6 of Wands as a result

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a recent reading I got the 6 of Wands as what would happen if I break off a friendship. I've used my Tarot of Pagan Cats and the card shows a cat being praised because he caught a rat --> https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAA24/C6oWapTfY-A/s1600/pagancats_6wands.jpg Actually I don't like this card very much, because usually I end up to be the rat and rarely the winning cat. Anyway to me here it could mean that this is the best choice I can make (breaking off) so success and victory in this sense, but I'm afraid that I'll be the rat instead, that is maybe this not the best choice for me.

What do you think? Thanks.

gregory

The card is all about success in an action YOU would be taking, so I'd say - rat or not - it would be the best choice for you.

And think about why you are considering doing this. Would there perhaps be any rattiness about the other person ? or could the rat just represent the friendship gone sour, and your success is in killing it ?

elena_jaymz

The card is all about success in an action YOU would be taking, so I'd say - rat or not - it would be the best choice for you.

And think about why you are considering doing this. Would there perhaps be any rattiness about the other person ? or could the rat just represent the friendship gone sour, and your success is in killing it ?
Hi gregory, thanks for your reply. Actually we quarrelled yesterday and it's not the first time. My friend is afraid I'll leave him for "better persons", I mean he's afraid I'll get to know other people and then abandon​ him (he had this kind of experiences in the past unfortunately). The truth is I'm tired of his behavior, I feel trapped, having other friends too is not a "betrayal" towards him...

gregory

Then - I think that side of him is the rat. Deviously trying to guilt you into severing ties. If he actually can't hack sharing friends - you are better off out of it, IMNVHO !

elena_jaymz

Then - I think that side of him is the rat. Deviously trying to guilt you into severing ties. If he actually can't hack sharing friends - you are better off out of it, IMNVHO !

Thanks again, I agree about the rat here, I think you're right anyway, such situation is not great.

Thirteen

What if there was no rat in the picture....

Hi everyone, in a recent reading I got the 6 of Wands as what would happen if I break off a friendship. I've used my Tarot of Pagan Cats and the card shows a cat being praised because he caught a rat...Actually I don't like this card very much, because usually I end up to be the rat and rarely the winning cat.
I think you're letting the rat in this picture distract you from the real message of the 6/Wands. In most 6/Wands we see the victorious warrior and folk cheering him. We don't see his dead enemies piled up and dragged behind him, thus having readers thinking "I'm the defeated!" But with a tarot about cats, it's understandable that to show a "winner" they'd show the cat that had killed a rat. So, when using this deck, you have to work to ignore the rat as an contender for who you are in this ;) The rat isn't there for that purpose.

Let me put it another way: if the picture showed that this cat had climbed the highest tree...would you say you felt like the tree? So, try imagining the image shows that. The cat has climbed the highest tree, and all the other cats gaze up in admiration. NOW what does the card mean to you?

The two sides you should be looking at (to consider which you are) are the victor and those who are watching him in admiration. They "cheer" him on as their champion, and he, in turn, continues to win more victories. Which has them cheering him on all the more. It's an energy feedback loop. That sounds pretty good for the results if you break off this friendship. It's not about being a "winner" like everything will be sunshine and roses if you do it. It's about being supported. Cheered. Patted on the back. It's about the fact that however much energy breaking up drains from you, others will step in and give you theirs. Restoring you.

elena_jaymz

I think you're letting the rat in this picture distract you from the real message of the 6/Wands. In most 6/Wands we see the victorious warrior and folk cheering him. We don't see his dead enemies piled up and dragged behind him, thus having readers thinking "I'm the defeated!" But with a tarot about cats, it's understandable that to show a "winner" they'd show the cat that had killed a rat. So, when using this deck, you have to work to ignore the rat as an contender for who you are in this ;) The rat isn't there for that purpose.

Let me put it another way: if the picture showed that this cat had climbed the highest tree...would you say you felt like the tree? So, try imagining the image shows that. The cat has climbed the highest tree, and all the other cats gaze up in admiration. NOW what does the card mean to you?
Hi Thirteen, thank you. Yes, this rat distracted me, but no, it's not there for I what I thought :D I see what you mean, being mine a cat deck, of course showing a cat catching a rat was a good way to depict the 6 Wands meaning.

The two sides you should be looking at (to consider which you are) are the victor and those who are watching him in admiration. They "cheer" him on as their champion, and he, in turn, continues to win more victories. Which has them cheering him on all the more. It's an energy feedback loop. That sounds pretty good for the results if you break off this friendship. It's not about being a "winner" like everything will be sunshine and roses if you do it. It's about being supported. Cheered. Patted on the back. It's about the fact that however much energy breaking up drains from you, others will step in and give you theirs. Restoring you.
I was forgetting about the cats watching! :D So if I break up, I won't be alone, I'll have support from the other people I know.. Without the rat I see myself as the "winning" cat indeed.. Thanks :)