Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Bonny

The chart has Scorpio rising making your significator Mars. His significator is Venus.

Mars is in Gemini where it is exactly Cazimi, that is it is in a perfect conjunction with the Sun. Medieval Astrologers treated this as a strong accidental dignity, Mars is also in its own Terms, so yet more dignity. Howevber it's in the eighth house which is an idle or disconnected house. As it's in the Sun's beams it cannot be seen. So the current state is that you are signified as being out of communication with the outside world, or more particularly, given the question, him. It's not a strong position to be in because it signifies difficulty in effecting any action.

His significator, Venus is angular in the tenth house of the chart (his fourth house) in Leo and is co-present with Jupiter. Although there is no aspect by degree, they are close enough to have some effect on each other. Jupiter's effects are usually good.

You asked about his motivations for being out of touch. I usually take this from the essential dignities of the sign and house that his significator is in. To do that I need to turn the chart - that is see it from his point of view (or his significator's) His 'first house' is the seventh, of the chart. As I said above that puts his significator in his 'fourth house' That would suggest issues with fourth house meanings. That could be his home or his real estate. It could be his parents or the family in general. So to me his prime focus is on that area. Secondary priorities appear to be money - both his own and other people's (which might signify that of a relative, possibly a bequest, or of a partner (not necessarily romantic) or a loan. The issues about his own money might well be connected with that of other people's - a bequest or a loan directly affect his own finances. But it could simply relate to his earnings. I can't be specific here, not knowing the full circumstances, but money issues are there. They aren't a top priority but the are important. Sadly none of Venus' essential dignities belongs to Mars, nor for that matter do any of Mars' essential dignities belong to Venus.

There's no aspect forming between Mars and Venus, though by sign they are sextile, which is a favourable aspect for an outcome. This sextile by sign is much too weak to deliver anything related to the question.

The next thing is to look at the Moon. The Moon is in the very last degree of Taurus, the seventh house. It is about to oppose Saturn at 0 degrees Sagittarius when it changes sign to Gemini. I had initially hoped that the Moon's next aspect would be to Mercury, because that promised a possible translation of light, when Mercury aspected Venus by sextile. However the opposition to Saturn prohibits that from happening.

Up to now that suggests no change in the situation, at least in the short to medium term. The separation seems to be due to his concerns for parents/family/home and money though how closely interconnected those are, I'm not able to say.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help on this one.

Hi Minderwiz,

Dear oh dear this is an immense and great great unexpectedly detailed reading!!
It has given me a lot to think about. I hope it's ok to get back to you in a few days, with considered feedback?

Blessings and thanks!!!!
B:)

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz,

Dear oh dear this is an immense and great great unexpectedly detailed reading!!
It has given me a lot to think about. I hope it's ok to get back to you in a few days, with considered feedback?

Blessings and thanks!!!!

Of course take as much time as you want. For my part I don't claim that my readings are always correct. I'm a student of horary, not a master. Moreover horary gives a snapshot at one point in time that holds for the immediate future. I don't see it as being immutable and I don't see myself as always being correct.

So I'd be very interested in your tarot reading for the same issue. It could reveal something I've missed.

thrasheddoll

On the change, he'll stop moving away from you and start to move back towards you. I think this is likely to be a slow process and there's no guarantee that he will eventually want to renew the relationship, so the change is one of Direction but not necesssarily intensity.

On the issue of malefics, modern Astrology is rather hypocritical when it comes to judgements. Astrologers are quite willing to talk about things that are 'good' but reluctant to acknowledge that some things a re 'bad'. A malefic signifies something that is at best not good and at worst definitely bad. That doesn't mean that the planet causes the event or that it 'fights or has a war' no more than Jupiter causes good things to happen. A significator isn't a cause it's a sign that something might happen.

Everday life contains events that we label as 'good' or label as 'bad' that doesn't mean we can't do anything to stop either the 'good; happening (it might not if we behave in a way that's not conducive to it). Nor does it mean that the 'bad' thing will happen. We can usually take some action to avoid it or at least mitigate it.

