Biddy's Finding Love spread

WolfSwan

I got an interesting few cards in Biddy's Finding Love spread. I used Gilded Tarot, no reversals.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34070

I've only listed the cards that I need help with, making less that 50% of the positions.

Your Internal Self - 7 Swords

Is this about self-sabotage? Or perhaps being too independent? Or fear that I'll be cheated on again, or deceived?

What has been holding you back from finding love – 5 Pentacles

Feeling isolated, abandoned, left out, not asking for help from others, not seeing the light that's in front of me?

How can you overcome any issues expressed in the first card -
How you have been receiving love –
How you have been giving love –
What areas you still need to work on to give and receive love –
What areas aid you in giving and receiving love –

What is your untapped resource that will assist you in finding love – Death

A complete transformation and change which I have indeed being going through?

Your External Self
How do others perceive you in relationships –
What aspects of yourself do you need to emphasise to others when pursuing a relationship –
What aspects of yourself do you need to de-emphasise to others when pursuing a relationship –
Who would be the right person for you -

What is the most positive thing you can do in the next three months to find your partner – Ace of Cups

Be open to love, give love freely, dive deep into my emotions, do things I love doing?

The outcome in twelve months – King of Swords

This I find the hardest to interpret. Will I be in a relationship with someone very intellectual, strict and serious, perhaps a lawyer or someone who is a good communicator, or will I be displaying those characteristics in 12 months??

Mittkait

My thoughts on some of the cards.

7 of Swords - The trickster card. I don't read reversals but blend positive and negative aspects of the card.

The card warns you of possible love interests who are just playing the field and using you for their own amusement or self esteem. But since it is an internal card, it may be warning you that you are ALWAYS seeing potential love interests as tricksters. Many could be truly sincere but your paranoia is getting in the way. So step back and see everyone clearly, don't let your mind jump to conclusions.

5 of Pentacles - This card refers back to 7 of Pentacles. If you are seeing people as guilty before they can prove themselves innocent, than you may be also seeing yourself neglected when that isn't the case. Don't let your own thoughts doom you before you have the facts.

Death - Letting go of the 7 of Swords plus the 5 of pentacles way of thinking. You are changing to be more open and taking chances. Is it scary to let people in? Of course, but that is what is required in order to find love.

Ace of Cups - Don't beat yourself up or put yourself down. Extend compassion to yourself. You are worthy of interest.

King of Swords - Again since I read it as positive and negative it is a help and a warning against hindrances.

This King is a fair man and uses his judgement with compassion. But he isn't a push over. Be strong, be fair and understanding to others and yourself. On the flip side, be wary of being too judgmental. Don't swing the justice sword without thought. If the Sword Queen can be too sarcastic in her dealings, the Sword King can be too indifferent.

If this is a person who interests you, be patient and don't be thin skinned. Truth and honesty means a lot to this person. They also may be so honest to the point of pain for you and himself/herself. It's up to you to decide if you want this kind of connection.

WolfSwan

My thoughts on some of the cards.

7 of Swords - The trickster card. I don't read reversals but blend positive and negative aspects of the card.

The card warns you of possible love interests who are just playing the field and using you for their own amusement or self esteem. But since it is an internal card, it may be warning you that you are ALWAYS seeing potential love interests as tricksters. Many could be truly sincere but your paranoia is getting in the way. So step back and see everyone clearly, don't let your mind jump to conclusions.

I like your interpretation of this card. Yes, I see what you mean here. I have played both sides - being too naive and being used in the past, and also now tending to be wary that another person will come in with the same tricks and I'll be fooled and heart broken again (hope not!).

5 of Pentacles - This card refers back to 7 of Pentacles. If you are seeing people as guilty before they can prove themselves innocent, than you may be also seeing yourself neglected when that isn't the case. Don't let your own thoughts doom you before you have the facts.

Yes, I agree with this totally. A tendency to perhaps see myself as a victim in the past, although as you say below, I'm letting go of this.

Death - Letting go of the 7 of Swords plus the 5 of pentacles way of thinking. You are changing to be more open and taking chances. Is it scary to let people in? Of course, but that is what is required in order to find love.

Very much at the stage where I'm at, so this resonates completely.

Ace of Cups - Don't beat yourself up or put yourself down. Extend compassion to yourself. You are worthy of interest.

This is true. Self-love and self-worth are both things that I am gaining and practising and focusing on.

King of Swords - Again since I read it as positive and negative it is a help and a warning against hindrances.

This King is a fair man and uses his judgement with compassion. But he isn't a push over. Be strong, be fair and understanding to others and yourself. On the flip side, be wary of being too judgmental. Don't swing the justice sword without thought. If the Sword Queen can be too sarcastic in her dealings, the Sword King can be too indifferent.

If this is a person who interests you, be patient and don't be thin skinned. Truth and honesty means a lot to this person. They also may be so honest to the point of pain for you and himself/herself. It's up to you to decide if you want this kind of connection.

Your take on the King of Swords is much kinder than mine. It's not someone that I'm interested in. My ex often appears as the King of Swords. It's not a person that I am very drawn towards energetically any more. I don't like the utter indifference that a more negative KoS can display. I need a more nurturing and gentler, loving hand, not a sarcastic, caustic tongue and judgmental attitude. I like open-mindedness, although I can be very Queen of Swords myself with a penchant and need for fairness, truth and honesty. But I deliver it was aplomb - I often come up as Empress - nurturing, but in charge of my world and my place in it. I've learned that much! Hopefully the KoS isn't another energy like that coming in.

I hope it's more about looking and seeing things clearly perhaps.