7 of wands as something hidden

Adriana

As part of a reading 7 of wands showed up as what he is hiding from her, the two are dating for a long time.
What would you think he could be hiding/not telling? I was thinking that maybe he is trying not to let her In to his heart too much, fighting off his feelings?

Thirteen

Resistant?

I was thinking that maybe he is trying not to let her In to his heart too much, fighting off his feelings?
Or he might be hiding from her that he feels like he's under siege, being ganged up on. If she's pressing too hard, especially if friends/family are involved (does she want marriage?), then he might be hiding the fact that he feels like he's being pressured--urged to change when he doesn't want to change, or rush into something he doesn't want to rush into. He may be hiding from her that he's feeling very stubborn and resistant to something she wants him to go along with.

Barleywine

I think the Wands can be a self-righteous bunch in some situations. He's probably convinced that he's perfectly justified in his estimation of things. The whole idea of "valour" implies a certain desperation, extraordinary courage in the face of daunting odds. If he feels that his position is vulnerable, he'll probably "dig in" and won't be won over by any normal means. But Wands could also mean he has some kind of enterprise going on the side that he prefers to keep to himself. It could be speculative "risk-taking" of some sort, since Venus (the number "7") acquisitiveness and Mars (card ruler) adventurousness together could make for some "high-stakes" gambles.

Adriana

Thanks, Thirteen and Barleywine for both of your insightful comments about this seven, and both ways could very well make sense...

Or he might be hiding from her that he feels like he's under siege, being ganged up on. If she's pressing too hard, especially if friends/family are involved (does she want marriage?), then he might be hiding the fact that he feels like he's being pressured--urged to change when he doesn't want to change, or rush into something he doesn't want to rush into. He may be hiding from her that he's feeling very stubborn and resistant to something she wants him to go along with.

This is true, but he doesn't really hide that he feels like that sometimes :D Maybe that feeling and attitude goes deeper than she thinks and that's the hidden part.
One aspect here is that sometimes he expects a level of commitment from her that he isn't willing to give himself always... And that is a reason why she pressure him a bit.

I think the Wands can be a self-righteous bunch in some situations. He's probably convinced that he's perfectly justified in his estimation of things. The whole idea of "valour" implies a certain desperation, extraordinary courage in the face of daunting odds. If he feels that his position is vulnerable, he'll probably "dig in" and won't be won over by any normal means. But Wands could also mean he has some kind of enterprise going on the side that he prefers to keep to himself. It could be speculative "risk-taking" of some sort, since Venus (the number "7") acquisitiveness and Mars (card ruler) adventurousness together could make for some "high-stakes" gambles.

He is soooooo self righteous sometimes, you are spot on here! I think also she is starting for feel how stubborn he may be on his ideas, and when it comes down to it he isn't always so willing to compromise, but he used to be able to talk around things a lot, in some cases even making it seem like her idea lol.. So sometimes he hides how strong his conviction is pretending to really consider her point of view.. I do not know (asked her) what the risk taking could refer to, but I cant rule that out!

headincloud

As the card of defences could it be he's hiding his defensiveness or else he's using defences to conceal something else but that could be anything so you'd need to address the cards I guess.