Lenormand is like reading someones e-mails

Torann

Hi guys,

i don't do professional readings or something, i just do them for friends. But whenever i do like a grand tableau and you see all the aspects of their life... it always feels like i'm reading their private e-mails and chat sessions. To me privacy is a big thing.

I sometimes struggle with that. Because people are always surprised about how much we can see in the cards... like recently i found out that a friend was having a secret relationship with a colleague... she didn't expect me to read that. I did the reading with her consent of course.

Am I the only one with this problem? :)

CosmicBeing

I see it this way... if they come to you for a reading they have to be prepared for certain stuff the cards may reveal.

This can even happen during a tarot reading.

The Grand tableau to me shows how different aspects of someone's life is affecting another part of the person's life. I personally don't see it as invasive. Because.. it wouldn't come up if its affect wasn't present.

The interconnection.

They asked for a reading and the reading will very likely produce hidden information. That happens in all forms of divination tools. Tarot, oracle cards, etc.

Grand tableau = butterfly effect.

Torann

I like your point of view!

Most people that come to me would never go to an official reader. They are in between believing and not. So it is mostly a huge shock to them when I tell them everything I see. :)

Barleywine

The Grand Tableau is like a wonderful jigsaw puzzle that, when sorted out and pieced together, gives a complete overview of the querent's circumstances. It's important to note that, unless a long-range "life reading" is being done, not all of the focus areas need to be explored to the same level of detail every time. So if "love" isn't in the picture and isn't being contemplated at the time of the reading, but employment is a central concern, the reading should move in that direction. I wouldn't ignore key connections that show up, but if they don't elicit a strong reaction from the querent, I wouldn't dwell on them. Usually I get a sense of wonder (even awe) out of my sitters at the precision of Lenormand, not trepidation or offense at being violated.

Torann

The Grand Tableau is like a wonderful jigsaw puzzle that, when sorted out and pieced together, gives a complete overview of the querent's circumstances. It's important to note that, unless a long-range "life reading" is being done, not all of the focus areas need to be explored to the same level of detail every time. So if "love" isn't in the picture and isn't being contemplated at the time of the reading, but employment is a central concern, the reading should move in that direction. I wouldn't ignore key connections that show up, but if they don't elicit a strong reaction from the querent, I wouldn't dwell on them. Usually I get a sense of wonder (even awe) out of my sitters at the precision of Lenormand, not trepidation or offense at being violated.

actually she wanted to know how her current relationship was going to develop. So yes, it was a thing that had to be mentioned. She actually saw that I was kinda hesitating and avoiding the topic (she's knows me way too well :D), so i said that I was confused because i saw an affair at the office. She was a bit pale after that. :D But at the same time she was happy that it was finally out in the open.

:)

I still have a lot to learn, reading the cards is the easy part, it's how to say things with consideration and tact. :)

CosmicBeing

I give you an applause for being able to do in-person reading especially to people who are in your social network.

It's amazing what the Gt Layout can do. What is the longest time period you have looked at? I always have stayed between 1 month to 12 month time period. I would like to test out a 2 year time period which I might do on myself January 2017.

Torann

I give you an applause for being able to do in-person reading especially to people who are in your social network.

It's amazing what the Gt Layout can do. What is the longest time period you have looked at? I always have stayed between 1 month to 12 month time period. I would like to test out a 2 year time period which I might do on myself January 2017.

Not more than 6 months... :)

CosmicBeing

Not more than 6 months... :)

I did a 6 months one from January to July for myself. It was actually very accurate.

I'm stilling learning how to read the cards for myself. I notice it is always easier reading for someone else than self.

Torann

I did a 6 months one from January to July for myself. It was actually very accurate.

I'm stilling learning how to read the cards for myself. I notice it is always easier reading for someone else than self.

I totally agree. I always feel like I fool myself. It's difficult to take distance.

CosmicBeing

I totally agree. I always feel like I fool myself. It's difficult to take distance.

One way that helps is being the bully....have to be very mean to yourself and be a debbie downer. If the cards are truly positive..it be hard to turn it into a negative.