Please recommend a pretty playing card deck

olivia1

Thanks!

Thank you for all your recommendations...and especially to frannie for helping me feel less foolish :laugh: because I expected everyone to get angry and tell me to "google it."

I really like Il Vostro Destino by Masenghini but it seems like the only 2 stores (that have English sites) that carry it are sold out. Which is too bad because it looked nice...I think the Alice deck looks nice, too so I think I will look further into it.

Le Fanu

Oh so many! I just got one this week from MoonGypsy published by Meneghello (I don't have it at hand and cannot remember the name; maybe she can chime in). It has amazingly pictorial images and dates from 1588. Feels almost tarot-y.

I also like the ones which Fournier does. You can see their Baraja Neoclassica here. They also do a Goyesca one and a Romantica one. All pictorial cards and so beautiful. I use these for divination.

There is also a very beautiful 18th Century Russian Deck I bought from Sommerville and it has the most readable images...

I had the Prospero edition of the Alice in Wonderland deck but I went to an Alice in Wonderland party and made an outfit; great swathes of Red Queen tulle and a mad hatter hat and all these cards pinned to my clothes! Such a great night out! (Don't tell cardlady; she sent it; she'd be furious if she discovered I'd used it as my party outfit! :D)

ETA; Oh and get cardlady to tell you about the wonderful one which I enabled her on last week. Such a stunning deck but we shouldn't really tell you because it's a limited edition and I haven't bought mine yet })

olivia1

thanks!

Le Fanu said:
I also like the ones which Fournier does. You can see their Baraja Neoclassica here. They also do a Goyesca one and a Romantica one. All pictorial cards and so beautiful. I use these for divination.

I think i like them, too. The Romantica one and Neoclassica one has the same image, though. Unfortunately, I can't read spanish. are the suite classification easy to follow(i.e does it clearly mark that its 4 diamonds, ect). It doesnt look like it from the pic?

ETA; Oh and get cardlady to tell you about the wonderful one which I enabled her on last week. Such a stunning deck but we shouldn't really tell you because it's a limited edition and I haven't bought mine yet })

ha-dont worry. It's a LE and I'm notoriously cheap...I'm no competition.

Le Fanu

I love reading with Spanish cards because the suits are like Tarot; Batons, Cups, Swords & Coins! What more could you want!

Le Fanu

this is the Russian one and there's one in trading, check out rachelcat's thread! It's beautiful!

IheartTarot

olivia1 said:
Thank you for all your recommendations...and especially to frannie for helping me feel less foolish :laugh: because I expected everyone to get angry and tell me to "google it."

I really like Il Vostro Destino by Masenghini but it seems like the only 2 stores (that have English sites) that carry it are sold out. Which is too bad because it looked nice...I think the Alice deck looks nice, too so I think I will look further into it.

Don't be silly, you have kept us occupied for hours doing my favourite thing SHOPPING :D

Alida has Il Vostro Destino for a reasonable price of 9 euros, their service is excellent and their shipping costs are not unreasonable:

http://www.alidastore.com/

Click on the search button to start (Cerca su Alidastore) or the Union Jack for English site.

They have plenty other Sibillas too...

olivia1

IheartTarot said:
Don't be silly, you have kept us occupied for hours doing my favourite thing SHOPPING :D

Alida has Il Vostro Destino for a reasonable price of 9 euros, their service is excellent and their shipping costs are not unreasonable:

http://www.alidastore.com/

Click on the search button to start (Cerca su Alidastore) or the Union Jack for English site.

They have plenty other Sibillas too...

I sent you a PM saying this but wanted to say it again: thanks a lot :heart: you all are such nice people. I knew everyone was nice but I didn't know *this* nice. Thank you for helping me

cardlady22

My favorite non-illustrated playing card decks are

Arn de Gothia by Piatnik

Pippoglyph by Ben Crenshaw

The Alice by Prospero Art & the Key to the Kingdom are my 2 favorite illustrated decks.

~ * ~ * ~

Someday I hope to get around to compiling my own deck using the "most fitting" cards from my various Natural World Playing Card Collection decks by US Games.

~ * ~ * ~

Is it safe to enable on the deck Le Fanu told me about? I think so.

The Windrow-Ravenswood Deck (Tormented Artifacts)
The "beauty" behind this little gem is not the norm, but I'm smitten.
the deck's creator said:
For correspondence to a standard deck, there is a system- we'll be releasing a guide to the deck as well soon, but in the meantime, the basic stuff works like this:

Cogs: Spades
Bones: Clubs
Sea: Hearts
Circles: Diamonds

-Dmitri