So my view is that warning of things that might lead to bad things happening, is justified, in exactly the same way that shouting 'Look out!' is justified if you see someone about to walk in front of an oncoming car. or warning someone that smoking is bad for their health.

Traditional Astrology has two significators that tend to be associate with 'bad' things, though this is not always the case. Mars and Saturn can actually be associated with good things, if they are well dignified but usually fear, recklessness, over agression or inability to act are signified. All of those can be overcome.

As well as those two planets, Traditional Astrology allows for other planets to be 'bad' if poorly placed in the chart. A badly placed Venus can be associated with drunkeness, a badly placed Jupiter can be associated with over indulgence, and so on. Each planet has good points and bad points. In general Mars and Saturn are less likely to produce 'good' things (though they may teach badly needed lessons).

Overall, Traditional Astrology is biased towards the good things, there are more benefics than malefics most of the time and there are more 'good' houses than 'bad' houses all of the time.

So the point is that 'bad' things do happen and we shouldn't shy away from talking about them. However the object should never be to frighten the 'client', it should be to help the 'client' take suitable action to avoid or mitigate those unwanted events.

As clients differ, sometimes we probably would avoid using the word 'malefic' because of the sensitivity of the client. In modern English it has connotations of 'evil' which did not exist in the original Latin usage (and our use of the word 'evil' has also changed).

thank you for that, that was very helpful.. I'm also curious to know how you know that he has feelings for me.. are they romantic or platonic?

Minderwiz

thank you for that, that was very helpful.. I'm also curious to know how you know that he has feelings for me.. are they romantic or platonic?

In terms of positive feelings, Mercury is in one of the dignities of Jupiter - it happens to be the lowest dignity (in the medieval system) that of the decan ruled by Jupiter. That's why I said that you are not high on his list of priorities at the moment.

By definition the sevent house is the detriment for the ruler of the first house. So Mercury in Gemini is also in the detriment of Jupiter. That's seen as a negative factor by the medieval Astrologers and is treated as such in most horary readings. I'm beginning not to treat it as being so negative. Nevertheless it suggests he's ambivalent towards you at the moment. That his significator is in your seventh suggests that some romance or partnership is involved. However, don't go overboard on that. He has an interest but I don't see that interest being a major driver at the moment.

thrasheddoll

In terms of positive feelings, Mercury is in one of the dignities of Jupiter - it happens to be the lowest dignity (in the medieval system) that of the decan ruled by Jupiter. That's why I said that you are not high on his list of priorities at the moment.

By definition the sevent house is the detriment for the ruler of the first house. So Mercury in Gemini is also in the detriment of Jupiter. That's seen as a negative factor by the medieval Astrologers and is treated as such in most horary readings. I'm beginning not to treat it as being so negative. Nevertheless it suggests he's ambivalent towards you at the moment. That his significator is in your seventh suggests that some romance or partnership is involved. However, don't go overboard on that. He has an interest but I don't see that interest being a major driver at the moment.

you're right.. I think I posted this question about a month ago, maybe even more and I don't care as strongly anymore about the situation.. we haven't had contact and I haven't seen him around, which is what you said, he's been in hiding and you're exactly right

EDIT: ok maybe that's not entirely true, I saw him out thursday nite and I still have strong feelings for him

Minderwiz

Reading for anie

Hi,

I wonder if you can take a look at the friendship between myself (scorpio-nov1) an my male friend C (aries-apr1)

we are not in a relationship. we do have a past. we are friends at the time, but he is out of touch and I am curious about our connection moving forwards.. is the friendship separating now or is there possible connection/reconnection in the future (friendship or otherwise).. Thanks! Last saw him/spoke to him about a month ago..
anie

The chart I cast has Libra rising so you are singnified by Venus and he is signified by Mars (ruler of the opposite sign of Aries).

