Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Pam O

There are these from Oregon Lamination. I found them on Amazon US, but they are less expensive from the company (and it looks like they do flat rate shipping, don't quote me though, as I barely looked into that). ETA I lied, they seem to be the same price on Amazon (link)

OK, here's another (recommended by BSwett in another thread) Sun-Star Kadomaru Pro Corner Cutter - definitely more in my price range, and does 3mm as well as 5 and 8.

I found some cheaper ones, but so many of them don't even say what their radius is! And some have bad reviews.l
The one recommended by BSwett feels better, especially with that recommendation. It is not too expensive too. You could do test corners on the bottom of the card if you ore planning to trim off the bottom to practice and make sure it works well.

Anyone else food a 3mm they would recommend?

I looked at a 1 star review and this is what they bought instead & had luck with:
http://www.amazon.com/We-Memory-Keepers-Crop-A-Dile-Chomper/dp/B0024M5GH4/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Laura Borealis

I read bad reviews of the Crop-o-dile, on a different listing. People's experience really seems to vary!

I'm going to go with the Sun-Star one, I think.

The Oregon Lamination ones were the first I found. I do think they look like really good quality. Metal instead of plastic, etc. Though they also seem like overkill for what we use them for (they'll punch through much thicker things, from what I can tell).

FLizarraga

The one recommended by BSwett feels better, especially with that recommendation. It is not too expensive too. You could do test corners on the bottom of the card if you ore planning to trim off the bottom to practice and make sure it works well.

Anyone else food a 3mm they would recommend?

I looked at a 1 star review and this is what they bought instead & had luck with:
http://www.amazon.com/We-Memory-Keepers-Crop-A-Dile-Chomper/dp/B0024M5GH4/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Oh gosh --I FORGOT! I got that one! Alzheimer is setting in!!!!!!! :bugeyed:

I just haven't used it in a while. It came set for Medium, though (5mm), and I can't find any instructions for changing the setting... *scratching head*

ETA. Oh, never mind... I just figured it out... again... :(

Le Fanu

My de-cornered Soprafino.

Because delizt wanted to see it and I didn't want to derail another thread.

Attachments

• P4111675.JPG
    P4111675.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 489

AJ

I'm on my phone and its difficult going through the pages... since the main post hasn't been updated could anybody tell me if there are pictures of any Il Meneghello decks with rounded corners? I can't decide if I want to try it or not! Thank you :)

there aren't any

Pam O

My de-cornered Soprafino.

Because delizt wanted to see it and I didn't want to derail another thread.

right on!!
I am tempted to corner my Soprifino every time I see it, but I have been chicken since it is so HTF these days... I might go for it.... Knowing you, you probably have another on untrimmed don't you??

FLizarraga

Kat Black's Golden

I thought I would post pics of my de-bordered, de-titled Golden:

Attachments

• Golden Trimmed 3.jpg
    Golden Trimmed 3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 451
  • Golden Trimmed 2.jpg
    Golden Trimmed 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Golden Trimmed 1.jpg
    Golden Trimmed 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 419

MarkMcElroy

Now I'm Going to Trim Mine, Too!

Created by Mark McElroy, illustrated by Anna Lazzarini
Lo Scarabeo 2007

I like how these look! I may trim my own, including chopping off everything but Anna's artwork. No titles, no borders, no nothing! Hmmmm.

Nemia

I love them much more now than i did before. They fit snugly into a nice tin that I'm just now decorating for it... then I can carry it around everywhere. Slim, bright and very intelligent deck. Pictures added :)

I used a tin box from a present. I painted the etiquette in moss-silver-green acrylic colour and cut from the cardboard box the three cups. I emphasized the three girls and the three flowers with a bit of diamond glaze glue.

I also cut the High Priestess and the Chariot from the box - I'll have to think what to do with them.

Btw, I love this card - the grapes are under their feet, the wine will find its way into their bellies and the spirit of the wine will go to their heads. Lovely idea.

The cards look really nice in this tin, and I'll put it into my bag. Trimming them really liberated them.

Attachments

• P5100004 (800x600).jpg
    P5100004 (800x600).jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 415
  • P5100005 (800x600).jpg
    P5100005 (800x600).jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 173
  • P5100006 (800x600).jpg
    P5100006 (800x600).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 379