the Chariot

nisaba

I've been using Tarot professionally, on-and-off, since 1981.

I've been reading personally longer than that.

I did a quick pull for a colleague just then, and got the Chariot. I talked it through, and they walked away satisfied.

And then a thought hit me with the thunder of a thousand chariot-wheels.

In all those years, in a spread for me, I have NEVER ONCE pulled the Chariot.

:bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:

What the -

Barleywine

Maybe it figured your ideal charioteer was Charlton Heston, and it was ashamed to show its face! :joke:

Or you need to do larger spreads . . .

I can't think of a single card that hasn't come up, but I haven't been keeping track (although there are certainly some that come up much more regularly than others).

Sibylline

Interesting, Nisaba! I can't think of a major that has never showed itself in my own readings. The Chariot and I are old friends as I have drawn that card a lot since I started reading in the early 90s. In fact, your post reminded me of a personal reading that I did just the other day--it forced me to interpret the Chariot from a completely new angle. Love it when that happens.

I wonder if you get a major that consistently shows up in your own readings. If so, I also wonder what its relationship to the Chariot might be.

nisaba

Maybe it figured your ideal charioteer was Charlton Heston, and it was ashamed to show its face! :joke:

<grin> I own the Cosmic Deck, so I can see where that comment came from ...

Or you need to do larger spreads . . .

I like my own spreads. My go-to is twelve cards. Once a year on World Towel Day/World Tarot Day I do the 42 card spread. And depending on how many levels you take it to, the Fibonacci spread can end up consuming several DECKS in a sitting! Hours of fun and jollity, there.

And yes, if I force a reading that is going to use every single card, the Chariot will come out. But if I even do the 42 card spread, it won't. Not ever.

Comes out for clients, as appropriate, just never, ever for me, right through the years.

I can't think of a single card that hasn't come up, but I haven't been keeping track (although there are certainly some that come up much more regularly than others)

Well, I only realised, when I pulled it for someone else here and she says "I bet you don't say that when it comes out for you".

And I looked at the card.

And the card looked back at me.

And I swear, it poked out its tongue at me <grin>.

It's never come out for me.

laurence

It could mean that you master pretty well the lessons taught by the chariot. Do you know if your South node is in Cancer?

Maybe because you don't immerse yourself in self doubt and you understand how to coordinate contrasting energies to reach your objectives, and you know how to be patient and focus on your goals with determination.

Thirteen

Aren't you the Chariot?

It's never come out for me.
I rather think it's never had to ;) Isn't the Chariot's advice redundant for you? My impression is that you are and have always been ready to take control, bravely charge ahead and always direct your steeds cleverly and swiftly to victory. What could the Chariot card ever tell you that you don't already know or have been doing for most of your life? :D (Excepting, maybe, that your car needs a tune up :joke:)

Barleywine

I rather think it's never had to ;) Isn't the Chariot's advice redundant for you? My impression is that you are and have always been ready to take control, bravely charge ahead and always direct your steeds cleverly and swiftly to victory. What could the Chariot card ever tell you that you don't already know or have been doing for most of your life? :D (Excepting, maybe, that your car needs a tune up :joke:)

Good point! Maybe if you get one of those ceiling mirrors you would catch it when it isn't looking . . .

think

Interesting!

Chariot has come out for me a heck of a lot. I guess I'm weak willed or something :p

That's really peculiar! I'm trying to think what cards I don't see often... from the majors I can't think of any that haven't come out. Some I don't see very often - emperor and fool spring to mind.

What cards do show up often in your readings?