What are your thoughts on The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals??

Alta

I just bought the book a few days ago, but I am very impressed with it so far. I am one of those readers who shied away from using reversals. In fact getting one literally tied my stomach up. So I stopped for a long time. Then I read some interesting comments by some excellent readers here, about reversals adding depth, etc etc. I bought the book and have used it several times since then, and it has really made me apprecaite using reversals in a reading. Each time it opened so much depth for me. I like the way she writes, and the thoughtful tone of it. Excellent and insightful in my opinion.

aeonx

Umbrae said:
Wait…I AM Umbrae…too much King of Cups on the table…

*lol* The King of Cups is real busy I understand. Soon he haunts the entire forum, not just Maan and me. :p

~aeonx~

Logiatrix

highly recommend this book. it gets a permanent parking space on my bookshelf.
i am still resistant to using reversals, but this book has helped me immensely in understanding the process. i already have elemental dignities ingrained in my brain, so that's what i'm gonna stay with, at least for now.
:)

LeahG

aeonx said:
It's in my Basket, but I'll have to wait before I order it. Haven't got the money for it yet. However, I've ordered the Tarot Card Combinations by Dorothy Kelly. Can't wait to get it! :)

~aeonx~

Hi Aeonx,

I bought the Tarot card Combinations a couple of months ago, it has been good for me to start learning reading cards together, but I still need practice. I'm sure you will enjoy the book. The book has meanings for the cards at the front, but they are very narrow.

Cheers

Maan

Oke i just ordered it.....its time to start using reversals!!!

( aeonx guess who was in my daily reading today ;) )

Phoenix

UPDATE!!!!

Well, I did buy this book, along with Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee, and love thm both!!! I reccemend them to everyone!! I can't wait to get Tarot: Your Everyday Guide by Janina Renee also! It's comming to me in a trade.

Maan

So tarot for a new generation is really good?
Is there anything new in it.?......cause i love her other books ( tarot spells and your everyday guide)
What exectly do you like?

Love and light
Maan

Phoenix

Well, she goes into things that I wouldn't even think of for card interpretation. She spends the same amount of time on both the Major Arcana, and the Minor Arcana. How are her other 2 books?? I really want Tarot spells, and I am getting the other one this week hopefully.

Maan

Hi Phoenix

Tarot your everyday guide is really good. It is the book i use the most ( from a large collection ;) )
It explains the cards as an advice. And its really insidefull. Some cards i can figure out myself but if i get for example a negative card like the devil or the three of sowrds as an advice i look it up and it is GREAT

Tart spells is also good. I don't use it that much cause i preffer home made spells ;) But i get alot of creative ideas from this book. I kinda use it as an insperation :)

THe nex generation book does it focus real much on teenagers or can i ( 22) use it too?
And wich decks does she use?

( wauw this is one of my largest post ever, see how much i like here books ;) )

Love and light
Maan

Phoenix

Maan, Tarot for a New Generation is really good for everyone, not just for teens and the early twenty something(so you still fall under this category!!). It offers insight for everyone. I reccomend it for everyone. It is full of very pracitcal, down to earth advice, without the "fluff" of other books.

In the book, she uses the Universal Tarots(Lo Scarabeo), World Spirit, and Legend: The Arthurian Tarot. Which decks does she use in Tarot: Your Everyday Guide??