Psychological/Unconsciousness Spread

lucid_dawn

I also use the tarot for tapping into my psyche and unconscious. Spreads are one of the best ways to do this because you have your central question and then each card in the spread has it's own position which is another mini question.

As mentioned above it's like having a psychiatrist asking you the deeper questions.

Even the future positions can be approached this way because it's asking you to interpret what you think that card means in that position and gives you insight into what you think may end up happening.

There are tons of spreads though that stick with the present tense that you can use.

A great book of spreads to delve into the psychological aspects is
Jeanne Fiorini's "Tarot Spreads and Layouts A User's Manual For Beginning and Intermediate Readers." She offers additional questions you may want to ask about each position which will help you really explore the depths of yourself.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

uraszz

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for specific kind of spreads and if it's not, I apologize in advance. Please let me know, thanks! :) I just bought my first deck, a Rider Waite Miniature Edition. It's small, but perfect for carrying it everywhere with me. I'm looking for information and spreads on the psychological/self analysis and tapping into the unconsciousness using the cards. I'm not really looking for divination or prediction of the future, but rather, I want to make better decisions about life and to see how I think. I would appreciate any information. Thank you!

Here you go

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=243656

Nemia

Arthur Rosengarten's book Tarot and Psychology might interest you. He's a psychologist who uses tarot in his practice. It's some time ago since I read it but I found it very insightful.

Tamipie1

Hi DeafBird

There are a lot of good answers to your question...this is a great place to ask.
Answers can be found right here, right now. There is a spread in this very forum, called "Balancing your life: a 2 card spread" start with that. It gave me an alarmingly specific answer. BUT I know my cards, and I put intention into every shuffle. It takes a little practice to get to know your cards, and that is the trick. Do you YouTube? If you like the tube, Kelly Anne Maddox does a 6 card spread called Deep Wild True...that's a beefy one, it is very telling, and can keep you interested for a while. I understand you are looking inside yourself, and that is definitely what many of us are doing with the cards. Go easy, it can be quite a journey, enjoy.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for specific kind of spreads and if it's not, I apologize in advance. Please let me know, thanks! :) I just bought my first deck, a Rider Waite Miniature Edition. It's small, but perfect for carrying it everywhere with me. I'm looking for information and spreads on the psychological/self analysis and tapping into the unconsciousness using the cards. I'm not really looking for divination or prediction of the future, but rather, I want to make better decisions about life and to see how I think. I would appreciate any information. Thank you!