Do cards lie

galina-t

Out of curiosity - what cards would indicate that smbd is toying around with you?

jolie_amethyst

I am very sorry to hear about your husband. I really hope he will get better. I wish you and you husband all the luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it, and I hope your own situation resolves in the way that's best for you! :)

I decided to learn tarot - to be able to see the answers during the hard times. You would want the clear and accurate readings exactly at such times- times when you emotionally involved but it comes out that when you need answers the most - you should look for smbd's else assistance :(

I *think*--those more experienced may disagree, but this is what I've gleaned so far in my studies--that this particular problem is probably much more common when first starting out. It's like being a beginner at anything, really, like a baby learning to walk who will someday grow up to run a marathon. There are times or situations when your lack of experience limits what you can do right now, but with lots of practice, you will eventually be capable of a great deal more!

For now, I'm trying to master my new skills on small problems and questions, knowing that if I do this, I will eventually be able to read the cards for much bigger or more important things, though there may always be some areas where another person's help is needed. At least, that's the way I try to look at it when I get a bit frustrated with my progress (or lack of it.)

Good luck!

LittleOne

I decided to learn tarot - to be able to see the answers during the hard times. You would want the clear and accurate readings exactly at such times- times when you emotionally involved but it comes out that when you need answers the most - you should look for smbd's else assistance :(

I think, as a learner, there is no problem with seeking the assistance of others who are more experienced. This is not exclusive to tarot. In every facet of my life I have had the preferred the help of a mentor, tutor, teacher, guidance counsellor, friend, etc. At work, at school, learning piano, learning tarot, getting through tough times, etc. Practice makes perfect to be sure but most accomplished people either had good mentors, went through a lot of trial and error or are prodigious and rare.

danieljuk

as I learnt more about tarot, I think I trusted the cards more. This is really important. Not necessarily doing a spread and waiting for the prediction to come true because it might come true or it might not. But when you do the spread or for other people you have to believe the message that comes up. That is what is showing is the answer. There is a faith element to it. I did a circle once on here and the person said the reading didn't fit them at all but I felt I had interpreted exactly what came up! I couldn't have done that differently. Later on they contacted me and said I was right but they couldn't accept it at the time ;)

I don't believe they lie, but I have noticed for me personally if I use yes / no ending questions or I pick many one cards for the same issue in my life, I can't trust them! I think they deliberately show up random answers and become unreliable. I have to take them seriously and ask questions when they can give a good answer on. Don't read on the same thing more than once a month minimum.

If you are worried about the answers you are getting, why not post the spread in your readings here? there is careful rules to follow posting but other people give you their own interpretation! a second opinion is always good :)

I don't believe my cards deliberately lied to me. I had a very bad depression spell and did readings about if anything good was coming up. it was really for optimism and to make me feel better and they never lied then! eventually they started saying things would improve and they did.

seedcake

I *think*--those more experienced may disagree, but this is what I've gleaned so far in my studies--that this particular problem is probably much more common when first starting out. It's like being a beginner at anything, really, like a baby learning to walk who will someday grow up to run a marathon. There are times or situations when your lack of experience limits what you can do right now, but with lots of practice, you will eventually be capable of a great deal more!

Good luck!

In this case tutor is useful not for knowledge in particular. I see such assisstance as more emotional, someone to hold your hand when you find out that something is wrong etc. If you have issues with facing your own "dark side", it's good to have someone near to talk about it. Unfortunately, I've never had such chance, I even had friend who was very far from giving me any comfort while reading Tarot. I was on my own so I taught myself to work out things on my own - not much of a choice when now I think about it. But well, experience taught me to rely on myself what is really good 'cause I can easily start to believe the tutor instead of listening to my heart.

dancing_moon

how do you determine if it is indeed an answer or just mirroring?

Your intuition usually tells you. You can also pull one additional card asking 'what exactly do these cards show - the reality or my hopes/fears?'.

Not necessarily. Personally, I always read on my most burning questions myself. However, it's important to keep the distance from the cards and try to read them as if you were reading for someone else, not just try and tie the cards in with what you know about your life and expectations. Like you wrote here:

On the personal experience I have been asking " how my relationships with X will develop?" when in the real life I am looking for the reason to leave the person there is no feeling left from my side but splits are hard and you never know what is out there and if it will be the best decision.
The cards showing me The Lovers and 4 of wands and 10 of cups in different spreads. I just don't see this kind of scenario happening.

What if your relationship does have the potential to develop into 10 of Cups or 4 of Wands? It's very important to trust the cards even if you think what they're saying is impossible - after all, that's exactly what you want to use the cards for:
to be able to see the answers during the hard times.
when your own judgment is limited and clouded, and thus could be 'wrong'.

Hope this helps. :)

galina-t

Thank you for all of your advices. There is till a lot to learn ;)

Mystic Zyl

Well here is a short answer. They lie if you lie....cards are energy.....or if a client is not asking a truthful question...how are the cards suppose to answer?

poppiesrossi

I don't think the cards lie. I do believe that a reader may become confused by the message or misinterpret it more so than the cards not telling the truth.

I find some decks are easier to find the answers while others are more convoluted. Each deck speaks to me differently.

Also questioning is so important for me. The more on point the question, better the answer.