Queen of Wands

firecatpickles

The Queen of Wands sits on her throne beneath a pair of dancing lions, with a sunflower in one hand and a rod in the other. The throneitself is ensconced in lions as well. There are pyramids to her right and a mountain to her left. There is a black cat (previously discussed here, which is none too friendly looking.)

The lions are obviously indicative of strength, as is the baton she looks as if she were about to flail at some unsuspecting passerby. The cat is also a symbol of the home, and of a witch's familiar. What about the sunflower?

Shower

A sunflower is of course named after the sun, I believe it follows the suns path with it's face. I myself think that the sunflower is representative of This Queens male side, her animus. I see her posture as not only indicitive of her sexual nature, but her more masculine, tomboy self. I also see the sunflower representing her extroverted personality. The sunflower, her head and the one red shoe exposed are facing one direction while her wand, black cat, and hidden shoe are on the other side or direction. This could be showing her outward, extroverted self and her intuitive, psychic or more inward self. To me she contains and uses both.

What's got me baffled is the, lets call it brooch holding her cape at her chest, looks to me like a fox. Others have said, no they think is't a lion, but It looks exactly like a fox to me. The lions on her throne on the other hand look as if they are costumes and within the mouth of the lion those are people or children underneath them.

Sulis

When I see that sunflower it always makes me think that this is a lady who sets her sights on a goal and gets there, no matter what. She's ambitious and also someone who does what she sets out to do.
She's sitting there in that barren desert - it looks as if there is no water for miles, yet she's managed to get that sunflower to grow and bloom :) against all the odds.

Sulis

When I see the cat it makes me think of magic and witches familiars.
It reminds me that this lady is probably quite intuitive.

Cats are also very independent which would link them to this queen, who's an independent type too.

Dwaas

Shower said:
What's got me baffled is the, lets call it brooch holding her cape at her chest, looks to me like a fox. Others have said, no they think is't a lion, but It looks exactly like a fox to me.

Another one here for the fox. :)

Susi

king then page then queen of wands!

Sulis said:
When I see that sunflower it always makes me think that this is a lady who sets her sights on a goal and gets there, no matter what. She's ambitious and also someone who does what she sets out to do. She's sitting there in that barren desert, it looks as if there is no water for miles, yet she's managed to get that sunflower to grow and bloom against all odds.
this is a point which impresses me a lot on this card. it is the third card-of-the-day which i have ever taken, i had king of wands and page of wands the 2 previous days which really makes me think about the action which a should take in general.

Stormwitch

Ahh the Queen of Wands....fiery, determined, ambitious. Likes to be successful in her endeavours, quite fond of money and she can have a very magnetic personality and be very social and friendly. Reversed of course she can be quite selfish and rather vain and sometimes a little too wrapped up in her own world which can make her inconsiderate. The sunflower indicates a sunny nature yet the wand balances that with a determination to stand firm in her own beliefs. The lions either side of her means she can at times be very guarded at expressing an opinion particularly if she thinks the answer won't serve any good purpose. The cat in front indicates thats that she sometimes can be manipulative and have a hidden agenda.

cdabs

Queen Of Wands

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here...(please forgive if I'm reiterating some points already made)

I believe there is an overwhelming number of LEFT indicators on The Queen Of Wands; by that I mean...things that draw our attention to the LEFT side of this Queen. She is looking to her left; the lion on her left is looking upward (at the sunflower in her left hand?) as opposed to the lion on the right which is looking backward (to the past? to the pyramids?); there is more of this Queens gray cloak showing on her left side than on her right; the black cat's tail is pointing to the Queen's left (shoe? to the sunflower?) and possibly, there are two leaves on the left of the sunflower in the Queen's left hand; one leaf on the right of the sunflower.

Also, did anyone notice that the background color on the Queen's left is gray...as opposed to the pyramids on her right which are yellow?

I drew this card a couple of times today and had to "read-up" on it...and just downloaded a .jpeg of it from www.learntarot.com. Upon reviewing this card more closely, I noticed all of the aforementioned "left" indicators.

tarotlyn

Hmmm...Queen of Wands

I think this card is a Leo woman...fire for sure.
The cat would explain the Leo attributes [to me] ...lion...catlike...

I agree the sunflower has to do with the [firey] Sun in Leo

I think looking to the left might indicate that her mind is "roaming" and
watching...fire sign attiribute...active...

On my Rider-Waite deck [pretty old] it has two lions on the base of the seat
of her throne, one on either side and the left one is looking left, while the
right one is looking right. The cat is looking straight at you.

Being a fire sign, she is positive and gives positive advice.
Wands represent business, social, and ideas. So she has some pretty good
business ideas. Being a leo, she likes being in the limelight...to the max!

She is regal and wants the attention...but more in an ambitious way.
She does have a big ego, just like the masculine lion, that "knows" he is king.
Here is something: From a kitty to a roaring lion! She has dominon over the
cats. She is fun to be around.

Reversed:
A selfish, demanding, egotistical, dominant woman [or could be a leo man
that is good or evil]
She can be angry, jealous of others, and resentful. Very hurtful and gossips.
:TQW

cdabs

Queen Of Wands...cont'd.

I thought I should add some more "stuff"/observations since I posted before about this queen. Please pardon the apparent overkill, but...I'm seeing lots of stuff in this card..and want to mention it...see what others think...

I just noticed last night that under her left arm...there is an orange or red something there. Could this be at what the lion on her left seems to be staring? I'm not sure what this red/orange thing is, but it kinda matches the red collar (I THINK it's a collar) on the cat. I used to think the cat's mouth was open...and quite frankly, to me, it looked like it was laughing or smiling, then I started to wonder if its mouth was closed and that red thing was a collar. The Universal and Radiant RWS decks do not show a "red-thing" on the cat and its mouth is closed.

The lion on the Queen's throne, to her left, looks like it is frightened somewhat...and its mouth is open. The lion on the Queen's right looks not so bothered by anything...and is somewhat calm in its gaze (mouth open as well).

Because both lions (or are they tigers?) have their mouths open...makes me wonder if the black cat's mouth is open. The reason I say "tigers" is that pendant on her neck is orange...and seems somewhat tiger-like, so...I wondered if these might be tigers (on throne) instead of lions.

Anyway...it looks like the black cat's tail (as I mentioned in the previous post) is pointing upward to its left...and if you look closely, the end of the cat's tail looks like an arrow. Is it pointing to the Queen's left, red shoe sticking out?

And her left hand seems to ODDLY hold the sunflower stem...like her thumb and forefinger forms a little "heart" shaped ring (very pincher-grip looking). It almost seems to be an unnatural way to grasp something unless you're purposely doing it. Her grip on the sunflower stem has always bothered me...in the sense that it seems so unnatural and purposely-done.

Other heart-shaped things in the picture are the leaves on the sunflower in her left hand (especially the green leaf in line with the stem)....AND, I believe the way her gown/dress flows....from the knees down....seems to form a vague heart-shape.

Thoughts?

Just so you know...I have a magnifying glass within reach whenever I use my cards. As some tarot readers have said...they sometimes see things they did not see before; I feel the same way.