The Antique Lenormand

Bernice

You are going to omit the playing card associations?

Correct. The artwork is similar to the (unknown french) deck that inspired me - no playing card insertions.

Bee

tarot heart

Flowers/Bouquet and the Heart.

Bee :)

I like your first heart the bestest! :). Oh, and I didn't like the textured card at first, but now, looking back on it, I think it's perfect! Did you ever say if you intend to have these printed?

Bernice

Hi tarot heart :)

Yes... I'll have a re-look at the heart card. Doing The Coffin right now.

About having them printed, I've no idea how to go about this. I expect I'll end up printing them out on cardstock and laminating them. Makes the cards a wee bit thick (I already have a home-made pagan deck), but they handle & shuffle O.K. plus they're waterproof.

Bee x

Tag_jorrit

Your cards are so elegant, especially compared to some of the new decks that are so cluttered. I love that your artwork is original rather than cobbled together photoshop collages.

If you visit the Tarot Deck Creation forum you can find a couple of people who have had their decks professionally printed. I think they have taken orders, then based on the that have decided on the number of decks to print. I know that Starlightexp has just finished having his latest deck printed, Dia de los Muertos Lenormand, and he also created a delightful Pixie's Astounding Lenormand that he Photoshopped using all Pamela Smith's art. And also tarotmama who created Melissa's Lenormand and the Postmark.

I suspect they may be able to offer some suggestions. :D

Oh, and you can sign me up for a couple. :D

Bernice

Hi Tag :)

My artwork isn't entirely original! I have tried to use images from the unknown French deck where possible - I'd love to use that Pope but currently he's defying all my efforts to fit him in somewhere. And if you look closely at the Lady card, she has the face of Napoleans' Josphine! Too small to clearly discern really, but I know it's there, and so do you now :)

Ah! yes. I've had a look at that card place, but don't have any decks by Starlightexp to judge the cardstock & colouring etc. I really wanted the Pixie Lenormand, but in the end I didn't get it. However I'll have re-think about having them print it.

Bee x

Tag_jorrit

Hi Tag :)

but don't have any decks by Starlightexp to judge the cardstock & colouring etc. I really wanted the Pixie Lenormand, but in the end I didn't get it.
Bee x

I suspect he has some Pixie decks left because they are only 20 bucks on his website here.

Not being a connoisseur of cardstock, I have both of his decks and I find the cardstock very nice.

Bernice

I'll find out how much postage is, I'm in England.

Re-done the Heart card (24).

Bee

Attachments

• Heart.jpg
    Heart.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 104

Moonbow

Bee that Heart is lovely, I much prefer this one over the second one you did, and for me its a choice between first and third, probably this one because I like the roses and the heart strings.

This is the loveliest new Lenormand around and I definitely want a deck when its published.

tarot heart

Bee that Heart is lovely, I much prefer this one over the second one you did, and for me its a choice between first and third, probably this one because I like the roses and the heart strings.

This is the loveliest new Lenormand around and I definitely want a deck when its published.

Ditto to Everything Moonbow said! Heart strings...perfect! Love, love thins card. Have you looked into finding a printer? Another person you could ask is Marcia McCord. She did the Dust Bunny Lenormand deck and the card size and card stock are very nice.

I want two of these when they are printed! :D

Did I mention this a damn fine job you're doing, Bee!