Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Looking for a "Candlemas/Imbolc" Spread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Citizen

Aerten 
Looking for a "Candlemas/Imbolc" Spread

I'm of no particular religious denomination, but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for a "This Time of Year-ish" (Imbolc or Candlemas, as some call it) spread (or just one for approaching the end of winter). Traditionally, it looks like it is a time for new beginnings, so something under the catagory might be appropriate. I suppose that's kind of vague, so I'm not sure if I expect any responses. If you have any ideas, please share them or PM me, it would be very much appreciated!!
Top   #1
Citizen

Darla 

Hello Aerten,

An Imbolc spread is a good idea, I've never yearned so much for spring to come as this year. I just came up with something thinking about your question. Maybe it could look like this.

1) Reflection of the past months. What was important?
2) Where am I now?
3) What needs to be released?
4) What is important in the upcoming months?
5) How can I turn my plans into reality?
Top   #2
Citizen

Aerten 
Thumbs up Imbolc spread

Thanks! Simple but effective (hard to find in tarot spreads nowadays). I'll try it tonite. I'm still open to anyone else's ideas, though
Top   #3
Citizen

faunabay 

There's a book called "Tarot for all Seasons" which has spreads for all Pagan holidays. I have the book and love using it.....
when I remember to. LOL

I don't have it with me right now, but can post the Imbolc spread later if you'd like. ????
Top   #4
Citizen

Darla 

I was thinking that maybe it would be better to use two or three cards in position one for more detailed information. Perhaps also in position four.

Faunabay, I would like to see the spread you mentioned too! I have been interested in this book for a while.
Top   #5
Dancing to the Vodou groove

Kiama 

I don't know if this helps at all, because I'm approaching this from a different angle: this spread is designed to tell you about Imbolc, what you feel about it, and how it affects your life right now.

The cards are formed in the shape of a candle, its base, and light.

It doesn't show up very well one here though! Cards 1, 2, 4 and 6 are diagonal so put together they create a kind-of circle. Cards 8 and 9 are sideways, so they create the base of the candle. And cards 3, 5, and 7 are the candle itself and are usually longer than what can be shown here!

Cards 8, 9- The basis for Imbolc, what it is based on.
Cards 7, 5, 3- The focus of Imbolc for you.
Cards 1, 2, 4, 6- The effects of Imbolc/the Spring on your life.

I do a reading about each festival as they come around, simply asking the question 'What is {insert festival}'. This spread is one of those.

Blessings,

Kiama
Top   #6
Citizen

faunabay 

OK, here's the Imbolc/Candlemas spread from "Tarot for all Seasons". It's called Brid's Wheel.

1: Strength. This card shows where you are strong. If you don't like this card, it may be because it describes a painful life experience that has made you strong -- or will make you strong if you face the issue.

2: Heart's Desire. Your deepest desire. What do you really want? This card may surprise you. Do you dare to speak of your secret desire?

3: Healer. What needs to be healed if you are to be strong? Note whether or not there is a relationship between position one (strength) and this card. Does this card describe a situation or give you advice about a situation?

4: Creative Inspiration. When healing energy is released, creative inspiration is the result. What are you inspired to do? What creative activity fires you up?

5: Making Plans. Based on the creative information of posiition four, what plans can you now make? Look for the relationships between cards three, four, and five: Healing energy produces a creative spark that needs planning to become real.

6: New Growth. What is the promise of spring that lies just beneath the snow? By knowing where you are strong and focusing on your heart's desire, healing releases a creative fire that offers new beginnings. What is your promise of spring?
Top   #7
Citizen

Aerten 

Whoa! Thanks, all. *writes them all down* I wasn't expecting so many prompt responses
Top   #8
Resident

Clementine_webb 
An interpretation of Darla's Spread - (Christmas tree spread)

Hi Darla,

I hope you don't take offense at this, but when I looked at your spread you did not include a layout, so because of the 1-2-3-4-5 pattern the shape that popped into my mind was that of a christmas tree as follows.

This is what you wrote:

Quote:
Hello Aerten,

An Imbolc spread is a good idea, I've never yearned so much for spring to come as this year. I just came up with something thinking about your question. Maybe it could look like this.

1) Reflection of the past months. What was important?
2) Where am I now?
3) What needs to be released?
4) What is important in the upcoming months?
5) How can I turn my plans into reality?
So, here is my interpretation

..............1/1A.............

what was important (with 1A in a cross, this is the "star")
where am I now? (what is negative, what is positive)
what needs to be released (where it came from, present, and where its headed/advice)
what is important in the upcoming months? (spring, summer, autumn, winter)
how can i turn my plans into reality?
(where to start, what to avoid, what is not apparent, where to find help, sound advice)

I guess you could also add a stem to the tree, possibly an overall outcome for the year, or lessons to be learned card -- something like that.

Thanks Darla, for the great idea -- I hope you don't mind my revisions.

Viki
Top   #9

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.