Book of Law Study Group 1.19

Always Wondering

I know I am especially enamored with my cards lately, but this verse screams to me XX The Aeon. If the point of Hadit is at my Agna chakra, his wings my eyebrows, Nuit bended upon them; I get the feeling of wearing an esoteric crown, perhaps the crown chakra.
Also now my Aeon card is looking highly erotic. :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
If the point of Hadit is at my Agna chakra, his wings my eyebrows, Nuit bended upon them
If Hadit is equated with Kundalini then his normal resting place is the Root/ Muladhara chakra located at the base of the spine, where kundalini is said to lay sleeping in 3 and half coils.

Only after it is correctly "aroused" does it travel up the spine and stand "erect".

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
Only after it is correctly "aroused" does it travel up the spine and stand "erect".

And when it reaches the crown it is penetrating the Sahasrara/Crown chakra, which looks suspicously like Nuit, the Azure lidded woman. Nice :thumbsup:

Aiwass said:
Above, the gemmèd azure is
The naked splendour of Nuit;
She bends in ecstasy to kiss
The secret ardours of Hadit.
The wingèd globe, the starry blue,
Are mine, O Ankh-af-na-khonsu!

Aeon418

Whenever I read verses 18 and 19 I instantly think back to verses 8 and 9. It's almost as if it's describing the same thing, but on a lower arc.

Does anyone else think that, taken together, 18 and 19 read like a benediction? They do to me.

The rising male of verse 18 is complemented by the descending female of verse 19. The union is another form of the hexagram, the Solar child.

O azure-lidded woman
There's something about the wording here that bothers me. It's almost as if I intuitivly know there is a hidden meaning, but I just can't see it.
The initial 'O' in the manuscript is strange. It looks like a 6.
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0031.html?num=3

The initials of "azure-lidded woman" are an anagram of LAW. But I don't see that meaning much in this context, apart from Love is the Law. But even so...

bend upon them!
Bend - BHND - 61 - Ain - Nothing.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
Does anyone else think that, taken together, 18 and 19 read like a benediction? They do to me.

Yes I thought the same. though didn't connect them back to 8 & 9.

In a way I think I'm reading "but ye are not so chosen" as another description of "the fall", the seperation of our ability to identify with Nuit and Hadit. So we ask Hadit to burn our brows and Nuit to bend upon us, so we are no longer seperated by our "fall".

Aeon418

I note that 18 & 19 refer to "their" and "them". The divided Lovers in their many and varied forms?

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
I note that 18 & 19 refer to "their" and "them". The divided Lovers in their many and varied forms?

Or "they" being the Beast and the Scarlet Woman from 15. Or perhaps the children they gather into the fold? 16 & 17 are singular, and 18 & 19 return to plural.

Aeon418

similia said:
Or "they" being the Beast and the Scarlet Woman from 15. Or perhaps the children they gather into the fold?
All good possibilities. :)