The Dark Self - spread.

Robin Fariel

Dear Elven,

I did a quick take on your spread just to get the feel of it and was impressed. Will do a more 'serious' one later... but with the same deck (Halloween :D )

Just wanted to say my spin on your spread is to place the cards in an Inverted Pentagram. Since we are dealing with Shadows that are manifested already.

What I mean is, the #1 & #3 goes on the bottom and the #2 on the top etc.

And the Seventh card, I would call the card of Reversal.

Addendum: I am thinking that perhaps the Inverted Pentacle as a spread might work best as a two-phase spread. Inverted done at night to get insight into ones Shadow and then do an Upright spread the next morning to find out more fully how that energy might end up manifesting in a positive way.

pascentia

I tried the extended version of your spread to find out the 'dark side' of myself only to realise that my dark side wasn't really some evil me lurking behind but rather the way i handled relationships and my emotions.

your spread was very insightful in a way that not only did it reveal my dark side, it pointed out a solution to the problem.

The key of release card (7) was The Tower. i think my deck is trying to tell me something because every reading i've done today ended with The Tower.

Whitney

Thank you, Elven! This was what I was looking for! I'm going to try it out as soon as possible.

Ocean Bliss

Great spread. I'll definately be trying this since my dark side never seems to be all that far away.

Kristyjnh

Very interesting spread

I only joined recently and I was searching around for personal growth/what to do next spreads and I found this one. I'm definitely filing it away and saving it - I would do it now, but I only have the Hanson-Roberts deck which is sort of the opposite of darkness. I'm actually holding out for Mythic Oracle: Wisdom of the Ancient Greek Pantheon deck because I've been wanting an Oracle deck and I lovelovelove Greek Mythology.

Anyway, I'll post again once I do it - could be a while - with my feedback. Thank you!

MaineGirl117

Hey There :)

Snagging this spread to use for the September '13 DDT exchange. Did suggest and alternative 4 card spread for those who like to do smaller spreads. You can find the posting here

headincloud

Hi, thanks for the share interesting spread works really well

madhatter00o

Thank you! I did this spread with some apprehension; I mean, it's not easy to face your inner darkness, is it? (BUT! Jim Morrison reminded me: " Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that you are free.")

Overall, I really enjoyed the spread. It felt very intuitive in the star-formation, which really captures the ups and downs of experiencing, recognising, and releasing negative energy. And, ultimately, the star goes around (and through) a circle, bringing you back to where you started, only you're changed from the journey (how appropriate!).

I'm not entirely certain the spread needs any more cards, as I found 6 to be enough. Perhaps that's simply because I prefer brevity.

Anyways, thank you again for the wonderful spread! I learned so much about myself from it, and I know that others will also be able to confront -- and resolve -- their own Darkness. :D

LauraT

Spread

I really like this-have never done a spread concentrating on this particular aspect of myself-thanks for sharing-can't wait to give it a go!