Knight of Cups transitioned to 2 of Cups

Miradeck

In a particular reading done 1.5 months back querying on X's feelings for Y, I got the Knight of Cups. In the present moment, another similar spread is laid and the feelings X has for Y is now 2 of Cups. I understand the KnC to usually mean there is good feeling about the other person and potentially romantic, but when it goes to 2 of Cups, does that mean the feelings have changed to be non romantic and less intense? How should I interpret this transition?

Any comments or experience sharing will be greatly appreciated!

DDwarks

Thats a tricky one not knowing the rest of the spread or the current situation.

The 2 of Cups talks about connection but not necessarily romantic. Friendship falls under the 2 of Cups too.

The Knight of Cups is the lover coming to sweep you off your feet and depending what has actually happened between X and Y since your first reading, X may feel Y is their soulmate or X sees Y as a very good friend.

There's intimacy and total trust in the 2 of Cups.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Please don't discuss the whole spread

Greetings Miradeck,
Just a quick reminder. Often when posters get remarks such as this:
Thats a tricky one not knowing the rest of the spread
...they go ahead and post the rest of the spread. But, as you may know, in UTC you can't do that. All Full Spreads have to be in Your Readings. So, if you feel the urge to post the full spread (of either or both readings) for DDwarks, post it in Your Readings and offer a link to that post here.

You can, of course, discuss the situation at length if you'd like. Just not the rest of the spread.

Apologies of you're well aware of this, but we UTC mods have found that it's always best to remind everyone of the "no full readings" rule when we see such comments.

DDwarks

Ah yes Thirteen, my apologies for not expressing myself more clearly :)
What I meant to say was that depending on the other cards in his spread, the 2 Cups could mean A or B.

NOT that I needed to see the whole reading:)

headincloud

Knight of C is the card of of the lover and romance and the 2C is a sound relationship in this case romantic with the knight in the background, I see it as solid progression.

IndigoWaves

[...] depending what has actually happened between X and Y since your first reading, X may feel Y is their soulmate or X sees Y as a very good friend.
^ This. :thumbsup:

Always give weight to whatever's been actively happening, or not happening, between the people involved in a reading -- especially if the sitter and/or reader's feelings could sway an interpretation. (If such data isn't revealed by the querent, do at least point this out so that they might recognize the most applicable view.) A potentially wishful-thinking, feel-good fluff session can instead be made useful when current real-world interaction/context is considered... And the 2C, like Lovers, is one of a number of cards often blown out of proportion or misread, relationship-wise.

Miradeck

The 2 of Cups talks about connection but not necessarily romantic. Friendship falls under the 2 of Cups too.

The Knight of Cups is the lover coming to sweep you off your feet and depending what has actually happened between X and Y since your first reading, X may feel Y is their soulmate or X sees Y as a very good friend.

There's intimacy and total trust in the 2 of Cups.

Thanks DDwarks - I don't think very much has happened and that was probably deliberate given X needed time to herself (I have an older reading on this). Hence I'm trying to understand the shift in cards, if it could tell me what type of feelings have transpired.

This is the complete spread and my interpretations. If you could take a look and share your comments, it would be most appreciated! :)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orum.net/showthread.php?t=274118&share_type=t

Miradeck

Apologies of you're well aware of this, but we UTC mods have found that it's always best to remind everyone of the "no full readings" rule when we see such comments.

Hello Thirteen - thanks for the gentle reminder, I'm well aware of the rules :)

Miradeck

Knight of C is the card of of the lover and romance and the 2C is a sound relationship in this case romantic with the knight in the background, I see it as solid progression.

Thanks headincloud - nothing much as progressed in terms of interaction between X & Y hence I'm wondering if X has sorted out her emotions and decided to make a move to express herself more. Hence I'm cautious about making an assumption 2 of Cups relates to romantic emotions.

My full spread is here and I would love to hear your comments if you have time to check it. Thanks!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...orum.net/showthread.php?t=274118&share_type=t

EmceeDirector

I totally agree with this. For me the Knight represented X's intentions and feelings a month and a half ago. The fact that it has turned into the 2 of Cups says to me that Y is meeting him on equal level and returning the feelings that X has.