10 swords as something you shoul STOP doing

summeryjoy

Hi guys,

How would you read 10 swords as a reply of what you should stop doing? It's like an advice card but in a reversed way. Instead of doing...you should not doing.

10 swords is not a friendly card, but somehow I tend to see it also as melodramatic card in a exagerated way, like those specific days of the month that we woman tend to see a problem on everything and have some exagerated reactions....drama queen style? :)
It is also a 10...so it could mean not to end things?

How do you see it?
I could use some help on this. Thanks.
eagle star
A few guesses:

Stop being a drama queen
Stop feeling like a victim
Stop over-thinking every little thing
Stop the it's-the-end-of-the-world type of thinking
Stop mourning; no one is dead.

eagle star

It could also mean maybe you tend to talk behind people's backs? Not that I think you do, but just trying to suggest a new idea of the card's meaning. :) You might see this sometime for someone else and that meaning might apply.

Hi Grizabela!
I'm a direct person type...and sometimes have problems with that "honesty" :D :D :D so I don't think it applies...but it's a good future insight for other situations...thanks for that!

eagle star

A few guesses:

Stop being a drama queen
Stop feeling like a victim
Stop over-thinking every little thing
Stop the it's-the-end-of-the-world type of thinking
Stop mourning; no one is dead.

YES! To all five :)
I absolutely identify my self with all of them...
Have to STOP doing that...but....that's another story... :)
thanks!!!!

the world is saved

.since the question was about an old issue that I keep "insisting" on

Swords are the suit of the mind - the person in this image is being prevented from standing up and moving on by thought patterns that are repeating over and over. The same wound is happening again and again.

I think the card would be advising that you need to stop this from happening, break the repetitive thought pattern.

eagle star

Swords are the suit of the mind - the person in this image is being prevented from standing up and moving on by thought patterns that are repeating over and over. The same wound is happening again and again.

I think the card would be advising that you need to stop this from happening, break the repetitive thought pattern.

Also a very good point...it adapts perfectly to the situation! There's a lot of repetition here (thoughts, situations, reactions...)
Thank you for the suggestion!

eagle star

It depends in which spread the card occur. If it turns up in a one-card-spread about self-knowledge done almost every day, the level of warning will be less severe, than if the card turns up in Ettilla's Great Figure done once in a lifetime, in an attempt to foresee your entire life span. Catastrophes do not normally occur daily for everyone.

My spontaneous general interpretation, under the condition that the spread is an everyday spread, is that you ought to check the conditions of the water mains and pipes in your bathroom or your kitchen, and assure yourself that your basement is protected against flooding. Is the central heating based on circulation of hot water? Maintenance? Do you leave moist towels on the floor in a way that irritates family members? How's your insurance against damp damages? Are the tiles on the roof ready for autumnal rains? Do you dress appropriately for a rainy day, or will your clothes be damaged expensively if soaked? Have you evaluated your (or a family member's) drinking habits in an honest way? Do you know how to swim? Do you have a habit of neglecting the use of a life jacket when you go fishing? I suppose you see the pattern in this general theme, and will know best how to continue this trail of thought better suited for your personal circumstances than the general associations mentioned above.

Hi Frater,
the spread was about a particular situation in my life and this card standed for what I should stop doing, so I think your suggestion doesn't apply so well to the situation.
thank you anyway for your input! :)