Sharing a deck: Would you?

Zephyros

I, too, wouldn't share a deck. It seem superfluous, people can just buy their own. And I'm pretty attached to mine. I've given decks away, but I see no reason to actively share them. In some ways a Tarot deck is personal to me the way I wouldn't share underwear.

G6

I, too, wouldn't share a deck. It seem superfluous, people can just buy their own. And I'm pretty attached to mine. I've given decks away, but I see no reason to actively share them. In some ways a Tarot deck is personal to me the way I wouldn't share underwear.

Bahahaha. 😂😂😂😂 What are you doing with your tarot decks, Z?!

Zephyros

Bahahaha. �������� What are you doing with your tarot decks, Z?!

I do nothing in common with either, I can assure you. :D

But sharing a Tarot deck holds the same level of intimacy for me, I guess. It just seems... unseemly somehow.

I think gregory got it right. If we were both living in the same house and there was a big collection so there would be no problem. But one of my personal, longstanding decks? No, I couldn't. But if we're talking an evening with a bunch of Tarot readers, which I had the privilege to do with members from here over the years, then that's fine. We all swapped and read with the decks that each bought, and it was fun seeing people handle my decks with the same reverence I do.

Thoughtful

l would not want to share or have a another person use my favourites, they are just too precious, l love them so dearly. But with my other decks l have no problem in letting my daughter or friends look trough them and try their hand at reading. Hubby not interested in my tarot decks as his all time favourite is the Medicine Animal cards which he puts into use daily.

spinnachie

nah this is not something I would do...my cards are my cards...

sometimes I bring them to work with me, and I will work with them on my lunch hour...and for the most part no one touches anything on my desk...this one girl though she has to fiddle with everything when she comes into say hi and one day she saw my cards and she was like "ooohhh tarot" and went to reach for them, I looked at her and said "don't even think about" she stopped in her tracks and was like "whats wrong" and I said "don't ever touch someones tarot cards unless you have permission...realistically you shouldn't touch anything of anyones without their permission, but especially someones cards"

she didn't like that I said it but I don't like that she was gonna touch my cards so we're even lol

DDwarks

I actually wouldn't mind sharing with any of you guys ! I know they'd be valued and treated with respect.
The rest of the world can just do one! Over my dead body lol

Peace!

Le Fanu

Only if it was my other half - as in, already in the house, full access to my things.

The only other circumstances I can think of is post-Armageddon and one single, scorched tarot deck left and having to share it with others.

FLizarraga

nah this is not something I would do...my cards are my cards...

sometimes I bring them to work with me, and I will work with them on my lunch hour...and for the most part no one touches anything on my desk...this one girl though she has to fiddle with everything when she comes into say hi and one day she saw my cards and she was like "ooohhh tarot" and went to reach for them, I looked at her and said "don't even think about" she stopped in her tracks and was like "whats wrong" and I said "don't ever touch someones tarot cards unless you have permission...realistically you shouldn't touch anything of anyones without their permission, but especially someones cards"

she didn't like that I said it but I don't like that she was gonna touch my cards so we're even lol

Well done! :thumbsup: I can't stand grabbers.

Carojulie

Letting friends use your decks is one thing, co-owning a deck is another.

You would have to live together for it to make sense..... and even then.... I don't think so.
Not do it unless the circumstances were really tough (like we have to live on a desert island, or we have to board a space rocket and we are not allowed to have a lot of luggage....)

If it is a question of sharing the price of an expansive deck with a friend... I still think I would not do it.
I would rather my friend and I each own a cheap copy of the RWS, rather than co-own a Baba deck because none of use can afford the entire price.