Venus is placed in Leo in the eleventh house. Venus is actually peregrine here, signifying no dignity and a dependency on others to help. However Venus is applying to a conjunction with the benefic Jupiter, which is the most benefic planet in this chart and it also itself being conjoined by the Moon, a benefic planet. So you have support for a good outcome. The ninth signifies hopes and friends, so you clearly have hopes for him even if that turns out to be friendship rather than romance.

Mars is placed in the ninth house in a conjunction to the Sun, which is just beginning to separate. Mars is combust, and this shows that he has not been visible for some time and indeed it wll be some time before Mars has a helical rising (becomes visible again).

By sign, Venus and Mars are sextile to each other. That sextile is weak, as by degree there is a wide separation. So the link between you still exists but it is not strong enough at the moment to signify the relationship beginning again.

The Moon is not going to translate the light from Venus to Mars, as it will aspect Mercury before it reaches Venus and then aspect Jupiter before it reaches Mars. Neither of those intermediate planets will aspect Mars as their next aspect either.

Neither Venus nor Mars is in a dignity of the other, so I don't see a strong indicator for attraction. What I do see is that when he 'reappears' the relationship is likely to be one of friendship at least within the period of this question - perhaps upwards of a year.

Enjoy the friendship when it comes, even if it's not strong. Things can always change in the longer term.

Attachments

• anie June 2015.jpg
    anie June 2015.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 79

Minderwiz

you're right.. I think I posted this question about a month ago, maybe even more and I don't care as strongly anymore about the situation.. we haven't had contact and I haven't seen him around, which is what you said, he's been in hiding and you're exactly right

EDIT: ok maybe that's not entirely true, I saw him out thursday nite and I still have strong feelings for him

Yes your feelings are stronger than his. Jupiter is in the Terms or Bounds of Mercury. He might not be your key priority but he's further up your list than you are on his. Of course things may change in the longer run. Horaries are always short term - two years at the most and shorter in most cases.

Bonny

Of course take as much time as you want. For my part I don't claim that my readings are always correct. I'm a student of horary, not a master. Moreover horary gives a snapshot at one point in time that holds for the immediate future. I don't see it as being immutable and I don't see myself as always being correct.

So I'd be very interested in your tarot reading for the same issue. It could reveal something I've missed.

This was very interesting Minderwiz and it brought some light on areas that had been hard to unveil. The tarot readings said the same - that it has been famiky, especually his mother, that he has been unable to move free enough from to give himself a chance at Love.
Interesting that my significator was not seen or having effect regards him. Ain't that the case!!

Yes he's very motivated by family and money. I'm a MUCH MUCH more independent person than he is and perhaps this would have become difficult. It's that we come from different cultures. Women in his culture do EVERYTHING for him. I think this has impaired his freedom in the new culture in which they live... There is intermingling of stuff that my background doesn't mix, hence it would be likely there'd be money mixed up in all that to.

He has said yes he thinks a good idea to meet and sort things out. I'm not looking forward to that because I really love him but on the other hand he's all but ignored me of a lot of the time I've known him so it's importat that I let him go to let someone ready in.

Thanks again Minderwiz!!!

anie

The chart I cast has Libra rising so you are singnified by Venus and he is signified by Mars (ruler of the opposite sign of Aries).

Venus is placed in Leo in the eleventh house. Venus is actually peregrine here, signifying no dignity and a dependency on others to help. However Venus is applying to a conjunction with the benefic Jupiter, which is the most benefic planet in this chart and it also itself being conjoined by the Moon, a benefic planet. So you have support for a good outcome. The ninth signifies hopes and friends, so you clearly have hopes for him even if that turns out to be friendship rather than romance.

Mars is placed in the ninth house in a conjunction to the Sun, which is just beginning to separate. Mars is combust, and this shows that he has not been visible for some time and indeed it wll be some time before Mars has a helical rising (becomes visible again).

