Upcoming deck, Kickstarter coming

Rose Lalonde

Thanks! :) I had bookmarked your thread here on Lux Ferous... Is this part of that deck, or is this something new?

FionaBenjamin

This is a new deck. We had put Lux Ferous indefinitely on hold because we were having a hard time making it flow. We decided it was very forced and we were trying too hard to make it in line with what our followers wanted and what publishers were suggesting. It no longer fit my vision and we really came to dread working on the project.

I decided it was time to go back to what I initially was hoping for. We worked on the Wands- the heart of each tarot deck- the will to live, the fire- and worked on it in secrecy. At TarotCon: Dallas, I gave a first look to the attendants- Kim Huggens, Marcus Katz, Barbara Moore, and others, who all gave me the thumbs up.

That's when I decided, it was time for the world to see what we're up to and plan the Kickstarter. :)

We are taking artistic criticisms, but for the messages behind the cards and unrelated comments, this time, it's more "fingers in ears, I will do as I wish" so I don't run into the same issue as I did with Lux Ferous.

Rose Lalonde

Thank you for the update, Fiona! Best wishes for your new deck. :)

GlitterNova

This is a new deck. We had put Lux Ferous indefinitely on hold because we were having a hard time making it flow. We decided it was very forced and we were trying too hard to make it in line with what our followers wanted and what publishers were suggesting. It no longer fit my vision and we really came to dread working on the project.

I can't lie, that makes me more than a bit sad. Any chance that the completed cards from that deck could be released as prints, maybe? Digital downloads? ....cellphone wallpapers? Anything so that they don't go to 'waste' so to say.

FionaBenjamin

Once we finish with this deck, we plan on releasing the Lux Ferous prints as posters

JoLister

How do I pre-order?...

JoLister

Just realised it says Kickstarter coming in the title, silly me.

FionaBenjamin

Happy Halloween!!

Here's the Death card to celebrate: http://m.imgur.com/bGlpE0V

Listen to Evanescence's "My Immortal" to get the full effect ;)

ana luisa

Those are A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! I agree, they are very intense. Finger-burning intense! Beautiful art ! Congratulations :thumbsup: