Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

Green Faerie

These are BRILLIANT. So perfect. :D Spot on about Hermione! She totally has both RWS and Thoth memorized, just to be thorough.

Dee Ell

:bugeyed: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have ruined this deck for me forever!!!!!!! *runs screaming into the woods*

Firstly, if that's the case, I'll be happy to take it off your hands Flizarraga ;)

But secondly I totally disagree THAT would be Umbridge's cat deck. No way - it has far too much humor and it's not saccharine enough. I agree she'd go for a traditional format though, so she'd most definitely have a Tarot of the White Cats! http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/white-cats/

Draco has a Pewter Edition Bohemian Gothic and his parents forced Magic Realist Press to add his image to several cards.

Bellatrix Lestrange skips tarot and goes straight to divination by entrails.

HAHAHHAHA - I'm dying! :D

I think Snape would have a Mutational Alchemy stashed away with spells on it so no one could see what it was if they came across it. It has so many levels upon levels for him to study and analyze as well as some very thothy eroticism which could appeal to Snape's.... years of repressed feelings shall we say? http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mutational-alchemy-tarot/

ETA: The images on AT don't really show what I'm talking about... I think for many reasons both superficial and not Snape would be particularly drawn to the suit of Blades in its entirety as well as the 6 of Alembics :D http://abrahadabra.com/mutational-alchemy-tarot-book/

rubyyarn

I forgot about Trelawney! Didn't even remember her using tarot at all. She even accurately predicted Dumbledore's death via tarot! How could I forget that? So, what deck do you think she used, FireCatPickles? I just did a google image search for it and no luck. A Visconti maybe? Given to her from her g-g-grandmother Cassandra no less.

I wish you could find it again, too! I'd love to read that. I have tomorrow off - I see me exercising my Google-Fu a LOT then if you can't find it.

AHHHHHHHH!!!! TOOOOO COOL! Or images that float out of the cards. You know how photos are animated in the Wizarding World - bet tarot card images would be animated, too! *pulls out her decks to look closely at the pictures and imagine them moving*

I forgot she was an animagus! A cat, right? Man, I need to re-read the books. I think I will, right after the Pratchett marathon I'm currently in the middle of (I'm reading them in order and only up to Moving Pictures, so that means I'll be done in ... oh ... about two years).

So, what deck did she have? Bohemian Cats? Pick a better one, HN. Bet you can't. *snicker* (Challenge accepted?)

Then they/them it is. I want to be a they/them. I think I will be now. {*insert rainbow smilie here*}

I kinda see her with Granny Jones :)

FLizarraga

Firstly, if that's the case, I'll be happy to take it off your hands Flizarraga ;)

Fat chance. :)

Though I have accumulated more copies of the BBCs than I care to admit, so I should probably unload at least one...

But secondly I totally disagree THAT would be Umbridge's cat deck. No way - it has far too much humor and it's not saccharine enough. I agree she'd go for a traditional format though, so she'd most definitely have a Tarot of the White Cats!

Nah. Too straight. I think Umbridge is a Doreen Virtue gal all the way. Nothing negative or scary, and loads of pink.

I think Snape would have a Mutational Alchemy stashed away with spells on it so no one could see what it was if they came across it. It has so many levels upon levels for him to study and analyze as well as some very thothy eroticism which could appeal to Snape's.... years of repressed feelings shall we say?

I hate you, I hate you, i HATE you! Just when my wish list was almost perfectly empty, you had to up and post this. I'm so enabled now, it's not even funny.

Luna's Crone

There are tarot cards in Harry Potter!

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Sybill_Trelawney

Sybill Trelawney uses them :)

509959_1281125873915_full.jpg

of course she would use them if she could see them. LOL but now i am going to sleep in my horse camper so i can have a 8 day harry potter film fest and maybe go thru the books too. my kids got me the book collection and first 6 dvds, and i got the last two dvds. I hope to get a deck, cuz I just love Snipe/Alan. was so shocked when he died. I was soooo sad for along time.

