Horary Readings Round 7 - Questions

Ronia

Minderwiz, when you're back, could you please give me a hand with this chart: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=90x4c3&s=6 The question was if anything positive/romantic will develop between me and K. We live far away now, haven't met in more than two years, last worked together in 2009, and I wrote a letter to a collegue of his (as I don't have K's current contacts). He (K.) is the Moon which confuses me a bit because the Moon will first trine Jupiet, ruler of my 3rd house, then oppose Mercury, ruler of his 3rd house before perfecting a trine with me, Saturn. Does it mean he will read and respond? I'd like to think so as neither Jupiter, nor Mercury are malefics. Also, I don't really feel like taking Venus as his significator although she is in his 1st house... I think it shows my affection towards him. The Sun will also make a sextile to Venus in 15 degrees (the Moon will trine Saturn in 15 degrees as well), could I take this as 15 weeks or not? Does the final trine bode well for us?

Thank you for the help!

Minderwiz

I'm back home now and I'll deal with the questions over the next couple of days.

First I have a couple of questions;

Ronia

Could you tell me the date, time and place of the chart. It has an ascendent of 3 degrees 39 minutes which is quite early and raises a question about the chart's validity for this particular question.

NamasteIndia

Is the situation still the same? If so have you paid all the money? If things are still the same I think the question is , 'Will we get possession......?'

Ronia

Hi Minderwiz, the chart was cast on August 29, 2012 at 16:46 in Sofia, Bulgaria. I actually think the early Asc, but still pass the 3 degrees mark, describes the situation correctly - this is something very very new and in its fetal stage. Looking at the rest of the chart, I think it's good, as much as I can judge by the placement of the planets.

Oops, I've made a mistake in the previous post, the Sun can not make a sextile to Venus, apparently, please ignore this.

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz, the chart was cast on August 29, 2012 at 16:46 in Sofia, Bulgaria. I actually think the early Asc, but still pass the 3 degrees mark, describes the situation correctly - this is something very very new and in its fetal stage. Looking at the rest of the chart, I think it's good, as much as I can judge by the placement of the planets.

Oops, I've made a mistake in the previous post, the Sun can not make a sextile to Venus, apparently, please ignore this.

I've cast a chart for these details using both Solar Fire and Morinus. Both agree on an Ascendant of 4 Cp 07 which removes my concern about the chart being invalid and really confirms your point about it showing an early stage in the relationship. the difference between your posted chart and mine appears to be less than 2 minutes of time, so I'm not really bothered about that discrepency. The chart is fit to be judged. The discrepency does make one difference that could be significant, the MC is now in Scorpio at just under a minute of latitude. This means I would treat Saturn as being ninth house, rather than tenth, as the closeness to the MC would lead me to treat it as angular, if it was in the same sign.

Yes I'd also take the Moon for him, rather than Venus. Using Placidus cusps the Moon would be within 5 degrees of the Second House cusp and in a different sign - which symbolically suggests he's moving away from you, either physically or simply in terms of the question. I use Regiomontanus cusps which put the Moon firmly in the second, and do not carry that symbolism of moving away. The Moon in Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, so there is clear symbolism that the he has feelings for you, especially as Saturn is also the Triplicity ruler.

The problem is that whilst the Moon is in dignities of Saturn, Saturn is not in any dignity of the Moon. So whilst Saturn is in the ninth House of travel and dreams, which is a good placement for this question, I don't see your feelings being other than 'academic' when it comes to him.

The Moon is actually moving to a trine with Saturn but as you point out the Moon will first trine Jupiter and then oppose Mercury, so we have a case of prohibition here. Jupiter will not make any aspect to Saturn, before Saturn changes sign, so Jupiter cannot bring the light of the Moon to Saturn either.

There's no connection through Antiscia, so we are left with the issue of do we use the additional Significators of Venus (for you) and Sun (for him). They would be used in a question related to marriage, but here we've got the first very tentitive step by one 'partner' to seek the attention of the other. I would have reservations there.

However taking a look anyway (LOL) shows no connection between Sun and Venus or between Sun and Saturn or even Moon and Venus.

There's little to suggest the relationship will come about here though (and it's a big 'though') as the Ascendant indicates it's early days and in such circumstances I wouldn't really expect a chart showing a 'happy ending' but one that shows some possibilities. He is probably amenable (Moon in dignities of Saturn) but the likely obstacle is actually you - are you doing the chart just to see or have you serious feelings for him (not really shown in the chart). By all means pursue the relationship, if you really want to be serious, because I don't think he will be other than receptive.

