Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Le Fanu

firefrost said:
Wasn't something to do with a deck from me, was it...? ;)
:D :D God, no! All - bar one ;) - are so beloved. And they have added rarity value; firefrost's brief foray into deck buying. I am one of the lucky members who has a rare firefrost deck! You don't see many of those in trading now!

firefrost

Le Fanu said:
:D :D God, no! All - bar one ;) - are so beloved. And they have added rarity value; firefrost's brief foray into deck buying. I am one of the lucky members who has a rare firefrost deck! You don't see many of those in trading now!

Lol...I thought you'd got rid of the other deck when you realised you really shouldn't have bought it! Nah, I still look into the trading thread every day but I'm happy with my precious chosen few now :D

gregory

Le Fanu said:
(Oh Greg how could you say that about LoS? haven't you tried at least the Ancient Italian?)
Who me ? What did I say ? I am not even IN this thread..... :) I aim to own EVERY LS DECK EVER MADE - and I am only actually missing about three of the very very early and limited ones - and some of the deluxe ones, of course... They do COST so... :)

I don't regret anything, but there are a couple of decks I own that - well-

:lightbulb Oh but wait - there was that VILE deck I just got rid of in the unloved thread. The Shit deck, aka Scheiss and Turd.... :D. It came as part of a job lot, and isn't really a tarot at all, but I did buy it, and I did regret it entering my home. Its new owner loves it though. Goodness only knows why. The Turd card was the first answer she ever got from it. For a health reading. She was PLEASED :confused:

OctoberGwen

Hm, I only regret one or two. All the others I bought that were not right simply passed through me to their new homes, where they're now (hopefully) appreciated and loved.

Why do I feel like I'm telling my children that our dog has gone to live on a farm where he runs happy and free all day?

MysticalMoose

gregory said:
-

:lightbulb: Oh but wait - there was that VILE deck I just got rid of in the unloved thread. The Shit deck, aka Scheiss and Turd....

:bugeyed: ??????!!!!!??????

REALLY? I WANT to know more about this!!!! :eek:

Now let me see, decks I got & wished I hadn't bothered....

Deviant Moon - yes, weird, creepy & depressed. (I can find that at work I don't need it at home)

Estensi - Castrations & extreme fingernail trimming - nuff said

Truth Seekers - All bling, no substance

Mantegna - too confoozling & faffy

Lord Of The Rings - Cartoony & crap

I Am One - Makes me think of Aliens

Starshower

Oooh, let me see ...
I hated the Spiral (esp the American-pie pips) so gave it away.
Then - whatever possessed me? - I bought the Celestial by the same lady - EUGH! Despite my love of astronomy & myths, I found it the creepiest, most hideous & scary deck I've ever seen. Those pallid, ill complexions ... that nightmarish swirliness <shudder.>

I dislike the Dream Enchantress, the Secret (mini) & the wonderful Rachel Pollack's Shining Tribe too. And the LS Art Nouveau. (I need to trade away these last 4.)

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
:bugeyed: ??????!!!!!??????

REALLY? I WANT to know more about this!!!! :eek:
It's in this thread somewhere. Just search it for turd... })

My initial post is here and it goes downhill from there. It really is dreadful. And she loves it !

ETA actually that would be a good thread for people posting here to visit !

Dusk Till Dawn

gregory said:
It's in this thread somewhere. Just search it for turd... })

My initial post is here and it goes downhill from there. It really is dreadful. And she loves it !
I really do! I get great readings for my Scheiss Family! No, seriously the Deck works, it's hilarious, and gives uo front answers. I really adore it!

gregory

OMG.

See what I mean ? INSANE, she is ! Poor thing. :)

canid

Tarot of the Elves. Too bloody bloody for me. The cards generally advertised aren't the creepy ones, no, those are a secret till you open the deck. For instance, on the 5 of Swords a girl-child runs along a stone fence with maniacal glee - she's holding a sword dripping blood, there's a bloody pentagram on the fence she's drawn, her clothes are smeared with blood, & a bloody body lies in a field beyond. Not my cup of creep.