Do cards lie

galina-t

May be it will sound silly for some "why would you do tarot if you don't trust them?" or "they don't lie - you just don't interpret it correctly".

I am beginner so I am just curious. Do they ever lie? And how to find out if they do?

Do they start lying if you are asking the same question over?

Can they sometime lie in certain situation to make you feel better if you are depressed or desperate?

Or can they tell you not truth in order to change your feelings or point of view toward something or someone?

It there a way to find out the real deal?

Thank you

LittleOne

I seek a second opinion. More often than not the second opinion corroborates and further enhances the original interpretation. I don't think I have a very well developed intuition and I'm working on it - so to seek a second opinion from someone who does is very helpful to me.

I don't think they lie - when they don't accurately reflect reality it has usually been when I have not really put the time into putting energy into the reading and it ends up as vague as my effort.

I don't think lie to make you change your mind or to make you feel better. I think of them like a mirror, no matter how sh*t you feel, or how much you want something to change, if you look in a mirror and you haven't done anything to change how you look or feel it's going to show you exactly as you are.

seedcake

They lie if you lie yourself. If you keep asking the same questions it means you don't like answer so you're looking "the right one" for your own imagined picture.

nisaba

If you ask an unanswerable question like "What does he love about me" when he loves absolutely nothing about you - then you'll get confused readings, cards that just refuse to fall together and make a story.

I wouldn't really call it lying - more you lying to yourself.

Lilianne

Truly accomplished readers probably wouldn't entertain the question but for new readers (like myself) every spread involves some interpretation, perhaps a wide range of interpretation and it's (obviously, to me) easy to get deluded. It isn't the cards - they are as they are - it's me.

dancing_moon

In my experience, cards never lie. Sometimes the reader might refuse to see the truth and might label the reading 'a lie', but it's the reader.

My cards have never lied to me. When I used to ask the same question again and again, my cards would normally just start giving me messages basically saying, 'Why don't you move on already, huh?'. But they never did lie. :) And they never try to make me feel better or influence my point of view by twisting the truth either, that's for sure. Maybe, that's because, for me, knowing the truth is the best cure for both depression and inadequate points of view/feelings.

Holly doll

The cards never lie - it's always the reader lying to themselves... If you do more than one draw on the same subject e.g."When is he coming back to me?", the cards will answer it as they see it the first time, then after that tell you to get on with life. However, the reader may see it differently - perhaps not liking what the cards are saying & changing it to suit themselves. A darling lady I swapped a reading with was insistent the cards kept telling her her married lover would leave his partner for her & pressured other readers for the same answer. She told them the previous reader agreed with her, so if the reader didn't agree then weren't very good. When she came to me she tried the same thing - it didn't work... there was no way he was going to leave his wife & family to be with her - the cards were clear & explicit on that subject. He wanted his cake, he wanted to eat it too, & make dessert out of the leftovers! I never saw her again... ;)

No, the cards won't soften a harsh truth to make you feel better, what they will do is show you the best path through it :)

ana luisa

Agreed with all the previous posts but there are times when the cards do reflect your feelings about the subject. Especially if it's something that matters a lot to you. So, in that sense, they're not really lying, they're just mirroring your hopes or fears. Which does not necessarily reflect the truth.

Pixna

My own view is that the cards reflect the current energy of the people (and their situations) in their midst. If a question is muddled, the response of the cards will be muddled. If a reader doesn't understand the meaning of the cards that appear, the reading won't be clear. I don't believe the cards have the capacity to "lie." However, truth can be interpreted many ways depending on who's interpreting it. In addition, truth is fluid, so what is true at this moment may not be in the next.

Haley

Agreed with all the previous posts but there are times when the cards do reflect your feelings about the subject. Especially if it's something that matters a lot to you. So, in that sense, they're not really lying, they're just mirroring your hopes or fears. Which does not necessarily reflect the truth.

I've experienced this too. I'm glad someone else mentioned it as a possibility.