The Sun Reversed

katyanne

So I posted a reading last night and it seems that nobody wants to help. So I'm wondering if I can have help with one card, at least. The last card in the tree of life spread I did as the "future" reading came up with the sun reversed. All I can figure out is it's maybe talking about something new, but I don't know anything more than that and honestly this card is confusing me. I've consulted several books and about to consult some videos. Hopefully I can figure it out.

DownUnderNZer

I do not know the TREE OF LIFE and some will be put off if they find it is a large spread etc. Me being one. Not everyone though.

And I have not done Tarot since about 2012/13 really, so way out of practice.

SUN rx

Could mean "being burnt out" or "being burnt", so be careful not to overdo it or put yourself in a situation where you could be "burnt".

DND :)

So I posted a reading last night and it seems that nobody wants to help. So I'm wondering if I can have help with one card, at least. The last card in the tree of life spread I did as the "future" reading came up with the sun reversed. All I can figure out is it's maybe talking about something new, but I don't know anything more than that and honestly this card is confusing me. I've consulted several books and about to consult some videos. Hopefully I can figure it out.

katyanne

Thanks.

The sun reversed could mean that I suppose because I feel like I could be burnt if I'm not careful. It's not possible to remove myself from the situation as this is a family situation.

Most of what I'm reading says the sun reversed isn't bad and is almost like the regular sun just a little less. I'm not sure if that makes sense to me or not lol.

In this situation, you could be right and I could probably be burnt if I'm not careful.

DownUnderNZer

True....not all cards when reversed are "negative" and with some the impact of anything "harsh" lessens.

Like the "7 of Swords", "Hanged Man", "3 of Swords" etc etc etc.

But to me the "Sun" is usually quite a positive card just upright, but what happens when you get too close to it or too much sun on your skin. Thus, to me, the "reversed" side.

Not ALL use "reversals" and not "all" think they are "negative". This you will learn more and more as you go along.

DND :)

Thanks.

The sun reversed could mean that I suppose because I feel like I could be burnt if I'm not careful. It's not possible to remove myself from the situation as this is a family situation.

Most of what I'm reading says the sun reversed isn't bad and is almost like the regular sun just a little less. I'm not sure if that makes sense to me or not lol.

In this situation, you could be right and I could probably be burnt if I'm not careful.

rwcarter

You haven't given any details about the question you asked, but apparently it's around a family situation. In addition to DND's thought about being burnt, you might be burnt out. Upright the Sun could be about the revealing of a secret (shining light upon something), so reversed, that secret may still be safe. Sun Rx could also just mean the situation will not have a happy ending.

Without more detail, it's hard to say as cards are interpreted based on question and position, and changing either one of those changes how the cards are interpreted.

Rodney

katyanne

You haven't given any details about the question you asked, but apparently it's around a family situation. In addition to DND's thought about being burnt, you might be burnt out. Upright the Sun could be about the revealing of a secret (shining light upon something), so reversed, that secret may still be safe. Sun Rx could also just mean the situation will not have a happy ending.

Without more detail, it's hard to say as cards are interpreted based on question and position, and changing either one of those changes how the cards are interpreted.

Rodney

Yeah I'm sorry I went into some detail in the full thread that this was really about but neglected to do so here. I'm having trouble with my kids with them being violent and rude (they are in mental health care for this) and I want to know where we stand right now and what I can do to make things better. This was part of a tree of life reading and was the tenth card for the "outcome".

I'm very much afraid that the sun reversed does mean it will have an unhappy ending and I'm trying to find a way that I can change the ending so that it won't be unhappy. I am certainly burnt out but I hope that won't be the outcome for this whole situation. I'm striving for peace and harmony and I'm scared that this card means that won't happen.

celticnoodle

Rodney
I like how you see this card in regards to a secret, Rodney. I never thought of it like that. Thanks!

I see the sun rx as saying things are okay, but not quite as happy& cheery as you may want. Though I also get & like DNDS thought too of getting burnt. I guess it really depends upon the question at hand & the other cards in the reading as well.

rwcarter

Now that I've seen the full reading - Family Situation - Tree of Life Reading - and the card image, I think differently about the Sun Rx in the Dream Raven deck. I agree with cn that things will likely work out well, but not quite as expected.

Rodney

katyanne

I like how you see this card in regards to a secret, Rodney. I never thought of it like that. Thanks!

I see the sun rx as saying things are okay, but not quite as happy& cheery as you may want. Though I also get & like DNDS thought too of getting burnt. I guess it really depends upon the question at hand & the other cards in the reading as well.

I can see that. Things not working out as happy and cheery as what I want, that is. This is life after all, and life sucks sometimes. I think that is probably a more accurate interpretation than secrets, but I'm not sure because I'm new to this.

katyanne

Now that I've seen the full reading - Family Situation - Tree of Life Reading - and the card image, I think differently about the Sun Rx in the Dream Raven deck. I agree with cn that things will likely work out well, but not quite as expected.

Rodney

I think you're probably right, but what would I know, I'm just a beginner with this. Thanks for the help here and on the other thread.