Horary Readings Round 7 - Questions

Minderwiz

Can you please tell me about the North Node? I tried to find info on North Node conjunct Dsc and about Moon conjunct the ruler of the Dsc and after that the North Node but since I'm using the web only, have no books here, I couldn't find much. Just for the sake of learning, not this particular chart which is not about a relationship. Thanks a lot!

I've never been able to get a cleat view of this in horary, either :)

The situation appears to be

1. The North Node is of the nature of Jupiter and Venus (it's naturally benefic).

2. The South Node is of the nature of Saturn and Mars (it's naturally malefic)

3. The North Node is exalted in Gemini, the South Node in Sagittarius

4. Planets in aspect to the North Node benefit (it boosts their positive side).

5. Planets in aspect to rhe South Node suffer (it boosts their negative side)

The problem with this is:

A planet cannot make a major aspect to one, without making a major aspect to the other, so how do we balance that in a reading?

I tend to keep to Conjunctions, and some trines only. It's possible to distinguish between the strength of sinister and dexter squares but I really don't see any gain by doing so. So a planet Conjunct theNorth Node gains, one conjunct the South Node looses. But not by much unless it's very close and their are other factors that support it.

Strictly speaking the Nodes cannot conjoin an angle. Both are points and therefore have no 'body' or orbs but clearly we often use the phrase. It's actually better to consider the Node's ruler in those circumstances. Is it strong or weak in the chart. Only do that though if it's only a degree or less from the angle. Otherwise take it simply as one indicator of positive things related to the house it's in.

Concepts borrowed from Vedic Astrology or injected by Theosophists relating to Karma or reincarnation are not a part of traditional Astrology but even if the were not, how do you build them into a horary, which deals with real world outcomes?

Ronia

I see. Thank you for the insight. I wasn't able to find much on the North Node. And you're right when aspecting the NN, a planet will aspect the Sn as well... Hm. I'll try to find something if I can.

pacificwaters

Yes I am :)

When you say 'marital life', are you already married? If so what specifically do you want to know?

If you are not married, are you in a relationship and are you hoping that this will turn into a marriage? Please can you give me some background to your situation and your specific focus here. Then I can give you a more specific reading

After having had a heartening exchange with you on a question about astrology in the past, I am very happy to know you are still taking questions :)

A bit of a background about my question in accordance with what you asked - Yes, I am married for about 4 and a half years. The last two years have been very turbulent, with my wife not co-habiting with me for reasons best know to her. She returned back this August to stay with me, but is still not ready for any ceasefire or for granting me a divorce. I am at my wits end as to how my marital life would be ahead if this were to be a permanent scenario, and hence the question..!

I hope I have been specific. If you need more details, please let me know.

Minderwiz

After having had a heartening exchange with you on a question about astrology in the past, I am very happy to know you are still taking questions :)

A bit of a background about my question in accordance with what you asked - Yes, I am married for about 4 and a half years. The last two years have been very turbulent, with my wife not co-habiting with me for reasons best know to her. She returned back this August to stay with me, but is still not ready for any ceasefire or for granting me a divorce. I am at my wits end as to how my marital life would be ahead if this were to be a permanent scenario, and hence the question..!

I hope I have been specific. If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks for the background and I understand the issue. Three questions seem possible:

1. Will the situation change over the period (12 months)?

2. Will she reconcile with me?

3. Will she give me a divorce?

The latter two are nuances of the first one but might be more in line with your concerns. Please tell me which of the three fits best (or amend if none is quite right) and I'll do the reading

YDM42

I'm not sure if you are still taking sitters? I am going to post my question and if you are, then we shall see what comes about. I am concerned about my way of working through things in life, I am not sure where it stems from, I am creative, but pragmatic, I tend to like large projects, with many layers, yet i find myself sometimes jumping from one idea to another. Up till now this has paved the way for me to have a very small sense of accomplishment. I do not feel as though I am reaching my full potential in life, yet a solution eludes me. << Is there anything in my chart that would point to a solution, some area in my life, or some motivation or occupation that will totally engage me to the point that I will be engage and encouraged enough to stick with it?>> That is the question, and again it my way of thinking and functioning in this world would not be a problem if, I didn't always have this nagging feeling of not succeeding at what I set out to do. Is is that I am too idealized, I am thinking too big, or am I being too judgmental and critical of myself, or is it as simple as not giving myself credit? What do my charts say about how successful or unsuccessful I will or can be in this life if i found the area in which I could apply myself? I have always thought the solution for me, or the thing that was missing for me was that I did not have a stable relationship / home base from which to function. Even though I tried forcing that at one time, (getting into a relationship that provided stability and not much love) I have to admit that I was very successful career wise- but suicidal other wise and i had this feeling that I would die if i remained in that relationship. So where does my stability lie, where do I find the base that I need in order to function to my full potential? Let me know if you understand the question.

pacificwaters

Thanks for the background and I understand the issue. Three questions seem possible:

1. Will the situation change over the period (12 months)?

2. Will she reconcile with me?

3. Will she give me a divorce?

The latter two are nuances of the first one but might be more in line with your concerns. Please tell me which of the three fits best (or amend if none is quite right) and I'll do the reading

The first one fits best for my scenario. Kindly read for this question (as I think Q 2 would also be self contained in it).

