Another one taking the Lenormand leap!

mysticmoon

I've recently caught the Lenormand fever and am now a proud owner of the little Piatnik Lenormand Oracle. I've also sent off for Sylvie's book "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle".

Although I've been reading Tarot for some years, cartomancy and predictive oracles are new to me. Lately I've been drawn more and more to cartomancy, but didn't want to leave behind the imagery of the tarot cards. So I came across Lenormand and its cousins and voila! :) It looks like a mix of both.

I think it'll take some time to adjust to the tiny size and small number of these cards when I'm used to dealing 78 and much larger cards of Tarot. But I'm very excited and I hope you guys can give me some tips and share some of your experiences working with the Lenormand oracle.

Thanks for reading my rambling! :heart:
MM

PS: I also got the Piatnik Gipsy Fortune Telling cards (dunno why) and the Art Deco cards (reminds me of comic book style imagery from my childhood)

Phoenix Rising

Hi MM,,

Welcome to the otherside. I've been totally impressed with the lenormand, that's why I coordinated a workshop, which Sylvie will be hosting, here in NZ. I pick her up from the airport next Saturday. It is truly an amazing oracle. And her system is proven accurate. It's just good to learn from the expert herself.

Enjoy working through the study group threads, don't peak at the answer though :laugh:

A few of us enthusiasts have a lenormand blog mine is here

Phoenix

Le Fanu

Yep, there´s something about the Lenormand.. I can´t put my finger on it but it really speaks. And those symbols are so immediate once you get the hang of them. I have loads of them (having vowed that one was enough) but my favourites are the Mystical and the Art Nouveau (Scarabeo) Lenormand.

mysticmoon

Phoenix, I've been reading your blog and also about your commendable efforts with the workshops. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Le Fanu, yeah, even though I think one Lenormand should be enough for me, I've already added Blue Owl Lenormand to my wish list. ;)

I've found some online resources for card meanings, but I'd love a step by step approach to begin with. I'll be ordering the Treppner course also sometime, but looks like Sylvie's book may be a good place to start.

Thanks guys for your comments! :heart:

Emily

Sylvie's book is an absolute godsend - I knew nothing about the Lenormand except from what I've managed to get offline so to have guidance from this book is brilliant. It covers everything you need to know about the Lenormand. :)

I've also managed to get a little collection of Lenormands together, also the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling cards for some reason, my favourites are the LoS Lenormand and the French Cartomancy - the Piatnik and Mystical are pretty nice too. And I have a little German one that has lovely artwork and the playing cards on but I can't read the German verses although I've had some interesting experiences with online translators LOL

I'm finding using these little decks to be a nice change from working with my Liber T. Its amazing that you can get so much from 36 cards. :)

mysticmoon

Emily said:
Sylvie's book is an absolute godsend - I knew nothing about the Lenormand except from what I've managed to get offline so to have guidance from this book is brilliant. It covers everything you need to know about the Lenormand. :)
That's good to know. :)
I've also managed to get a little collection of Lenormands together, also the Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling cards for some reason, my favourites are the LoS Lenormand and the French Cartomancy - the Piatnik and Mystical are pretty nice too. And I have a little German one that has lovely artwork and the playing cards on but I can't read the German verses although I've had some interesting experiences with online translators LOL

I'm finding using these little decks to be a nice change from working with my Liber T. Its amazing that you can get so much from 36 cards. :)
Yeah, the cards are 36, but they can have numerous combinations and that's pretty cool! They also look kind of cute with the small size and everything. :)

firefrost

I know there are lots of Lenormand lovers now - was wondering if we have enough to do a monthly reading circle.

I've got the lovely Red Owl and Tarot d'Eltynne, and I'd love to join a circle to learn from the seasoned campaigners.

The closest I've been to reading with these type of cards has been with my Russian Gypsie Fortune Telling Cards. That was fun!

What do you all think? Could someone (anyone) run a circle?

Phoenix Rising

Reading Circle

Hi Firefrost,

A reading circle sounds great. I'm certainly keen to pair up.

Phoenix

mysticmoon

firefrost, I'm also game! :) I also know one more person on AT who might jump at this monthly circle opportunity.

I may not be able to join the circle right away though. I am traveling soon and when the dust settles in November, I'll be up for readings. During this time I'm hoping to break in my Lenormand cards.

Sammie

I would be interested in a Reading Circle, too!

Sammie