6/Swords + 7/Pents as Feelings

~Lolita~

Hi,

I pulled these for "how is he feeling about me right now (or these days)?".
Background: We had an encounter or two and I've kinda been avoiding him since (it was going too fast for me). So I was expecting angry/frustrated cards.

Does this combo mean he's given up?

The 6 of swords makes me think he is moving away from *me*, or from feelings about me because of his assessment (7 of pents) that it's futile.

I pulled 6 of swords first and 7 of pents as clarifier.

What do you guys think?

Enlightenment23

The 6 of Swords tells me that he's seeking to move on, but the thing about the six of swords is that it's a slow journey. So he may desire to move on from you, but he's not totally out of the water yet. There's still some lingering feelings. It's going to take some time to fully get you out of his sights, but yes, that's his ultimate goal.

The 7 of Pentacles gives me the impression that he's put some effort into you in the past, but he's now realizing that his efforts aren't bearing any fruit and things aren't going anywhere as quickly as he'd expect and/or he's realizing he's pursuing you in vain. So the 7 of Pentacles tells me that, in a nutshell, that he's feeling a lot of efforts have been wasted and materialized into little or nothing.

Hope this helps :)

headincloud

I think the 6 may be illustrating he sees himself moving into calmer waters with this relationship because he's persevering with it in 7.

Thirteen

The 6 of swords makes me think he is moving away from *me*, or from feelings about me because of his assessment (7 of pents) that it's futile.
I think that's a very astute interpretation, but possibly reversed. 6/Swords isn't just sailing away from something, it's sailing towards something. And usually that something is a coming together--better communication. So he might well feel that you two didn't understand each other (hence, you avoiding him) and he wants to sail away from *that* toward understanding, renewed communication and re-uniting.

If that's the case, then the 7/Pents is him patiently waiting. The card's name is "Failure" so he may well have felt that he failed with you. And yes, if he put time and effort into this, that is frustrating. BUT the card also has an element of waiting for new opportunities to turn up. The understanding that even if this particular opportunity was a bust, you can still (with patience) find a new one and turn things around.

It seems to me that both cards are saying that he feels things didn't go right. But he also feels that if you give him a new opportunity, you two can get it right. I think the 7/Pents is showing that he's waiting for you to talk to him. Waiting for that new chance to understand you, and for you to understand him.

~Lolita~

Thank you, Enlightenment23 & HeadinCloud for your responses!

Enlightenment23, You're probably right, he might be feeling that.. Coz we're not on the same wavelength as far as "how things should go" is concerned. I'm kinda old school, and he's very laid-back. So, his idea of courtship is entirely different from mine. What he perceives as a lot of effort, to me is casual, by-the-way gestures.

HeadinCloud,
You know - that was true back when we first met. He was very much cheered up by my company. I even got the Sun for his feelings back then. And, he told me later that spending time with me made it "a sunny day" for him. Tarot is SO spot-on sometimes, quite literally. We had both, attraction, and that peaceful vibe you speak of. I am just not sure if it translates to how he feels now.

~Lolita~

I think that's a very astute interpretation, but possibly reversed. 6/Swords isn't just sailing away from something, it's sailing towards something. And usually that something is a coming together--better communication. So he might well feel that you two didn't understand each other (hence, you avoiding him) and he wants to sail away from *that* toward understanding, renewed communication and re-uniting.

If that's the case, then the 7/Pents is him patiently waiting. The card's name is "Failure" so he may well have felt that he failed with you. And yes, if he put time and effort into this, that is frustrating. BUT the card also has an element of waiting for new opportunities to turn up. The understanding that even if this particular opportunity was a bust, you can still (with patience) find a new one and turn things around.

It seems to me that both cards are saying that he feels things didn't go right. But he also feels that if you give him a new opportunity, you two can get it right. I think the 7/Pents is showing that he's waiting for you to talk to him. Waiting for that new chance to understand you, and for you to understand him.

Brilliant! How did you know?
Yes, there was a sort of misunderstanding. And some things didn't go right. Communication is not exactly our strong suit. Which is ironic, considering we have, between us, 5 planets in Virgo. Ha!
I have been wondering if I should talk to him. Maybe I will.. :)

Thirteen

Which is ironic, considering we have, between us, 5 planets in Virgo.
Heh. Well, but those 5 planets in Virgo mean what you two have in common is likely a trendency to go "hermit" to deal with issues (i.e. Cutting off communication on your part, and him sitting home alone patiently--stubbornly?--waiting for you rather than giving up). It's not that surprising you two are having difficulties communicating. Virgo is an earth sign that prefers solitude to compromise.

Now if you two had 5 planets in Gemini between you, then it would be ironic that you're not communicating ;)

All that Virgo, however, might turn out to be better than if you did have them all in Gemini. You may not talk things out so easily, but you might be better at sensing what each other needs--once you understand each other better, that is.