Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I read playing cards, Tarot and Oracles equally

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I prefer Tarot and Oracles but do read playing cards as well

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moonbow

How many cartomancers do we have here on AT? By that I mean playing card readers.

If I've missed an important option to find out how many members are playing card readers, please let me know.

cardlady22

I consider myself a cartomancer, in this order:

playing cards
oracle cards (including ones made by collectible/trading card games)
tarot

But, I don't really read for others.

Moonbow

No matter who you read for cardlady but just interested to know how many of us have the interest. Playing cards are fairly new to me, I've dabbled with it over the years from around the time that Little Baron was reading with them here on AT, but gave it up until more recently. I'm thrilled with how the readings turn out with playing cards. I still have a long way to go.

celticnoodle

i started out reading playing cards.

never expected to fall in love with tarot and other oracles. but, then, I found some that I just HAD to have!

so, learned to read tarot.

maybe one day, I will go back to playing cards full time. the shop where I read has 3 tarot card readers, including me. no-one reads playing cards. the shop owner is trying to convince me to go back to playing cards, but i have become more comfortable now with tarot.............

aranarose

I started with playing cards when I was in middle school. Got quite the reputation as an accurate reader even back then. Moved onto Tarot after high school, and now use several different systems.

Moonbow

With a grounding in reading playing cards would you say that Tarot and Oracles came easier than if it were the other way around? Seems to me that if you can read pips where there is obviously no image to tell a story then you have a different skill which will serve you well for reading mostly anything.

There's something nice about reading a playing card deck in public and not spooking people because they think you're playing Solitaire of some other card game.

Wonder why gaming is acceptable in a public place but divination isn't.

autumn star

I am only just learning to read to with palying cards. I have been using Tarot for years, and then I became interested in Lenormands and from there discovered playing cards :)

Le Fanu

Missing the option (and what I would say of myself);

"I prefer Tarot/Oracle but can/do read playing cards as well"

aranarose

Le Fanu said:
Missing the option (and what I would say of myself);

"I prefer Tarot/Oracle but can/do read playing cards as well"

Ditto.

poivre

Started with Tarot

Went to playing cards because I liked the size

Now trying Lenormand