to all sorts of enlightening information.

Will have to float around with this for a bit..........do some googling myself.

Great stuff!!! ;)

huredriel

Huffing and puffing, I've finally made my way this far *whew*!!!

Random musings :)

Fire, 16 of Tower ....... hidden of Chariot ....... interestingly enough Tower is Mars, Mars is at home in Aries! Hot energy, hot spirituality ........ *hot house* ...... the inner garden of energy? Volcanoes erupting ...... not being able to be contained for they are not going to be restrained by man ..... primeval ..... a force of nature. Lightening strikes ....... can rock our very foundations ........ yet with the 7 underneath ..... these illuminations can help us to steer our way forwards! The Chariot aspect also brings me back to this:

tink27 said:
Aries, to me is the beginning of 'Life' and this symbol represents strength and fortitude that comes from breaking open and forging ahead despite what obstacles lay ahead

My first thought on reading this title was of the Brownies, similar to Girl Guides .... a recognised organisation in the UK. Children, youth ... camping, nature .... learning crafts.

However, as *spirits* ..... again the child element .. but the imagination aspect ...... the *anything is possible* ...... to see, to bask, to party ....... to enjoy ......... revel in the magic of life ...... yes I really do wish I had gone to Hogwarts as a child :D

Faeries dancing around toadstools ..... playful, mischievous ... fun ...... also makes me think of dust being kicked up on a warm summer's day at dusk ..... that which normally stays hidden .... inert ... like dust bunnies under the bed ..... little shards of light flickering every which way .... fast movement as they dart about .......

*Celebration*

Why do they dance ..... what are they celebrating? Is this a hidden or inert part of ourselves that we don't express or have forgotten to express as we mature through society?

A child's instinctive inner joy ..... the land of *make believe* .... where dreams really can come true ....... where the imagination knows no bounds and life is full of exciting adventures and possibilities ..... do they come out to play to say or show us that the future is already inside of us ...... we just have to *believe* ........ the magic of pure intent and belief ..... project it out ..... make it real ...... validate its existence?

Dreams and messengers ... the little flashes of intuition ...... often of just pure *knowing* .... that seep from the subconscious ....... yet often they come in symbolic form ..... like the spectrum of the opal ..... different aspects that manifest in dreams and then need to be interpreted ........ yet the adult I says why can't you be more specific ...... detailed ..... precise ....... and at that I imagine them giggling ....... the child's humour ....... inner radiance and JOY ..... well it wouldn't be half as much fun now would it, they seem to respond? For surely this is part of the journey ....... not so much the end result ...... to enjoy each step of the way, each change ...... each new adventure ...... as a child would ..... as the Fool would .......

*Dream weavers* floats into my mind ....... especially when I think of the karmic symbol ....... If the Indian who is weaving the rug is a guide ........ are the brownies her messengers ......... like Spiderwoman ....... the brownies feel as if they could be the strands upon which our dreams are relayed ..... sticky like glue ..... and which holds our dreams together.

WE ARE the dream weavers :heart:

And makes me want to ask ..... When did you last play with the brownies?