The devil, the tower, death

Chamcham

I was wondering what it means when these 3 cards show up in one reading. i did a cc spread regarding a job offer I have and this spread scared the heck out of me. The outcome was death. These 3 cards to me mean massive changes and the job not working out. The placements were cards #1 devil the near future the tower and the outcome death. Any feed back would be appreciated.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

What do each of the cards mean to you individually? And what is position 1 in the version of the Celtic Cross you used?

Chamcham

What do each of the cards mean to you individually? And what is position 1 in the version of the Celtic Cross you used?

The first card represents the situation which the devil to me means currently feeling trapped in my current job

The near future card being the tower is massive changes happening in my work situation

The outcome being death I see as a failure (consider all the cards in the reading)

headincloud

I see the outcome different to you, death seems to be the end of the devils trap and upheaval and disruption of the tower around this. Could well suggest a new job or change of circumstances.

Chamcham

I see the outcome different to you, death seems to be the end of the devils trap and upheaval and disruption of the tower around this. Could well suggest a new job or change of circumstances.

That makes sense. There are so many ways to interpret death. I thought that the forces behind the other cards would shape the direction of the death card.

Intotouch

My interpretation would be to stay away from this job. If your feelings on seeing these cards were fear and shock then that's why you chose them. I believe that we choose cards that will communicate to us so if these cards frighten you then that's what this job will result in. Go with your feelings.

Since your reading was about a job offer then I disagree with those who say that the devil or any card in the reading refers to your present job but rather what you would experience in the potential one. And yes, I think as these are all majors and all difficult emotionally to deal with I'd say run a mile.

Maru

To add to the other possibilities... but could be there is a moral conflict at this new job maybe with regards to the Devil? Could make you feel culpable somehow. Maybe being forced to do work you dont agree with or against your own ethics or within terms which may be highly unfavorable for you which may even make it harder to leave... or being taken advantage of in some way, maybe lied to and only finding out before it is too late, but you cant leave because you already let the other position go.

Chamcham

My interpretation would be to stay away from this job. If your feelings on seeing these cards were fear and shock then that's why you chose them. I believe that we choose cards that will communicate to us so if these cards frighten you then that's what this job will result in. Go with your feelings.

Since your reading was about a job offer then I disagree with those who say that the devil or any card in the reading refers to your present job but rather what you would experience in the potential one. And yes, I think as these are all majors and all difficult emotionally to deal with I'd say run a mile.

That certainly was my feelings on it. It was an overall negative reading plus having those particular cards in it did not give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Chamcham

To add to the other possibilities... but could be there is a moral conflict at this new job maybe with regards to the Devil? Could make you feel culpable somehow. Maybe being forced to do work you dont agree with or against your own ethics or within terms which may be highly unfavorable for you which may even make it harder to leave... or being taken advantage of in some way, maybe lied to and only finding out before it is too late, but you cant leave because you already let the other position go.

I am still going to sign contacts of confidentiality to hear what they are trying to build. I guess I will find out if this rings true. I will keep the thread posted on it. I meet with them Monday.

Farzon

I was wondering what it means when these 3 cards show up in one reading. i did a cc spread regarding a job offer I have and this spread scared the heck out of me. The outcome was death. These 3 cards to me mean massive changes and the job not working out. The placements were cards #1 devil the near future the tower and the outcome death. Any feed back would be appreciated.
I wouldn't see death as bad as you do. I've had it come up for jobs as well, it always meant that it wasn't going to last. First I feared the card... then I realized, that it didn't work out for me anyway. I always got a change for the better and looking at your cards, it seems to be the end of a really, really bad job...

Of course a reading wouldn't be my only source for a decision in such a situation, but I wouldn't expect too much from this offer.