By sign, Venus and Mars are sextile to each other. That sextile is weak, as by degree there is a wide separation. So the link between you still exists but it is not strong enough at the moment to signify the relationship beginning again.

The Moon is not going to translate the light from Venus to Mars, as it will aspect Mercury before it reaches Venus and then aspect Jupiter before it reaches Mars. Neither of those intermediate planets will aspect Mars as their next aspect either.

Neither Venus nor Mars is in a dignity of the other, so I don't see a strong indicator for attraction. What I do see is that when he 'reappears' the relationship is likely to be one of friendship at least within the period of this question - perhaps upwards of a year.

Enjoy the friendship when it comes, even if it's not strong. Things can always change in the longer term.

Thanks for this! I appreciate it. It makes sense for sure.. I am attracted to him, but out of sight out of mind. he did email me last week and tried to meet up a couple of times, but I was unable to be available so it is dormant again. Honestly, I adore him, but distance doesn't typically make my heart grow fonder lol... Friends is GOOD! Id hate to loose him completely.. we tend to be there for eachother when times are tough and then fade away again.. I guess each relationship we have happens for various reasons.
Many thanks for your time and energy!

Minderwiz

Reading for Ronia

Hi Minderwiz, whenever you're done with the rest and have time, please take a look at my job perspectives again. It's been four months since the last reading which was a bit odd: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4206919&postcount=371. I haven't found a new job yet but I keep applying. I mean not a job related to my current studying which won't be over till next year anyways (and you read for me on its perspectives). Thank you.

The chart cast has Virgo rising, making your significator Mercury. Mercury is in it's own sign of Gemini and that's the tenth whole sign house - it also contains the MC, though by Regiomontanus Mercury would be in the ninth. This strongly shows your desire for a new job. However the desire or priority alone doesn't necessarily mean that the job will come to you. You have to go looking - which you are already doing.

As both you and the job are ruled by Mercury, I need a different significator for the job, to examine the situation further. There are several ways of doing this but the usual preferred way is to go for a planet in the house. In this case there are two. Mars at 27 degrees and the Sun at 29 degrees. Both are late on in the sign, especially the Sun which is will pass into Cancer within six hours. So I'll use Mars.

Mars actually offers a reasonable outcome. Firstly it is in an applying conjunction with the MC but better still it's in a partile sextile to the Moon in Leo. As the Moon is your co-significator and as the aspect is not quite perfected *though it will perfect shortly) that suggests a successful outcome to the question.

Things to consider are:

Mars is peregrine in Gemini.
Mars is combust though now heading in the right direction
Mars is ruled by Mercury (your significator)
Mars is Direct
Mars is Oriental
Mars is angular in the tenth

Overall it just shades into positive dignity, more so if there's no subtraction for being Peregrine.

Negative points:

Mars may not be a good significator of your type of job. I would have thought Venus would be better (Mercury is applying to a sextile with Venus but Venus is in the twelfth, as is the Moon.

When I cast this chart I was allowing for you including your present employment in the question - so I could not at that point rule out an improvement in your current circumstances or at least no deterioration.

I took a look at income prospects to test for that one. Venus rules your second house of income. Venus is applying to Jupiter the benefic of Sect and just after it conjoins with Jupiter, Mercury (your significator) will sextile Jupiter. So Jupiter collects the light from Venus and passes it on to Mercury. That again is promising.

The overall outcome of this chart suggests that something positive should happen but I can't rule out that being an improvement in your current employment

All the other attempts I made to cast a chart based on the job being entirely new failed to produce a radical chart, all had malefics aspecting the first or seventh and two had either an early or late degree rising. So let's cross our fingers and hope that the first chart is the genuine chart. Keep those applications going and even think about asking for a raise. You have gone to the job, so you have to take the initiative.

Attachments

• Ronia Job Prospects June 2015.jpg
    Ronia Job Prospects June 2015.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 88