Question 3 seems impossible, given the fact that she wont grant me divorce. She is absolutely determined about it.

Ronia

Again the focus of your question as stated is on communication....more specifically will he communicate with you. The Moon is again in Aquarius (we're a lunar month on) so He's still ruled by Saturn (and so is predisposed to a relationship). His third, is the radical ninth - cusp in Libra and is ruled by Venus. Venus is currently in the seventh House (with him) but the Moon is applying to an opposition with Venus, so I take that as being the point at which he will or will not send the communcation. Saturn is in the sign of Venus (you want the communication) but Venus is in the Detriment of Saturn (so I'm not sure he will send it or it will not be a positive response). Venus is applying to a sextile with Saturn, though it's currently in a partile square with Mars, (your third house ruler and therefore your communication to him).

At the same time Mars is being squared by the Moon. So he got your letter (confirming the first chart), and he will shortly make a decision to respond to it. If he does you will certainly receive it. The issue is whether it will be positive news or not what you had hoped.

For positive news, there is the Moon in the dignities of Saturn, Venus in the dignity of Mars (your letter) a forming sextile between Venus and Saturn and Mars in a dignity of Venus. However the mutual reception between Venus and Mars is very weak.

For a negative response we have Moon opposing Venus (either suggests no letter or a negative letter) Venus in the Detriment of Saturn and Venus squaring Mars and Venus squaring the North Node which it will perfect in the same degree as Saturn.

There's indicators in both directions, though I think the negative ones are rather stronger. I don't think that will necessarily be the end of the matter. It could just be that there will be difficulties which will delay the letter arriving or he is in two minds what to do. He's predisposed to a meeting but the other indicators suggest doubts.

Don't be surprised if you get something that is not positive but don't treat it as the end of the matter. Also don't be too disappointed if the communication doesn't arrive 'in the time frame'' This is not going to be too easy but again I don't seen this as a complete dead end. There's hope yet.

Lilly doesn't say squares don't matter, but he does say that something can still come to pass even if there's a square aspect involved, it just denotes difficulties or delays. However in this case we want not only the letter to arrive but also it's contents to be positive. For example the sextile between Venus and Saturn may be an easy aspect but that only suggests the letter will arrive quickly it doesn't guarantee the contents.

The aspect which worries me most here is the opposition between Moon and Venus, which suggests no response or a very delayed response, or a response that will not satisfy you.

Unless the letter says 'no chance' don't end things here, I think there is enough in the chart to keep this going a bit - he has positive feelings.

Minderwiz, you were right, there was no communication around my Bday (as was the question with this horary) which was a few days ago, just to give feedback. :) I'll wait for the other charts to develop.

Ronia

I have a question: in horary regarding a date, not a relationship, but just asking will there be a date, romantic outing, am I correct using the 5th house rulers? There is no history, no couple yet. The chart was cast on November 1, 13:45, Sofia, Bulgaria.

I'm asking because I see the ruler of the first person's 5th - Mercury is in the sign of the ruler of the other person's 5th - Jupiter and vise versa. However, Mercury and Jupiter are in opposition (applying). I once read Bonatti says that an opposition may work out if the planets are applying from a place where the accepting planet is dignified. Is the mutual reception such a case?

Moon has opposed Mercury already and her next aspect is to conjunct Jupiter further connecting the 5th house rulers of both people. The Moon has no other aspects prior to that to prohibit. Am I correct here?

Thank you for the help!

Minderwiz

I'll take a look but I have another chart to examine first, so it may be a day or so till I get round to it. Can I just check that like the rest of Europe, you are no longer on Daylight Saving Time?

I get an Ascendant of just over eleven and a half degrees Aquarius and that seems to fit your description of the chart. My initial thoughts are that what you are looking for is a contact between Person 1 (Saturn) and Person 2 (Mercury) their fifth ruler doesn't immediately come into it. A quick glance shows Saturn in Scorpio at 3 degrees and Mercury in Sagittarius at 2 degrees, so there's no major aspect forming.

You seem to have taken Person 2 as the Sun, but as you yourself point out, it's not a marriage/long term relationship question, not are they just another person. They are the object of a romantic interlude, and that's fifth House.

Just check to see if there's any other possible contact between Saturn and Mercury, such as antisicia, or translation of light.

Ronia

You're correct, we changed the time. Person A asked if there will be a date with person B anytime soon. Particularly interested in a romantic outing, date, dancing, such stuff. I decided to work with the 5th house rulers - Mercury and Jupiter only.

For the sake of learning, I just wanted to know what you think about an opposition between two planets in mutual reception (Mercury and Jupiter here in each other;s sign) further connected by the Moon ho first aspected Mercury and applies to conjunct Jupiter. Are such aspects enough to give a positive answer to the querent?