Who would the EMPRESS be in real life?

Hitch

What real life person would you equate to being an empress, physically. Not talking about the personality, at all...just physically.

For some reason and this is just my opinion, but Kim Kardashian came to mind. Not thin, not quite a fuller figure, but sexy, and voluptuous. She's in tune with her female side and knows how to use her attributes to get someone's attention.

I don't picture the physical embodiment of the empress as a waif thin woman.

Any other ideas?

Amsonia

hmmm, for physical looks only...I'd say Scarlett Johansson maybe.

Debra

Rosanne Barr. Not kidding. Empress is the Big Mother.

Kim K and Scarlett J are current sex symbols.

Amsonia

I don't think of Scarlett as sexy...I think of her as fertile looking...very motherly...but then again I'm a woman...who likes men...

my second choice though, is along your line of thought...Oprah...personality and all! She has the bounty of the earth and it's hers to give, but I would hate to get on her bad side!

Hitch

Many things I've read have said she's the sexiest card out of the bunch. Creative, fertile, abundant, in touch with every thing feminine and is well aware of her sexual attributes. I guess I don't see Roseanne Barr at all. Voluptuous and curvy, sure.

Now I think the father of the tarot, the Emperor, is John Candy. Lol.

Starshower

Yes - I totally 'get' Roseanne Barr as Empress! :) (Aren't her facial expressions a bit like Lisa Kudrow's, weirdly?)

I don't follow much American culture, not having a tv nor reading celebrity magazines or watching much Hollywood ... so I'd say Kate Winslet ... Emma Thompson (with her air of confident authority) ... maybe Adele too.

Hitch

Yes - I totally 'get' Roseanne Barr as Empress! :) (Aren't her facial expressions a bit like Lisa Kudrow's, weirdly?)

I don't follow much American culture, not having a tv nor reading celebrity magazines or watching much Hollywood ... so I'd say Kate Winslet ... Emma Thompson (with her air of confident authority) ... maybe Adele too.

Lol! I get Kate Winslet (more in Titanic) or Adele...but still not seeing Roseanne using her feminine wiles.

magicjack

Hillary Clinton?

Kalisti

I tend to think of older, matriarchal (but not elderly) women rather than younger, "sexy" women. I guess the card art in most of my decks depict motherly figures, grandmotherly even, but also the basic card meaning brings elders to mind, too. I use this card to represent female ancestors in my spiritual work, when I don't have a photo or personal artifact around.

If I had to pick a famous person to represent the Empress, I would think more of Michelle Obama or Princess Di than Kim K or Scarlet Johanson. Historically, the younger Marie Laveau, maybe.