Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Game of Saturn/The Sola-Busca Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

'The Game of Saturn' is now available for pre-order. The cheapest edition is 66 plus postage. Looks interesting, but I need to think about that.

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

starlightexp 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Booker View Post
'The Game of Saturn' is now available for pre-order. The cheapest edition is 66 plus postage. Looks interesting, but I need to think about that.

Patrick
Yea me likewise at that cost. I've been burned too many times in the past by tarot books to know to wait till I can either preview it or ask someone who has read it what they thought.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightexp View Post
Yea me likewise at that cost. I've been burned too many times in the past by tarot books to know to wait till I can either preview it or ask someone who has read it what they thought.
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered it, on the grounds that I am unlikely to ever get it any cheaper and that it is a limited edition, even the standard version. I have worked with the deck meditatively, and this seems to be a different perspective to Sofia Di Vicenzo's book. I will post my impressions when I get it.

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

Scarlet Imprint are planning to produce a version of the deck:

http://scarletimprint.com/2016/12/so...arlet-imprint/

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

This is another resource for the Sola Busca:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/All-Love-Goes...sap_bc?ie=UTF8

Only uses the Majors. A number of Stewart Warren's books are based upon traditional Tarot decks.

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

The author of 'The Game of Saturn' has provided some interesting material here, presumably to be expanded upon in the book:

http://www.petermarkadams.com/sola-busca-tarot/

He identifies the deck's creator as Nicola di Maestro Antonio.

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

The book will now be sent out mid-March and will include images based upon the only surviving set, and presumably an improvement on existing images. Scarlet Imprint are also producing the deck and apparently do have permission to do so:

http://scarletimprint.com/2017/02/up...a-busca-tarot/

http://scarletimprint.com/books/the-game-of-saturn/

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

DeToX 
Citizen

10/10 for enthusiasm, Patrick! :-D

I'm not sure I like the sound of poems for the Majors only c/f Stewart Warren's book, even if it does reproduce the Il Meneghello versions of the card images (in colour I presume?)

I was thinking about ordering the book but it ended up lower down in my wish list. If it had been available in paperback I definitely would have. I will look forward to your comments when it arrives.

I wonder how much that deck will cost. If it is priced too high it will surely be outdone by the existing facsimiles out there...and what with LoS's reissue of their reproduction, they might find their place in the market squeezed...but without any details no point speculating I guess.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Citizen

KhonsuMes 
Citizen

Looking forward to receiving the book in March. It is definitely worth the wait if the images will be new and better ones.

And it makes the deck a more attractive proposition as well (at least for me). The sumptuousness of the art in this deck makes higher res images worth it. Hopefully, they'll do a commensurate job on the card stock, finish, etc...

ETA: Thank you Patrick for the links to the update! I just subscribed to the Scarlet Imprint Journal so I'll get the notices about the deck's progress.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Citizen

Patrick Booker 
Citizen

I am subscribed to the Scarlet Imprint Journal too. I am just rereading Sofia Di Vicenzo's 'Sola Busca Tarot', the only other full length book in English that I am aware of. I have a copy of the Meyer limited edition which a lovely deck, so I wonder how the Scarlet Imprint deck will compare.

Patrick
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.