Better accuracy from draw method advice

canid

Doesn't really matter. Consistency matters, I believe. I personally shuffle over, under, over over over over over (clear as mud?). Five times. But that's just me; perhaps an OCD thing, ya think? Like I said, I think however you do it is right for you, just be consistent about it. Even THAT may not matter. There's no right or wrong way, no better or more accurate way, which it seems like you're looking for. You could throw the cards up in the air and read them as they land if it works for you. Do it YOUR way! (Hey, they should write a song...)

swtdr34m3r

Doesn't really matter. Consistency matters, I believe. I personally shuffle over, under, over over over over over (clear as mud?). Five times. But that's just me; perhaps an OCD thing, ya think? Like I said, I think however you do it is right for you, just be consistent about it. Even THAT may not matter. There's no right or wrong way, no better or more accurate way, which it seems like you're looking for. You could throw the cards up in the air and read them as they land if it works for you. Do it YOUR way! (Hey, they should write a song...)

i dont know why, but this post made me smile! thanks i really needed it, its been rough for me lately.

As for the draw method, I guess ive just been starting to doubt myself in readings (atleast when reading for myself) because i have consistently pulled pretty positive spreads( up until i started doubting my own abilities) about a situation that is starting to feel pretty hopeless.

I guess my way just hasnt felt...correct for me lately even though ive used it for as long as i have done tarot. I guess these dreams and feelings ive been getting lately have been getting stronger and it has been affecting my confidence to read for myself and by extension has me doubting even my drawing and shuffling.

Grayce

I usually shuffle like a deck of playing cards (with the bridge to correct for bending), and then I hold the deck with one hand as I tease cards out with the other. I wasn't very sure about this method until I had a reading in which the sitter asked the same question with both of my decks - the first, I shuffled and drew as described above. The second, I shuffled and fanned for her to choose. The second time, she drew two of the original three cards before getting the hint and stopping. This told me that it doesn't matter how I draw or even who draws; it doesn't matter. I think that if I switched to the draw-from-the-top method, my guides would be confused and it would take a while to be accurate again, but it would get there. The keys are faith and consistency. :)

swtdr34m3r

I usually shuffle like a deck of playing cards (with the bridge to correct for bending), and then I hold the deck with one hand as I tease cards out with the other. I wasn't very sure about this method until I had a reading in which the sitter asked the same question with both of my decks - the first, I shuffled and drew as described above. The second, I shuffled and fanned for her to choose. The second time, she drew two of the original three cards before getting the hint and stopping. This told me that it doesn't matter how I draw or even who draws; it doesn't matter. I think that if I switched to the draw-from-the-top method, my guides would be confused and it would take a while to be accurate again, but it would get there. The keys are faith and consistency. :)

thank you for the input! I guess since it was such a rough patch for me emotionally i began to doubt myself and my accuracy in my readings but due to some events that occured today it astounds me how accurate tarot really can be!

I guess i should stick to what feels comfortable for me, but i love hearing the different ways that people use so feel free to keep posting! The more i hear about the different methods the more amazed i am that we all can read for so many different people so accurately with practice!! it really does blow my mind xD

PAMUYA

I dont know about better accuracy, they way That I have aways done my readings, I mix (shuffle) the cards while we are working out a question, once the question has been sorted out I cut the cards into 3 piles, my client selects which pile I will draw from. I draw from the top of the pile. It has worked for me, my mother had a different method and that worked for her. You must find what works best for you.

swtdr34m3r

I dont know about better accuracy, they way That I have aways done my readings, I mix (shuffle) the cards while we are working out a question, once the question has been sorted out I cut the cards into 3 piles, my client selects which pile I will draw from. I draw from the top of the pile. It has worked for me, my mother had a different method and that worked for her. You must find what works best for you.

Well i have found what works best for me with some promising results(for now) I may find something that works even better down the road which is why i guess im still keeping this thread alive.

Your method sounds interesting, but i love how the cards still speak their messages to us no matter how varied the method.

Another thought on the subject, would experimenting with different draw methods affect the level of accuracy? LIke what if i desire to seek something that might fit me better, would I be risking losing accuracy by switching methods or is it somethign that after a few tries the energy will start guiding the cards again?