Ana Cortez (Playing Card Oracles) videos on Youtube

MareSaturni

Bernice said:
I love the geo-spread though :).

I love the use of geomancy too, and the standard 4 cards spread. In the beggining I found them hard to use, but nowadays I love them!

I don't have any problem with people adapting and changing after having read the book - I believe that all oracle creators expect you to make the oracle your own.
I think that I have adapted a few things too, but I didn't need to do that a lot because I find that Ana Cortez's method suits me nearly perfectly! :D

But that's me, of course!

MareSaturni

Moonbow* said:
Just because someone is very familiar with a deck doesn't mean that there isn't more to learn or consider from someone else, and by that I am also referring to my own interest in the Marseilles pips and their connection to the playing card decks.

I can learn from others. I can also disagree with them. My brain can handle both tasks.

Moonbow* said:
Any book that expresses positive and negative meanings for the cards is showing upright and reversed meanings. The orientation of the cards is moot.

Agree to disagree. Reversed and negative do not mean the same thing. Showing a worse or better aspect of a card does not make the meaning be reversed. "Small conflict" is a better version of "big conflict", but it's not the same as "harmony and happiness" (which would be the 'reversed" meaning of conflict).

I think that the playing card oracles use a method closer to elemental dignities than to "reversals". The cards are ether weaker or stronger, but they don't get an opposite meaning.

I agree however that this discussion will take us nowhere. So I take my leave now. This is a wonderful oracle, it's good to see it getting more fans. I wish I had a group of people like this when I started.

Moonbow

Marina, I see that you have edited your post 22 which I hope now reflects your views in a more balanced way.

Bee... I haven't got to the geo spread yet, perhaps I am still at the 'devouring' stage :D but I think I will like this deck mostly because of the way that Ana expresses herself. The art is not really to my taste although I adore the close relationship that she and her father obviously had.

JennyNY39

I agree with Bernice. The elemental meaning and a few other things are off for me. But I think it is hard to adopt new reading systems after being so used to reading cards a certain way! But I LOVE the deck and use it often, with the stytem I learned long ago :)

lark

Anna has 3 more new videos up about using intuition with the cards.

lark

Anna's just put up a reading about the oil spill.
Wonderful to see how she interprets and works with the cards.
I don't think she could have gotten more perfect cards for the situation than she did, and her cat card was the 5 of Hearts.
The King of Hearts flips out of the deck as she shuffles, she puts him back and he shows up in the spread.
I hope she does a lot more of these question spreads they are great learning tools.

Essjay

I've finally got the card and book set after years of looking them. I think it was the videos that finally swayed me, Ana reads so effortlessly with them. I think they'll need a great deal of exclusive use :)

The book is gorgeous too.

Moonbow

Me too Essjay, its her videos (plus a recommendation!) that made me explore the deck. I don't always see the same as Ana does in the cards but her close examination of them whilst she is doing a reading, and the way she connects the question to the cards is a joy to watch. I've watched them all now.