all cards reversed but outcome

brightbrook

Please let me know if this is not the appropriate forum for this question, I haven't posted very often.

I did a 10 card reading about a romantic situation in which all of the cards were reversed, except the outcome: the 8 of wands. I always see the 8 of wands as positive for romance, the arrows of love and all that. All the other cards were "positive" expect for perhaps the 7 swords r in the position of what Spirit has to say about the situation. I would interpret that as a problem with trust, both of self and other.

I've never had so many reversals before in a reading, 9 out of 10 cards! I feel like it means that there is a serious block at this time but in the near future things will progress quickly. Does anyone else have a different interpretation for all cards except the outcome being reversed?

Any assistance/intuitions you have I would most appreciate.
Thank you

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi brightbrook,

As you haven't posted often, you should take a look at the UTC Posting Rules.

If all you wish to discuss is the preponderance of reversed cards, then individual cards don't matter and should be removed from your post. You may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading, so if your reading was at least 4 cards, you can keep the 2 cards you've listed. But you must provide interpretations of them before others may discuss them.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

brightbrook

Thanks I made some changes to the original post.

cbiz83

I think you've got it. Everyone approaches reversals in different ways that are germane to a reading style. One reversal in a sea of 10 cards sticks out like a sore thumb. But a sea of reversals I'd interpret much in the same way you have: there's an uphill climb here. The energy of each card is much more of a challenge. Granted, it's really going to depend on what the cards are and where they've fallen (and to take that apart more, we'd need to go over to the readings section).

brightbrook

Thank you, confirmation does help a lot. :)

headincloud

Just because a spread is largely reversed it doesn't indicate a negative outcome any more than an upright spread. The 8W suggests a negative vicious cycle and the 7S could be sabotage or head games but it depends what the other cards are indicating in relation to this, is it ending or beginning for example.

brightbrook

Thank you headincloud. The 8W was the only upright card as the outcome, so I read it positively, but I suppose that is not necessarily the case. Maybe I'll post over in readings and give all the cards.

Laurelle

I would also read it as a blockage of some kind, as if something isn't getting through and things are "upside" down or backward or there is something that you aren't seeing clearly...

but the outcome is positive. Those wands will land in their desired position.

On the other hand, I wouldn't read all the reversed cards as necessarily as a bad thing. It could have a lot of positive meanings. The cards themselves have different meanings when reversed. For instance, the 5 of Cups reversed can mean a relative visiting from the past that you haven't seen in a long time.

Grizabella

I'd wonder if maybe you just picked up the deck upside down. I right the cards each time I've chosen to read with reversed cards and then just cut into 4 piles and turn one pile around. I do this each time I've decided to read with reversals.

At any rate, though, I think all reversed cards but one might be giving you advanced knowledge of something that's going to come about quickly. The 8 of Wands indicates fast movement sometimes. Having time to prepare for something that will be a major event in your life is a good thing. I'd say that what this spread is doing----warning you of something either good or bad but that will happen fairly quickly.

brightbrook

I would also read it as a blockage of some kind, as if something isn't getting through and things are "upside" down or backward or there is something that you aren't seeing clearly...

but the outcome is positive. Those wands will land in their desired position.

On the other hand, I wouldn't read all the reversed cards as necessarily as a bad thing. It could have a lot of positive meanings. The cards themselves have different meanings when reversed. For instance, the 5 of Cups reversed can mean a relative visiting from the past that you haven't seen in a long time.

Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation. I will do some more research into some of the Reversed meanings, to see if there are any like the
The 5 of cups you mention. It was a bit overwhelming as I don't have reversed meanings memorized like I do the standard ones.