Transparent Illusion and Clarity

rwcarter

This spread is based on one that was in the 2001 Llewellyn Tarot Calendar. The layout of the spread lends itself to the Transparent Tarot (thus the name) because of the ability to layer the three cards together to form a single image. So instead of having to read three cards together six times, you only have to interpret a single Combined Image (CI) six times.

CI #1 (147) - The illusion that the Querent has about the situation
CI #2 (258) - The true reality of the situation
CI #3 (369) - Forces at work in the situation, which will help and/or hinder the Querent
CI #4 (123) - The past
CI #5 (456) - The present
CI #6 (789) - The future

I posted here about the new shuffling method I use with this deck. So with this spread, cards 1-3 come from the leftmost pile, cards 4-6 come from the middle pile and cards 7-9 come from the rightmost pile. I chose to do it that way since 147 is the first CI created instead of 123. People can ignore this step if they prefer to form their CIs in a different manner.

Rodney

Faolainn Storm

OOOOh, I really like this spread. I love multi-layered spread, and this looks ideal. I just have to wait to get my replacement cards, so I can try this out.

Thanks for posting this

FS.

rwcarter

Faolainn,

You're quite welcome. Please let me know how it works for you. This is the spread where I got a rather blunt answer from this deck. I was surprised at that.

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

This is a nice idea Rodney, thanks. I look forward to trying it tomorrow once I've had some sleep! x

MysticalMoose

This looks a great spread I wish I had the Transparent Tarot :(.....

MM :heart:

rwcarter

MM,

The spread can be used with any deck, but it especially lends itself to the Transparent Tarot's ability to layer the cards together.

Rodney

flying black kat

Thank you Rodney. I am going to try this spread latter today or tomorrow.

Kathy

MysticalMoose

rwcarter said:
MM,

The spread can be used with any deck, but it especially lends itself to the Transparent Tarot's ability to layer the cards together.

Rodney

:D I guess you are right there!!! I shall give it a try :love:

MM

(still wish i had it tho :D ).... maybe after xmas !!!

Dolphin_Dreamer

Hi Rodney

This spread looks really interesting, but I'm not sure I'm understanding it or reading it correctly. Would it be possible to post and example either here, Your Readings or PM me?

rwcarter

Dolphin_Dreamer,

Sorry, but I only just saw your question tonight. I've posted the reading I did, along with scans of the CIs, here. Let me know here in the thread or by PM if you still don't understand something.

Thanks,
Rodney