oracle decks based on playing cards

magician_

Hello

Do you have any experience on some oracle decks based on playing cards, but bearing the meanings written on the top? I have checked that meanings differs greatly from one to another deck.
Do you know some of these decks? Should one apply any standard set of meanings or simply read the message appearing in each of them?

Thank you very much.

cardlady22

Do you mean the sibilla decks? If so, I think I remember mentions that there is a French tradition and an Italian tradition. I have these 3 decks:
Lo Scarabeo ~ Sibilla Indovina, or Sibilla Oracle Cards
Lo Scarabeo ~ Every Day Oracle, or Vera Sibilla Italiana
Modiano ~ Le carte della fortuna

www.itarocchidigabriella.it/sibille.htm *click on the words underneath the suit symbols for the links

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=106494 is where we identified the specific decks being featured on the above site pages.

bodhran posted some sibilla keywords a while back. I'll try to find the post and link it here.
www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=83627

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=103965 another thread

magician_

hello. thanks for your answer. One of the decks I´m referring to is the famous Lenormand deck which consist of 36 cards based on the symbolism of playing cards, although, as I said, the general meaning don´t match to those of cartomancy:

http://lenormand36.wordpress.com/

Thank you

minrice

I too have the Sibilla oracle cards and I just read the message appearing on them and don't apply any system at all. If I do it is usually with numerology you know, but nothing too in depth. My experience has been that my Sibilla doesn't read very well, for me anyway, I have trouble getting in tune with the cards. But I still draw from it sometimes because it is fun and I like the little pictures. I don't know how "seriously" (can I say that?) the oracles based on playing cards are meant to be taken, maybe they are just decks that sound good and look pretty? Like I said my Sibilla is cute but not readable to me.