If the first steps go well then come back and ask a question about whether this will indeed result in a more permanent arrangement.

Attachments

• Ronia Chart.jpg
    Ronia Chart.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 142

NamasteIndia

NamasteIndia

Is the situation still the same? If so have you paid all the money? If things are still the same I think the question is , 'Will we get possession......?'

Situation still the same....we are hanging unsurely
dont know what will happen
So question remains the same....

Ronia

Hi, Minderwiz, thanks for the help! Here are some of my thoughts.

I don't know why you got a different Ascendant, may be it took me a few minutes to save the chart on my computer. I vast it again now for 16:45 and I got the Asc pretty much the same, difference a couple of minutes, may be because I use Placidus.

Can you please tell me what difference it would make if Saturn is on the MC? Because that's where he is in my chart.

I have the Moon in the first and I remember reading this shows the interest of the other person. But I thought the same about Venus in his 1st house in the sign of the Moon - if Venus represents me, this would show my interest towards him. I'm writing this to explain about my feelings - they are far from academic. LOL I think Saturn in the 9th represents the fact that I'm away from him, very far away.

Now, the main point is that you're completely right - the chart is not to show final outcome at this point. But I was mostly interested if the translation of light the Moon (ruler of the question/action as well, right, not only his significator?) will perform from Jupiter (my 3rd house ruler) to Mercury (his 3rd house ruler) suggests that he will read my writing and respond? This is my only way of communication with him right now and it's through another person, a woman (Moon?). That's why it's important.

Or is there another indication in the chart about possible communication or meeting? I couldn't find another but I'm a novice.

I also wanted to share something: my Bday is next month and today I cast a chart asking if there will be any communication between me and this man around my Bday, will he congratulate or at least respond to my previous letter. And guess what - the chart is almost the same! Same significators, just the Asc is in the middle of capricorn already. If you want to take a look, I'll appreciate it: September 26, 3:47 pm, Sofia, Bulgaria. The Moon again translates light between Mars and Venus, our 3rd house rulers. But here she first opposes Venus (his 3rd house ruler) then squares Mars (my 3rd house ruler) and she is only 2 degrees from this happening. As far as I remember Lillie says the type of aspect doesn't matter but is that so?

Is there translation of light signifying possible communication in both charts or am I off?

OK, I also find in both charts aspect between our 5th house rulers. In the one you took a look at, it's upcoming square between Venus and Mars, not the best possible but still existing. In the one I cast today, it's between Mercury and Jupiter, it's a trine and it's very close... Should I consider these too? As possibility of a meeting or flirt or communication?

daisy chain

hi may i ask another question

what will happen between me and w romantically

thx

haleyw

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=160608&page=6

You did this reading for me and I asked if I would meet someone important within a year. A few weeks before that year was up, I did and it's exactly how it was described by you. Off and on and not easy, but in other ways great.

Could you please do another regarding us, from now? Many thanks

Minderwiz

Hi, Minderwiz, thanks for the help! Here are some of my thoughts.

I don't know why you got a different Ascendant, may be it took me a few minutes to save the chart on my computer. I vast it again now for 16:45 and I got the Asc pretty much the same, difference a couple of minutes, may be because I use Placidus.

Changing the House system in a quadrant based chart will not change the Ascendent. Only the intermediate cusps will change (houses 2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12). I've recast the chart using a third program and got exactly the same 4 degrees 7 minutes rising, so I think the web page your're using is the probable cause of the error (unless you made a data entry error, which I very much doubt)

Ronia said:
Can you please tell me what difference it would make if Saturn is on the MC? Because that's where he is in my chart.

As above the MC difference is most likely a software error, so the true MC is almost certainly Scorpio. If it had been Libra, and with Saturn conjunct the MC and it's Exaltation and Triplicity ruler, Saturn would be the most powerful planet in the chart' dominating it. The later MC only weakens this slightly, Saturn is still the dominant planet. However as an indcator of you, it would shift your focus from ninth house matters to tenth house matters. As that still includes Actions, it would suggest that you have massive power to act here, even if he is remote from you. The later MC, puts Saturn in the ninth and shifts the emphasis to distance (the ninth deals with overseas travel) and dreams, (which I think are the two relevant ninth house matters here).

