Is Tarot getting trendy?

vee

I am actually seeing the opposite, I am noticing a decline in interest in tarot among 'ordinary' people.
There are a lot less activity all over the internet, more people actually leaving the tarot world then coming to it. Lenormand and oracles are taking over the market and the blogs and facebook. Some of the most active people on this forum alone has left.

But it might be me that don't really see the influx of new blood, also my geographical situation is odd (stuck far up north in Sweden) perhaps there really is a massive new interest in let's say New Zealand. But just maybe it is the tarot-people that has gotten more into the social media thing then the other way around? It's an idea!

I agree with this. It seems to me like interest is declining. There seem to be people who are interested in Tarot from an artistic standpoint (ie designers and artists), but as divination/history/occultism/etc, I don't see it as trendy, at all. There are only a handful of active Tarot groups on facebook--and they've slowed down in the past year. There is barely any tarot community to speak of on Tumblr or Pintrest or any of hte other big social media sites, which makes it seem very un-trendy to me!

daphne

I agree with this. It seems to me like interest is declining. There seem to be people who are interested in Tarot from an artistic standpoint (ie designers and artists), but as divination/history/occultism/etc, I don't see it as trendy, at all. There are only a handful of active Tarot groups on facebook--and they've slowed down in the past year. There is barely any tarot community to speak of on Tumblr or Pintrest or any of hte other big social media sites, which makes it seem very un-trendy to me!

I have the same impression, the interest for tarot declining. When this topic comes up, there is no curiosity what so ever, just like weather talk.

rivergum

OMG! That was HYSTERICAL! :D

LOL! This forum is going to be swamped by tarot wannabes if this web series takes off.

As I'm a tarot newbie who's recently jumped on the bandwagon, I was intrigued by the interpretation of two of swords as an incautious woman, but of course you would be if you were sitting with two swords uncomfortably positioned AND a blindfold. LOVED the querent's response.

Sar

Me too, and I prefer it this way.

intuitiveinsight

It seems that tarot is becoming more accepted. Even if one doesn't know what tarot is, after I'd explain what I use it for, they say, Ah OK or something of that nature.
So yes, tarot for me is becoming a trend at least that's how it has been for me speaking from my personal experience!