Seven of swords and dating?

headincloud

Yikes! Isn't that more of a two of swords?

Not in my book, 2 swords is more a card of suppression of feelings for the sake of keeping a status quo or a crossroads.

CCTheGreat

So, you specifically asked about the situation with this new guy, correct? And your assumptions have all been wrong, correct?

It sounds like he is the Seven of Swords. There are things you do not know about this man. There are things hidden from you at this time and he is the one hiding them.

You didn't ask the cards, "Tell me something about my love life between two men?"

That wasn't the question, so I would gather that the 7 of Swords is indicating that this man who is quiet and reserved is being so for a reason. He is listen to you, so that he can make a calculating move. The advice the 7 of Swords is giving you is to listen more to him talk. Ask him more questions. See who he really is. Have you been to his house? Have you confirmed where he works? These might be questions the 7 of Swords is advising you to ask yourself and him. How well do you really know him?

If you haven't made a commitment to either men, then I don't see how the Seven of Swords would indicate any dishonestly on your part. Plus that wasn't the question asked.

I think you might just be right. By all of my assumptions being wrong about him I meant that I keep thinking he isn't that interested or that he might not call (again this guy is Norwegian and they have barely any facial expressions unless drunk, especially if you've just met them). I left our diet dating thinking it was a dud and he surprised when he asked me out again, and again etc. But I can see why this card could be eluding to something hidden or held back from his end. I've leaned way back to judge his behaviour. At this stage I'm on high alert and after pulling this card I must say I've gone off him abit and kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Barleywine

Lots of interesting thoughts banging around in here. I wasn't thinking of "dishonesty" as being devious with either of the two, more as "Am I really being honest with myself about what I expect from a relationship with either one?" Maybe neither is a good match when that is fully understood.

The 2 of Swords (at least in the RWS deck) reinforces my thought in another thread here that the Swords are "guarded" and "watchful." I think feelings are the farthest thing from the mind of the person in that card. It looks more like "self-preservation" to me, a defensive stance rather than an invitation to set forth in a new direction. It suggests the "peace" of a Demilitarized Zone, in which both adversaries keep to their own side and glower menacingly at the other.

In the case of the 7 of Swords, the idea is more "portable." In thinking about the relationship between the Six and the Seven, the latter does strike me as an opportunity to "break the deadlock," but the way ahead is unclear. I like the idea that the five swords being carried away are removing a disruptive influence from the picture, leaving the two remaining swords as a clearer choice. Think of it as getting rid of the mental "clutter" and focusing on the crux of the matter.

CCTheGreat

Lots of interesting thoughts banging around in here. I wasn't thinking of "dishonesty" as being devious with either of the two, more as "Am I really being honest with myself about what I expect from a relationship with either one?" Maybe neither is a good match when that is fully understood.

The 2 of Swords (at least in the RWS deck) reinforces my thought in another thread here that the Swords are "guarded" and "watchful." I think feelings are the farthest thing from the mind of the person in that card. It looks more like "self-preservation" to me, a defensive stance rather than an invitation to set forth in a new direction. It suggests the "peace" of a Demilitarized Zone, in which both adversaries keep to their own side and glower menacingly at the other.

In the case of the 7 of Swords, the idea is more "portable." In thinking about the relationship between the Six and the Seven, the latter does strike me as an opportunity to "break the deadlock," but the way ahead is unclear. I like the idea that the five swords being carried away are removing a disruptive influence from the picture, leaving the two remaining swords as a clearer choice. Think of it as getting rid of the mental "clutter" and focusing on the crux of the matter.

I think you might be right about none of them being a good fit actually. The guy from my past does some things that set me off the wrong way. Things like insulting me in a joking way or not taking no for answer. He'll tell me I need to improve this or that about myself. I told him that if he doesn't like the way I do something I better find someone else who does. He kinda backs off after that but it's a huge red flag for me. He kept asking me to come and see him despite it being Christmas and I was with my family.

The new guy is really reserved and gives me lot s of space but after reading a few of your thoughts here I realised I don't really know that much about him and there's plenty of room for him to be hiding something. He's asked me out again and I've turned him down, I don't think I'll go out with him again.

Also, mentality clarity and sorting out what you want and don't want is a new perspective on this card that I haven't thought of before. I'll use this in my readings from now on.
Thanks!