Nisaba's Timing Method

novenovembre

I found a method for timing in a book a few years ago, and tried it for a while. It was like each ace represented a season, the court cards stood for : king of wands-aries , queen of wands-leo, page of wands-saggitarius and so on, with zodiac correspondences for each period, and the minor arcana number cards stood for days, weeks, months. It wasn't too bad, sometimes it worked, but not always, so I decided that it wasn't fair to use it on other people. It was on a tarot book I had, can't remember the author. Has anyone ever heard of it ?

PulchraElectri

I am a fatalist, myself-I know it's not popular-, so I believe that at least the major events in our lives are fixed.....which is why I have a problem with that....maybe the timing is not fixed, I'm not sure....who knows....

The thing is we all have freedom of choice. And because of this there are always an infinite number of possibilities and outcomes to each situation we encounter in our lives. If I ask a question I try to be as specific as possible to eliminate at least some of the possibilities.

novenovembre

The thing is we all have freedom of choice.

Do we ?
I had this debate on another thread here (free will and destiny, I think it was) and again, I was a minority asserting that maybe we don't.....not as much as we would like to believe, anyway........but I'm used to representing a minority ....

jillkite

just found out about this Nisaba timing method via another thread, it looks so interesting.

when people ask me about timing i have no clue, this opens up a possibility of being able to offer them some idea. personally i would always tell them that the future is always changing depending on what happens in the present, so the timing can change. but it will be great to be able to give a current impression.

and yes, as others said, an excuse to buy another deck!! i had my eye on one, but due to unillustrated pips, backed off. now i feel enabled! :)

thanks!

Rhinemaiden

Nisaba... your timing method is brilliant! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it! :heart:

I tried it a few weeks ago, using a brand new deck of Bicycle playing cards, and drew a 3 clubs for a future event. I disremembered that clubs were DAYS and thought later it was 3 MONTHS I'd be waiting. But days it was... the event transpired in 3 days.

Call me a believer! ;)

nisaba

..what if you ask the same question about when something is going to happen twice-obviously not immediately afterwards, but after some time- and get incompatible answers ?

Well, it's been suggested that factors feeding the situation might have changed. It's worth remembering that you still have free will - just because a reading has happened, doesn't mean future events are set in concrete. A reading tells you what you've got to work with, it doesn't do the work for you.

It might also be that the deck is sick of your not accepting the first answer. Perhaps it would like its answers respected, by not having repeat questions. After all, if I ask a human a question, listen to the answer, then ask the same question again, it generally means that I don't believe them and don't respect the answer I've been given.

nisaba

this opens up a possibility of being able to offer them some idea. personally i would always tell them that the future is always changing depending on what happens in the present, so the timing can change. but it will be great to be able to give a current impression.

<wild cheering>

conurelover

Nisaba's timing method worked for me exactly! Drew a 7 of Wands and on the 7th day...voila!

Thanks for this method! :)

Padma

Nisaba, what happens if the deck you are using for timings flips a card up while you are shuffling? Because I tried this method, and flipped a 6 of Swords while shuffling...then the cut gave me King of Cups. I am asking about something that might take up to two years to happen, but could easily happen as soon as end Aug...I am tempted to go with the 6 Swords!

nisaba

Depends how you feel about flipped cards, LP. I personally don't pay them much attention in general readings unless they come out again in the spread. So for me, they would not be the timing card unless they seemed forceful about it. But if flipped cards are generally significant to you, then use it.

The problem comes into play when you flip more than one - and I'm a clumsy shuffler and often flip three or four.