Ethereal Visions Tarot - New Nouveau Tarot Deck

DarkYarns

I've been looking for an Art Nouveau-style tarot deck for a long time, but none of those I've found speak to me. I do like the art of the Mucha deck, but the cards don't seem particularly to resonate with the tarot meanings they are meant to represent. Others are a bit cheesy. I'm really excited about this one - I find the style gorgeous and the subjects so far to resonate with the tarot meanings. I'm not affiliated with the creator, just excited and thought others might also be.

http://www.etherealvisionstarot.com/

Luna's Crone

This would be a nice collectors deck for sure if you are into art nouveau. Very pretty

Le Fanu

These are beautiful. Exquisitely done.

But there is something about Art Nouveau decks that makes me step back a bit (thinking generally here - not directed specifically at this one). The art style (of Art Nouveau) is quite formulaic; diaphanous nymphs vignetted in something swirly, fluttering hair echoing fluttering fabric. It is an art style I absolutely love - one of the few art styles that make me go weak at the knees.

But I look at a typical Art Nouveau composition and wonder whether multiplying it by 78 is the best way to see it. On a concert programme, a biscuit tin, an opera poster - these work beautifully, but it is hard to pick out the individuality. Could the Empress be the Queen of Wands? Take away the book and the High Priestess could be the Queen of Swords.

I absolutely love this deck - but I wonder how easily it would read laid out on the table.

moonxbaby

I'm very excited to see all the Kickstarter updates on this gorgeous deck... I'm fascinated by Art Nouveau, tarot and shiny things, so Matt Hughes is really singing to my soul with his art and this deck. I pledged today ^-^

Daemon Lover

This looks really nice...although, I get very nervous about these Kickstarter campaigns. It says that they won't ship till May next year....is that normal for one of these things? Does the artist have to deliver to his backers if the final price goal isn't reached?

gregory

The date is normal. Many take longer.

The artist doesn't get any money if the goal isn't reached. Your pledge isn't taken from your account until this happens. If the goal isn't reached - your money stays with you.

OCCASIONALLY the goal is reached and the deck never shows up. I have had this happen to me twice (and also one where the campaigner ran into difficulties, cannot complete, and is refunding everyone.) But I have backed many KS campaigns and so far only two have gone totally sour. Some have completed WAY later than planned, though.

I have actually backed it - though I note that none of his other campaigns has succeeded :(

Daemon Lover

Thanks for clearing this up gregory...
I want to back it, but I'm abit hesitant now knowing that his other campaigns weren't successful 😯.

gregory

Thanks for clearing this up gregory...
I want to back it, but I'm abit hesitant now knowing that his other campaigns weren't successful 😯.
Well, they didn't hit their target, so no-one paid money. No problem. And they weren't for tarot decks - they were posters and stuff - I can see why they would have a smaller market appeal....

You can always hold off and watch - and chip in when it is at or near the target !

Daemon Lover

I will definately be keeping an eye on it 😉.
All success to the artist....it really will be a gorgeous deck if and when it comes to fruition.

storm Blue

backing and cheering him on.. its some very beautiful art. I think his light may be a little overshadowed by noise of another awesome deck ( that Im also on ), but both deck are so very different than each other.
The deadline is a way ahead, but lets remember other decks that were also launched well ahead. 78 cards for eg. glad I waited that one out and love that I was able to enjoy sharing in the process, gives me a more intimate feeling with the cards.