Astro~Twist Spread~ Tech Thread

Moongold

Melvis said:
Hi, all!

And welcome, newcomers to the Twist!

I want to apologize for being so absent lately...I work retail, so it's a bit chaotic at this time of year! Six days a week, 10+ hours a day, yada, yada, yada. I'm not complaining, mind you -- I actually enjoy it! :D But I get home at night and my brain is a bit fried, so the Twist is a bit much for me to handle right now!

After the holidays I plan to dig in, though! Until then I'll keep up as I can!

Happy Holidays!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Melvis!

I wondered where you were - Christmas spiriting after all. :)

Phoenix Rising

Hi Lunalafey

I'm just going with the card interpretation at this point, trying to incorporate my natal chart into this spread would just wrack my brain. Unless I had a daily planetary positions chart, not that I would understand it. Since my natal is fixed 35 years ago, I don't know how that would influence my year now!
Just doing aspects with the cards is easy enough, so I'm quite happy about that.

Lurea

This has already been a learning experience!
Of course, I was stuck on the 'things needed" section for about a week. LOL Much time spent reading to figure out my numbers and cards, and more time to get my natal chart.

So-my name is Jeanette. I have the personality and soul of the Chariot. My year card is the Star, changing to the Moon in September. My sun sign is in Virgo, and my Ascendant is Scorpio.

Cards I've drawn:

Sagittarius- Oppression (16-Tower)
Capricorn- Four of Cups
Aquarius- Moon (18-Diana)
Pisces- Queen of Cups
Aries- Seven of Staves
Taurus- Six of Cups
Gemini- Power (4-Emperor)
Cancer- Princess of Cups
Leo- Magic (1-Isis)
Virgo- Two of Staves
Libra- Ace of Cups
Scorpio- Three of Pentacles

So now I start from my rising sign (Scorpio) and assign house positions, correct? And put the interpretive thread in 'Your readings'.

I have a question. Putting in the major arcana correspondent for the sign and planet of each house, plus the card I drew would give me three cards in each house to interpret. How did Maria get four cards in each house?

Oh, and I must have missed Luna's posting on the expanded meanings of the 10th, 11th, and 12th houses. Can someone direct me?

maria42airam

Lurea_aure said:
I have a question. Putting in the major arcana correspondent for the sign and planet of each house, plus the card I drew would give me three cards in each house to interpret. How did Maria get four cards in each house?

I added the Major Arcana card for the planet that I had in that sign.

For example, in the first house:

1st House – Leo {Uranus/The Fool, Ascendant} – Strength / 10 of Cups / Sun - The Sun

lunalafey

10-11-12

Lurea_aure said:
Oh, and I must have missed Luna's posting on the expanded meanings of the 10th, 11th, and 12th houses. Can someone direct me?

oops- {blushes} ya' can't find 'em, cuz they arn't here....

well then, here we go.

10th house; Career & proffession, your public standing, ambitions & achievments.

11th house; Love recieved; friendships, groups & orginizations, social life. Hopes & wishes.

12th house; Subconscious, occult, strengths & weaknesess and restrictions.

lunalafey

Lurea_aure said:
So now I start from my rising sign (Scorpio) and assign house positions, correct? And put the interpretive thread in 'Your readings'.

yes- correct- start with rising sign, and post a thread if you want.
For the majors-

there is the sign of the house and the planet that rules that sign-
so that is two majors-
but if you have pulled a Major for the position, then you have it's counter part. Also, you can include a major that is associated to that planet...
so for example:
Capricorn- Four of Cups
Capricorn/Saturn = Devil/World;
now some will take the association of the houses 'natural' sign. this is your 3rd house right? so then you could also include (I personally don't)
Gemini/Mercury = Lovers/Magician

-here is where you have a major as your pulled card
so
Aquarius- Moon (18-Diana)
Aquarius/Uranus = Star/Fool
Moon rules Cancer; Major Chariot & Moon associates with the High Priestess.

lunalafey

Some questions for you all....

I was doing some work on the explination of this spread and how it is done.
I have mentioned 'shadow' cards in past post. These are the cards that don't come out in the throw, but the cards that represent the signs and ruling planets.
Then there are the other majors that show up outside of the throw. When one has a Major fall in a position, that one has a counterpart major.

My question is here- do these two types of "shadow" cards seem to represent the same force?
For example- the sign major, does this card speak of outside influences that shape the nature of this house? or is it more like a card that gives direction?
Does the major that is the counter part of a thrown card; is that card more of a re-enforcer of the thrown card? or does it reflect the past? or future? or advise?
How have you seen these cards take a roll? or have they?
Don't strain the brain too much; just let your thoughts ramble on if you have any.
I know I will have more questions like this- like you need more to think about with this spread....

maria42airam

lunalafey said:
My question is here- do these two types of "shadow" cards seem to represent the same force?
For example- the sign major, does this card speak of outside influences that shape the nature of this house? or is it more like a card that gives direction?
I see the major for the sign and the ruling planet of that sign as giving a general "look and feel" for that house. For example, Libra-Justice/Venus-Empress in the third house means that in my life I am striving for balance in my familiar and friendly relationships. The card I draw for that house gives more specific information for the next year.

Does the major that is the counter part of a thrown card; is that card more of a re-enforcer of the thrown card? or does it reflect the past? or future? or advise?
How have you seen these cards take a roll? or have they?

By this do you mean for example The Lovers being the counter-part card for the Six of Swords? If so, I haven't done that at all. If I did use it, I would see that card as giving a foundation so to speak for the card you drew. For example, the six of swords is about choosing to leave a negative situation. The Lovers is about choosing in general. I would still see it as divinatory for the coming year.

lunalafey

Hi Maria-
I went and looked at the cards you pulled and none of them where majors.
So you would not have that other major card.

Take for example starsongs throw, she has
12th Hs. Taurus...The High Priestess
First we have the Hierophant & Empress for the house sign & planet. These where the cards to my first Q.
Starsongs pulled the High Priestess, and her association is the Moon, so we look at the Moon, it rules Cancer & that major is the Chariot.

If the card pulled represented a sign and not a planet, say the card is the Devil, that associates to Capricorn and the card of it's rulling planet is the World (Saturn)

So would you say that these HOUSE cards are like "structure" cards?
I'm trying to give these cards I have been calling shadow cards a more specific title.

WhiteRaven

ok...so is it time to start this "Monthly" Twist?
And how do you do that exactly?
You have someone here that has no real clue as to what she is doing..you do realize this I hope...:laugh: