Olympic Tarot (5 1/2) Intermezzo

Huck

Well ... :) .... holidays ....

Nobody replies to my serious approaches to modify Greek mythology into a Tarot. Probably nobody ever heard from a person like Iapetos ... for instance. Or Koios and Krios ... blanks in the mind.

Well ... perhaps you don't understand the message ... Tarot started with Greek mythology ... or you never did read the article about the Michelino deck ...

http://trionfi.com/0/b/

... and for Alain ... Pythagoras lived about 200 years near to Hesiod, any neoplatonic thinker of the academy of Florence lived with about 2000 years difference ...

.... this tells something.

Pythagoreans made their oath considering the Tetraktys and the Tetraktys - a hidden object - had something to do with the numbers 1,2,3,4 ... You think, it means 1+2+3+4 "only"? Sorry, that's a little innocent ... these Pythagoreans called themselves "mathematicans" and had their pride in being able to think a little more complicated.

What's 1,2,3,4? I tell you, that's the mathematical body of the I-Ching.

1 = Tao
2 = Yin - Yang
3 = earth - man - heaven; the basic triade
4 = the 4 seasons, which means in Chinese terminology small yang, big yang, small yin, big yin (or 6 - 7 - 8 - 9) or in philosophical dimension

a. come in existence
b. be in existence
c. leave existence
d. not existence

What is 1, 2, 3, 4?

It's the easiest way to arrange objects in your mind.

Your mind arranges things in two alternative groups:

light - dark ... etc. - the whole universe you arrange in patterns of two mental elements

that's the first step of thinking. You start to think in this way, before you know, how to speak.

Your mind arranges things in patterns of 3 elements.

father, mother and child ... thesis, antithesis and synthesis

With that starts the idea of motion and development. You've this idea before you can speak.

Your mind arranges things in patterns of 4 elements.

Mama comes, Mama is there, Mama leaves, Mama is not there ...

You make this observation before you can speak.

Before you can speak, you've already learnt the basics of the I-Ching and you've already learnt to arrange some more complex mental sorting elements just with this basic elements. You don't learn such things late in life ... you learn them very early. Later, when your mind has developed and patterns got much more complicated and you're able to deal with them, you've difficulties to understand, that all this mental excursions have a very easy mystery ... You're the thinker and you've the tendency to think very simple.

The mystery of this process is called Tetraktys - by the Pythagoreans.

The Sphinx put it in this way: What runs in the morning with 4 feet, in the middle of the day with 2 and at the evining with 3? Well, Oedipus knew, it's man.

Hesiod and Pythagorean thinkers talked about the same mystery ... also the wise men of China and elsewhere.

But nobody know Iapetos ... .-)