I can see it now, get a deck, have a film fest and reading cards fest all by myself. LOL

Luna's Crone

Hermione had an original RWS, along with Waite’s book, which she memorised, and she also read every definitive book on the RWS published over the last century.

Professor Sprout had all the herb and plant decks.

Now for a few nasties…

Dolores Umbridge used Doreen Virtue decks. })

I can believe it about professor Sprout and Hermione. I get creeped out thinking doreen Viture so it doesn't suprise me. Umbridge was a creepy nasty B*tch to the highest degree. OOO can't wait to start my harry potter festival.

Luna's Crone

I wonder if we watched the scenes with Sybill if there are cards laying around in the background we could catch a glimpse of? All we need is a good shot of the card backs!

I will be keeping and eye open for any decks and who has them for the next eight days. I use an old all in one desktop in my horse trailer as a tv to watch documentaries, movies, and things like that.

I can't wait cuz i start to night. but I will try to be as diligent as i can looking for deckss

Luna's Crone

I bet Fleur has a copy of the Joi de Vivre.

Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.

Parvati and Lavender each have a copy of the Lovers Tarot

Several well-meaning people have given Firenze a copy of the Mythic but he won't use it.

Seamus might have himself a Druidcraft

I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?

No. Ginny reminded me of the growth of Artemis. She was Harry's keeper and guardian in so many ways. and very deep. It is after they are Married, she becomes the Mother and eventually the crone. She is the perfect person to embody these personages. She's a person that would gather wisdom around her from her experiences, unlike hermionie who was more book smart.

Luna's Crone

I love on this thread pretty hard, I have to say. Fun concept...lemme have a go.

Dolores Umbridge - sorry, you're all wrong. She's a stickler for rules, so RWS clones are her bag. When she reads for herself (well, when she spies on everyone else), she uses the Baroque Bohemian Cats (my sympathies, greggers) and they talk to her and whisper-meow all the gossip to her. She's particular friends with the 2 of Swords who she's always trying to corrupt, and criticises her for her dress being yellow (of course she has the first edition, and of course the dress should be pink!). When she reads for others, she uses the Hanson-Roberts, whose Pollyanna-sweetness masking spiteful truths, easily misconstrued, complements Umbridge's own manipulative manner.

Moaning Myrtle - oh, how she loves to wallow in her sweet sadness! How she revels in the dusk of her tragically foreshortened life, inflicting the bittersweet scent of the dark lands on those still living! What deck could be better than the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight for her?

Sirius Black - the cosmopolitan, devastatingly handsome and slightly foppish rogue loves to dance on the edge of madness, and quietl delights in shocking those around him. Of course, he uses the Book of Kaos Tarot for his readings, which are loud, fast, and barely comprehensible.

Minerva MacGonagall - thoroughly respectable but with a tightly-wound sensual and rebellious streak, the Professor enjoys some quiet time with her Victorian Romantic Gold.

Alastor Moody - he likes to keep you off balance,and he also loves the insight he gets from a collaborative deck. The readings he gives with the 78 Tarot are unsettling and take the form of horrible warnings.

Luna Lovegood - I can see her having several decks, for her whimsical moods. One of them is a beautifully trimmed and diminutive Tarot of a Moon Garden, which she uses when she's sad. When she's happy or reading for someone else, she uses the Merryday Tarot. However, I have to say this is astonishingly apt: nice call.

Gilderoy Lockheart - he loves his Initiatory Tarots of the Golden Dawn. All those cartoon-beautiful people.

The are all great suggestions especially lockhart and sirus black.

Luna's Crone

I think Snape would have a Mutational Alchemy stashed away with spells on it so no one could see what it was if they came across it. It has so many levels upon levels for him to study and analyze as well as some very thothy eroticism which could appeal to Snape's.... years of repressed feelings shall we say? http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mutational-alchemy-tarot/

I think the king of blades looks like a possessed Amy from big bang theory. Just an observation on my part.