Ace/Pentacles as situation (Rider Waite)

hulpster

So I received Ace/Pentacles as representing the situation between myself and a guy. Other cards in the spread suggested some renewed feelings/interest.

However I wanted to understand what the Ace/Pentacles represents as the current situation between us - and why the Ace/Pentacles and not say Ace/Wands or Cups or Swords??

I guess I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pentacles and other Ace suits when dealing with love.

My take: the card is advising that an opportunity will present itself with this person - that things are not 'dead in the water' as they have been in the past couple of months.

I think the Pentacles has shown up instead of another Ace because it is telling me the opportunity to act or a change in direction in our relationship is still a little time away and I won't see or hear from him in the short term, but I may see some developments in say a month.

Am I on track with my interpretation? Are there other ideas on what this could mean?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farzon

So I received Ace/Pentacles as representing the situation between myself and a guy. Other cards in the spread suggested some renewed feelings/interest.

However I wanted to understand what the Ace/Pentacles represents as the current situation between us - and why the Ace/Pentacles and not say Ace/Wands or Cups or Swords??

I guess I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pentacles and other Ace suits when dealing with love.

My take: the card is advising that an opportunity will present itself with this person - that things are not 'dead in the water' as they have been in the past couple of months.

I think the Pentacles has shown up instead of another Ace because it is telling me the opportunity to act or a change in direction in our relationship is still a little time away and I won't see or hear from him in the short term, but I may see some developments in say a month.

Am I on track with my interpretation? Are there other ideas on what this could mean?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the aspect of time you bring in. Pentacles as earth are the most inert of the cards.

What comes to my mind is that there might be a very strong physical aspect to your relation. The Pentacles are earth and the cards of the physical realm after all. On the other hand, I would rather expect the Ace of Wands for a sexual relation.

Might be that there is the opportunity (the Aces always are nothing more than opportunities) for a very stable, maybe conservative relationship.

Xrysalida

For me the Ace of pentacles appeared as a physical interaction with someone but not a fling, maybe someone with whom you have the opportunity to see more often and exchange, like having a potential with the person than just a quick exchange, are you in a physical relationship with this guy? Or were you?

Also about what you say on changing direction of the relationship I would wait to see other cards, like 6 of swords, The wheel, even 3 of wands as looking other ways of approach.

hulpster

I like the aspect of time you bring in. Pentacles as earth are the most inert of the cards.

What comes to my mind is that there might be a very strong physical aspect to your relation. The Pentacles are earth and the cards of the physical realm after all. On the other hand, I would rather expect the Ace of Wands for a sexual relation.

Might be that there is the opportunity (the Aces always are nothing more than opportunities) for a very stable, maybe conservative relationship.

Hi Farzon, thanks for your take. When you say there is a strong physical aspect what do you mean exactly? We currently have no physical contact.

hulpster

For me the Ace of pentacles appeared as a physical interaction with someone but not a fling, maybe someone with whom you have the opportunity to see more often and exchange, like having a potential with the person than just a quick exchange, are you in a physical relationship with this guy? Or were you?

Also about what you say on changing direction of the relationship I would wait to see other cards, like 6 of swords, The wheel, even 3 of wands as looking other ways of approach.

Hi Xrysalida, thanks for your take. Currently we have no physical contact but in the past we were in a relationship. My cards and my intuition are telling me that he is seeing something differently about us, hence me feeling there will be improvements in our circumstances at some point.

I asked where are things headed between us. I got Judgement clarified by Lovers. For me this is about rejuvenation of a relationship and a decision to be made about that relationship.

My best course of action now is High Priestess. So I'm thinking no action but watch and see how things unfold with him and allow my intuition to guide me.

Farzon

Hi Farzon, thanks for your take. When you say there is a strong physical aspect what do you mean exactly? We currently have no physical contact.
As I said the Ace is just the possibilitiy for this. I think that there might be a strong physical aspect IF you get together. Every Ace's energy is just a potential that can as well be waisted.

hulpster

As I said the Ace is just the possibilitiy for this. I think that there might be a strong physical aspect IF you get together. Every Ace's energy is just a potential that can as well be waisted.

Ah ok! I get what you mean, thanks.

Absynthe

My experience of the Ace Of Pentacles is that it means the foundation between you, whatever that may be, is important at this time. If you had a foundation of pain, then it's asking you to integrate it. If it was a foundation of real love then it's likely that may be renewed but not necessarily in same relationship context as before.

It really depends what the dynamic between you was as to what you should do with it....ie, embrace or confront it.

Absynthe

My best course of action now is High Priestess. So I'm thinking no action but watch and see how things unfold with him and allow my intuition to guide me.

With your best course of action being HP and Ace of Pents the I think this strongly points to a hidden influence (likely subconscious) that played out in the foundation between you. So there was an established pattern that played out and well caused things to go down hill. This is what the Ace is asking you to confront and find.

hulpster

With your best course of action being HP and Ace of Pents the I think this strongly points to a hidden influence (likely subconscious) that played out in the foundation between you. So there was an established pattern that played out and well caused things to go down hill. This is what the Ace is asking you to confront and find.

Oh ok.. I'm getting confused now lol! So when I ask how things stand/what is the current situation, i am receiving some info regarding past behaviour? I'm sorry I can't make that connection! Could you pls elaborate a bit - I might be slow!! :)