Ronia said:
I have the Moon in the first and I remember reading this shows the interest of the other person. But I thought the same about Venus in his 1st house in the sign of the Moon - if Venus represents me, this would show my interest towards him. I'm writing this to explain about my feelings - they are far from academic. LOL I think Saturn in the 9th represents the fact that I'm away from him, very far away.

The other person's significator in the first, shows their interest in you - they are coming to your territory (literally), This tends to show them as the vulnerable party as well as making clear their desires. This is weakened to the extent that the significator is more distant from the Ascendent, so usually more than 15 degrees or in the next sign shows that they have some interest but not as much as being in your house (remember that originally signs were seen as the domicile or house of a planet. The Greeks actually referred to what we call houses as 'places' and that is probably a better distinction). The situation in this chart is further complicated because Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius, so I would not reduce the level of interest as much as I would if we were dealing with a different sign ruler. So we have a situation where the Moon is in a domicile of Saturn (though not the one containing the Ascendent) and with Placidus cusps is in the first (but only just by degree). Because it lies only three and a half degrees from the Second House cusp, many traditional Astrologers would have treated it as second House being that close.

Venus in the seventh is only your significator, if we fall back onto the use of the additional significators for marriage. I'm not sure that the question is strong enough to do that - we haven't reached first base yet lol. But in a sense that issue is moot because there's no combination of yours and his significators pointing to a perfected outcome. It's an early days chart and indicates promise at this stage, but no more (and promise at this stage is good).

Ronia said:
Now, the main point is that you're completely right - the chart is not to show final outcome at this point. But I was mostly interested if the translation of light the Moon (ruler of the question/action as well, right, not only his significator?) will perform from Jupiter (my 3rd house ruler) to Mercury (his 3rd house ruler) suggests that he will read my writing and respond? This is my only way of communication with him right now and it's through another person, a woman (Moon?). That's why it's important.

Or is there another indication in the chart about possible communication or meeting? I couldn't find another but I'm a novice.

Translation of light only works if Significator A aspects (or is aspected by) Planet C and Planet B's next aspect is to Significator B. That Significator A cannot aspect another planet first and then Planet C, having been aspected by Significator A, aspect another planet before aspecting Significator B. Thus the aspects to Jupiter and Mercury which the Moon makes, before aspecting Saturn tells us that the translation will not occur.

Your question doesn't directly include communications

Ronia said:
The question was if anything positive/romantic will develop between me and K
though you did mention it in the background information. This is where framing the question becomes very important - the chart relates to the relationship, not the communications -we need to take some care in pulling in other issues that are not directly dependent on the question. That being said the Application of the Moon to Jupiter (your third house ruler) suggests that he will receive your communication.

Now we know that you sent the communication, so the above aspect is a reasonable indicator that it will get through (and as you used a third party, that is good news). His response though is problematical here. The question doesn't really address the issue of will he reply, only will there be a relationship.

The Moon's opposition to Mercury (ruler of his third house) that follows might indeed suggest action on his part but, given it's an oppostion, it could be a negative response, or it might simply indicate their will be a response but only with considerable difficulty. If there were a response, then Mercury's application by sextile to Saturn suggests that you will receive it. There are quite a few 'ifs' here and a possibility that the response would be negative, even if you did receive it.

Given that degree of uncertainty I think we are stretching the question too far and it would be better to ask a separate question about the communications/a positive response from him.

Your Astrololgy here is quite good it's a matter of what weight we put on the aspects. I would not guarantee a response form this chart but I would say that there are some positive indications in that direction and one rather strong negative one. Try asking a separate question on the lines of 'Will I get a positive reply to my letter?' and see if that sheds more light on the matter.

I'll have a look at your other issue in another post.

Minderwiz

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=160608&page=6

You did this reading for me and I asked if I would meet someone important within a year. A few weeks before that year was up, I did and it's exactly how it was described by you. Off and on and not easy, but in other ways great.

Could you please do another regarding us, from now? Many thanks

Yes by all means. Please formulate a new question, covering the next six months to a year and related to what you would like/hope to happen.

hi may i ask another question

what will happen between me and w romantically

thx

Yes not a problem but please give me a time period to use, say 6 months to a year and what you hope will happen, e.g. marriage, live in relationship, engagement,