Little Red Riding Hood's...

DaisyDragonfly

... achieving a goal spread. Yes, you can tell I've just got the new Lisa Hunt deck, can't you? But this spread would work with any deck.

It's an 8-card spread to use when you want to achieve a specific goal. Cards 1 and 8 can either be chosen from the cards, or picked unseen like the rest of them. I've used the spread on myself, and the card positions are the ones that made sense to me... feel free to experiment!

Little Red Riding Hood

1*****4 * 6
**3******** 8
2*****5 * 7

1 & 2: You/Significator.
1. Little Red Riding Hood: you, at this moment.
2. Basket: what you carry with you into this project. Could be your motivations/intentions, could also refer to any gifts/talents that will be useful during this project. Could also be your immediate past experience.

3: The Woods.
The environment your actions/choices will take place in.

4 & 5: What hinders you.
4. Wolf: outside forces that can block you
5. Grandmother: aspects of yourself that can hinder you/that need to be sacrificed if you're to make progress. (Bit grim, that one, I understand! But fairy tales are a dark landscape to work with...)

6 & 7: What helps you.
6. Woodsman: a person/quality that you have that can help you achieve your goal.
7. Mother: advice from the cards.

8:The outcome.
8. Grandmother's Cottage. Like the first card, this can either be chosen or picked at random.

I've just used the spread myself with a very specific outcome in mind and it came out perfectly: the advice was spot-on and referred back to the hindrances. I picked cards 1 & 8 at random, and it worked really well but I can see it working equally well any other way. This is the first spread I've ever created so I'm keen to learn from it!

:D

I also came up with two Little Red Riding Hood 3-card spreads:

1**2**3
1. Little Red Riding Hood: Your task for the day.
2. Mother: What will help you.
3. Wolf: What will try and stop you.

and

2***3
**1**
1. Little Red Riding Hood: what needs to be learned.
2. Mother: what you know right now.
3. Grandmother: experience/wisdom/resources to draw on.

This last one is a good snapshot to take before starting a new project.

Enjoy! Let me know if you use any of these and how they work out for you/ any changes you make.

DragonFae

Nice....I'll give it a go this week and let you know....Can I asked a question?

I understand card 1 being picked.....Little Red represents you. But what about card 8 outcome? Do you pick the outcome you wish? I'm a little unclear on that one.

DaisyDragonfly

I think you can do it either way. If you have a clear outcome you want to achieve, you could pick the card you think represents it and put that into the 8th position. Or you could just shuffle, cut and lay out the cards to see what falls into the 8th position. It's up to you, really. When I did it, I did the latter and the outcome card that fell was apt.

Also, having thought about it, positions 4 and 5 could also be:

4. The Wolf: unexpected events/people that hinder you;
5. Grandmother: expected blocks.

They would work, too. Have a go and see what you think!